ForumsWEPRWhy Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas?

140 29550
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

I would like to know why atheists feel that they have the right to celebrate Christmas. And even worse, WHAT THE HECK GIVES ATHEISTS THE RIGHT to insist on cutting out the word Christmas from everything? Example: they changed it from CHRISTMAS tree to HOLIDAY tree.
Now how stupid is that? The trees are meant FOR CHRISTMAS! That's what the 'holiday' in holiday tree stands for, CHRISTmas. So, fire on me all you want, I just want some answers.

• 140 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

1. I like getting money/presents

2. Christmas parties are always fun

3. 80% of the people in my area celebrate Christmas

4. I like the Christmas food..

and most importantly

5. We get F*%&ing EGG NOG!
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

The true reason of Christmas is to celebrate Jesus's Birth. You should only celebrate Christmas if you know why you are celebrating it.

That's true but they are celebrating their own version of Christmas.
There is CHRISTmas and Christmas.

I believe in CHRISTmas,
they believe in Christmas
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

^ HELL YEAH!!!!
also

I <3 CHRISTMAS COOKIES!!!!!!

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Federal Holiday?

a federal holiday is a public holiday recognized by the government, during which all nonessential government services are closed.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

Egg Nog?

Never heard of it. Is it something from your country?
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

I would like to know why atheists feel that they have the right to celebrate Christmas. And even worse, WHAT THE HECK GIVES ATHEISTS THE RIGHT to insist on cutting out the word Christmas from everything? Example: they changed it from CHRISTMAS tree to HOLIDAY tree.
Now how stupid is that? The trees are meant FOR CHRISTMAS! That's what the 'holiday' in holiday tree stands for, CHRISTmas. So, fire on me all you want, I just want some answers.

Wow dude, just wow. Your ignorance spreads faster than a forest fire on steroids.

Christmas isn't just celebrating Christ, it's a time of family, love, and happiness (and presents.) It's our freedom to enjoy any holiday we like as Atheists, so live with it or take a premature trip to Heaven for all I care.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

How else are they supposed to get presents? The true reason of Christmas is to celebrate Jesus's Birth. You should only celebrate Christmas if you know why you are celebrating it.

but that's not why I celebrate it, and that's not why it was originally celebrated.

Maybe we atheists should use a different word other then the religiously coined one "Christmas".
Personally I liked the suggestion of Giftmas.
Merry Giftmas - A Holiday Poem
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

Maybe we atheists should use a different word other then the religiously coined one "Christmas".
Personally I liked the suggestion of Giftmas

Epic mocking, or... are you actually suggesting this cr4p?
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

You guys are looking at it point blank. You have to realize most Atheists come from Christian / Catholic families and the such.

And it has come more of a commodity rather a time of Christ.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

It's our freedom to enjoy any holiday we like as Atheists

Atheists don't have families. Lol.

Never had it XO.
Epic mocking

I think.
You have to realize most Atheists come from Christian / Catholic families and the such.

Like me .
Raised with Christmas and the belief of God, chose not to follow it, though. Whether that makes me atheist or agnostic, or just plain ignorant in everyone's eyes, your judgement.

Giftmas hm? I think that's a splendid name XD.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

You guys are looking at it point blank. You have to realize most Atheists come from Christian / Catholic families and the such.

thank you! Finally! A person who uses logic and understanding!
Most atheists were raised in a theistic religion. *like myself*
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Giftmas? Now THAT pisses me off.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Giftmas? Now THAT pisses me off.

You don't like a holiday that supports capitalism?
Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

Egg Nog is the most delicious drink ever conceived by the minds of men. Just the thought of heavenly drink on my tongue makes me want to believe there is a god. Whenever I see they stop selling my favourite brands, I lose sight of the joy it once gave me.

DefinitelyCrazy
DefinitelyCrazy
344 posts
Nomad

Example: they changed it from CHRISTMAS tree to HOLIDAY tree.
Now how stupid is that? The trees are meant FOR CHRISTMAS! That's what the 'holiday' in holiday tree stands for, CHRISTmas.

It's changed to holiday for political correctness. Same as "Season's Greeting", "Happy Holidays", "Winter Party". Because if you say Christmas there's going to be that Jew in accounting who pulls the discrimination card because you don't celebrate Hanukkah as well. Just referring to it as the holiday covers your a*s so people can't get mad at you. Also, I'm pretty sure this was covered, but I'm not looking through 5 pages to check.
Showing 31-45 of 140