Forums → Programming Forum → Flash game test - BIG PROJECT
I worked on this game for quite some time. Probably a good 20-30 days of work on it. This is my first ever large scale game and has a functioning high score system by rankz.armorbot. (went down long time ago)
I didn't perfect everything yet but I am working on it so criticism is welcome. I am more worried right now about coding problems and glitches than making the jumping and collision detection perfect.
The game can be found here:
I also used a template from flashvillage.com to create a little movie about the making of the flash game and what goes into creating something like this.
The movie explaining the making of the game can be found here:
Making of Super Mitchio
If you get to check it out, let me know what you think.
- 173 Replies
Took, thanks! So you think I should put in different enemies along with mario and luigi?
Good game but I don't like the Character
Xinito, thanks. I will be working on the character.
A lot of you were complaining about the character so I uploaded a new version with updates.
1. Updated character making him look stronger and more proportioned to the game.
2. Fixed problem resulting from typing a space in your player name for high score submission. The game would restart the level and now only "Enter" will restart the level.
3. Added a message for when time runs out.
4. Added random message on the disclaimer and title screen which gives hints/general information.
5. Added "your rank" directly to the credits screen credits so you cannot miss it.
That's about all I had time to work out for this update. Let me know how the modified character looks and if there are any bugs/glitches that need to be fixed. Thanks everyone!
I like it. I think there's a bit much stuff on screen and the goal needs to be a little clearer, but otherwise good.
However, I don't understand why you came to armorgames to show off your game, unless you enjoy hearing that you game is boring an unfun and not getting any constructive criticism. For example: "gameplay is a bit bad" "Mario looks a bit worser". I lol'd.
I think you should only show the boss health when in a boss fight.
I'd also suggest adding mochiads, but I think the game screen is too small.
Simo, thanks for the input! I went ahead and edited my test version to have the boss health appear only when you are near that boss. I will upload it later this week.
I came to the armor games forum because I was using the free high score system provided by armor games for my original version. The free high score system was taken down and I replaced it with Mochi leaderboads. Otherwise I'm considering mochiads, but I would like to refine the game further before doing that.
Such a crazy game. But fun.
Calvin, thanks but I personally like Super Mario.
I just uploaded my newest version. The screen is less cluttered now that the boss healths are only visible when near the bosses. The carrot enemies now need to be activated before they can be killed, the animation will explain it.
1. Removed boss healths so they are only visible when near that particular boss.
2. Carrot enemies now come out of the ground when the player gets within close proximity. If they are not activated, they will stay in the ground.
3. Fixed preloader so it loads as early as possible in the loading sequence.
4. Rearranged a couple things on the credits screen.
5. Cleaned up boss death animations (shuriken/bullet remove).
6. Made it possible to fire the shuriken while jumping and holding directional buttons.
7. Fixed glitch when using developer mode which would cause the level to revert to the previous level upon restarting.
I might be changing the first and second level music in my next version, stay tuned!
Fun. Crazy. Makes me mad x)
Ok but i do like super mario better.The guns are awesome
Kingjac, thanks! Have you found the shuriken yet?
I haven't had much time to play this yet, but just playing up to the first boss on the second level, I'm quite impressed with this being your first game and you developing it by yourself, granted it's based on Nintendo games in a way, but so was super mafia bros and I have to wonder how many people whined about it being a ripoff. Regardless I like where your going with this, and it's definitely better then my first flash game which was just a simple avoider game. Regardless this kind of makes me want to get back into developing flash games now, and honestly I'm ok with the classic music, especially the sounds from Legend of Zelda which I wasn't quite expecting. Anyways great game thus far, it still feels a little unpolished, and all but that is to be expected for someone's first game much of the time.
Urgh, really bad game.
There needs to be a tutorial and something that says what direction to go, How can we reach level 2 if we dont know how to?
You must be logged in to post a reply!