ForumsGamesDo we need a Colony 2?

616 183272
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Just wondering what you think. Remember tell why if we need Colony 2 or not.

So,what do you think?

• 616 Replies
MrShutUpnPlay
MrShutUpnPlay
1 posts
Nomad

i hope its hack and glitch proof...this one is full of them poor guys need to learn to play and use there brains..not cheat to win plus i ran into a few pros that hack as guests that realy sucks ***..ive been playing since september 2009..and my real name was just ShutUpnPlay...just upgraded my name by adding Mr....lolhope it works out well...oh yeah ....KRIN start lesting to our comments PLEASSSS!

cl41Liu
cl41Liu
4 posts
Nomad

i think there should be another and have all new units and buildings and ranks and all that, maybe even huge battles like 8v8 or 16v16 (that would be SOOOO fun!) and for the coampign, its boring i only finish 1,2, and 3, only Multiplayer rocks,

It'd lag like hell if this were added. I wish it were, but frankly, Krin is not programming a MMO separate from Armorgames
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

i hope its hack and glitch proof.

Sadly, every single game out there is hackable. Don't worry I want online games to be like that but it just can't. Maybe Krin should disable guests or make a server just for guests and normal users can do their stuff. And if the users hack people can just report them to an admin.
jordster5
jordster5
70 posts
Nomad

Well if you guys have Relized, People dont Actually So called "Hack" They use a website, a pre-hacked website, Like i said before, Megaswf and colonyhack.at.space. If people ACTUALLY hacked, it would be MUCH worst than using a pre-hacked website.

jordster5
jordster5
70 posts
Nomad

Oops didnt read much Comments,
@catclaws Servers wouldnt make it that much fun, i think it should just be one whole server cuz it would be hard finding Friends and one server could be full and full of good people while the others suck and cheat and i agree cl41, if its laggy with just 2v2 i dont think 8v8 would be much better, but 4v4 or 3v3 Could Still Work

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Yes jord I'm sure almost all the users here on AG know that by now and who here is actively playing colony between the week >.>?

catclaws12
catclaws12
92 posts
Peasant

@jordster5: Servers are made to reduce the lag, I mean we got one server and still most of us still lag, we need servers in different places in the world to make lag less and less, and 4v4 is such a bad idea specially if people made two forges 2 posts per team, that would make the game kinda endless...

doode97
doode97
15 posts
Nomad

i dont whant a new one until he fixes everything (rank problems, hakers and loading screen glitches) and if he does that than yes, i hope for a colony 2

Clausse
Clausse
66 posts
Shepherd

we do but krin should stop being so lazy cause colony 1 is getting worse its not only getting full whit hackers but also whit bugs you now get kicked from colony if u make more than 2 black queens i think he should make a colony 2 or upgrade the anti hack system cause this 1 isnt right

jordster5
jordster5
70 posts
Nomad

Idk why he's wasting his time on "Sinjid", Im srry but i dont really like that game, and guys, Give him a Chance. Its kinda hard Creating a WHOLE NEW game in a short time span with new things and all that. He has to be inspired or something right? lol

catclaws12
catclaws12
92 posts
Peasant

"Inspiration"? Ask all Colony players and they will give you tons.
Ask me I'll give you double the amount.
Ask someone like MBA (MiamiBigAL) he will give u 5X the amount XD
Ask jordster he wont give you **** XD

Lifemaster
Lifemaster
186 posts
Shepherd

First off, Colony 1 is a fully functional online flash game. The problems which exist have nothing to do with the game's creation and design. The balancing is extraordinary. The problem is purely technical with regards to preventing hacking, and it's come a long way from where it was. Online games are extremely easy to hack, and while I certainly don't condone it, it would be very hard to illuminate it if not impossible.

That being said, I do believe a Colony 2 would be a good idea, NOT BECAUSE Colony isn't a good enough game, but because there needs to be a jumpstart, something that will bring old colony players back, something that will draw new players in. It feels like the current Colony group are all the same old people and a buttload of guests, and anyone who's new is just garbage.

Regardless, Colony 2 is not going to happen any time soon, and for good reason. Sinjid 3 is nearly complete and will be absolutely fantastic. For those of you who enjoyed sinjid shadow of the warrior especially, but EVEN people who didn't like the original game, because it is an entirely different system. No more turn based gameplay, he has made it free action play, meaning that you can move around and use attacks and terrain to your advantage, getting many hits off on your opponent before they can get one off on you.

Once sinjid 3 is complete and released, Krin will be working on Sonny 3, something I think FAR more people will be interested in than Colony 2, and to be fair, it's deserved. Sonny 2 has 150% of the plays that Colony does if not more, and Sonny 2 came out before Colony. I wish it weren't so, because I prefer Colony by far, but too bad!

Also, with regards to the whole getting inspiration from current colony players...Krin has done this before, he did it for sinjid at least, and so maybe he'll do it come time for a new colony. The problem is, there are far too many people with far too many ideas, and there's no way for him to see all of them and comprehend what the game would be like if they were implemented. If you want to seriously have your ideas considered, first off, come up with ONE IDEA, your best one, and post it on krinstudio.com or send it to his email which is listed on that site, and if he likes it and asks you for more, go for it.

Lifemaster
Lifemaster
186 posts
Shepherd

it would be very hard to illuminate it if not impossible

Eliminate*

**** spellcheck.
Necrotiks
Necrotiks
6 posts
Nomad

No, it isn't

Lifemaster
Lifemaster
186 posts
Shepherd

No, it isn't

Nice argument.

Give me one element of the game's design that is flawed. I repeat, this does not include responses such as "there are hackers"
Showing 511-525 of 616