ForumsGamesAge of war 2 is now on maxgames

90 47459
IceDrakeknight
IceDrakeknight
348 posts
Farmer

Age of war 2

Everyone call to arms!! the new era of the Human evolution has finally begun!!

• 90 Replies
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

i think louissi cut the lanes because it was to hard for well people that don't understand very much (as in the disagreement with 3 lanes in warfare 1944 really got people annoyed) but im sad that louissi wasted time to make something that COULD be better then warfare if he made multi player but i guess he didn't have much time on his hands still i enjoyed it but multi player would have made it in the top 5 fav games

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I think he didn't even work on it as much as he planned to. I don't understand how people can't do 3 lanes? Seriously? I was hopinh for a lot more age's too.. :[

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

great game

Doesn't really explain why it's great..
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Eh, can't say it's great, it's ok thought.

Elbeano
Elbeano
4 posts
Nomad

Extremely disappointed with the "God's Wrath" Character that you make on the Futuristic age. I saved up $40000 to make two of them while at a stalemate with the comp, and they died rather quickly due to their slow attack and slow speed. Not saying it's a bad game. It's good, but I dare say you didn't spend much time on it as you might have liked.

I hope that it was only a beta, and that the final version would come out on other sites later on. But I very much doubt it. =/

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Extremely disappointed with the "God's Wrath" Character that you make on the Futuristic age. I saved up $40000 to make two of them while at a stalemate with the comp, and they died rather quickly due to their slow attack and slow speed. Not saying it's a bad game. It's good, but I dare say you didn't spend much time on it as you might have liked.

I hope that it was only a beta, and that the final version would come out on other sites later on. But I very much doubt it. =/

Read the blog, I believe it's already the final version.
D:
It's still not bad though, just doesn't hold my attention for that long anymore...
Tho76
Tho76
5 posts
Nomad

I like it =).
The ages are fun,and i like the challange for "hard".
*psst,can't win? Try spamming Mad Scientists on last level, fully upgraded!*

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I like it =).
The ages are fun,and i like the challange for "hard".
*psst,can't win? Try spamming Mad Scientists on last level, fully upgraded!*

Try insane, mad scientists fire too slow and have too low life for my liking, I used to like them because of their range but...
Lifemaster
Lifemaster
186 posts
Shepherd

So my assessment...

Having played the first one (a very fun and simple game) I am inclined to say that this new attempt has been to make the game have a complicated side to it, while maintaining the same gameplay and fun-ness. The only question is: did it succeed?

Yes. I can't say it's exactly what I would have wanted, but there are many aspects to this new Age of War which I was very pleased to see implemented. For example:

Classes: I always love strategy, and having classes that naturally do more damage against another is an absolute win.
Turrets: AREN'T THE WAY TO WIN THE GAME. I couldn't stand in the previous AoW that you could get the best turrets and then go afk for about 30 mins, come back and spam the special units. It was bullshit, and not fun. This provided a challenge. People could attack your base, even if you had a unit out front, or had towers to attack.
Difficulty Level: Fantastic. Easy is easy, Medium is fun, Hard is challenging, Insane is...well, "oh shit." A good game is always one that keeps you challenged for a long time...either that or having a multiplayer option :-p
Upgrades: A little bit rocky on the balancing issues, for example, focus upgrades on anti armor's and you can win without trying using either grenades or mad scientists. Like how you can upgrade turrets, and how much $$ comes in.
The Different Ages: Alright...can't say I have many complaints...would have liked to see more available turrets for some of the ages, as well as different units...hated the Egyptian guys.
Special Abilities: Mmmm...using experience? Really? Make the cooldown timers 3x longer but take away the experience cost. Don't make people stay in the same age forever.
Graphics: Very nice, love the options...have a good framerate, high quality, increase screen size, all that jazz. Also, I much prefer turning numbers on!! I think you all should too when you play.
Animations: Some of the guys really looked cool, others are just like...really? Egyptian supports...umm wtf are you? Renaissance Infantry, who broke your legs? etc. Last level supports? also weird legs. And mages too, weird. Liked the last level's infantry, anti-armor, and armors.
END GAME: While I was annoyed at how long it took to make enough money to buy a super unit and end the game...I came to the realization, that's not how you're supposed to win. It would have made it too easy. I'm almost inclined to say remove the unit altogether, but whatever.

So! Those are my opinions + observations...will anyone agree with them? maybe, will anything be done about them? nope. hahaha. hope y'all enjoyed the game though. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted firetail

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

If you've played insane, you'll know you don't focus on anti-armor...
Game needs a bit of balancing, I do say...

No_Stress
No_Stress
366 posts
Nomad

Classes: I always love strategy, and having classes that naturally do more damage against another is an absolute win.

I completely ignored this "more damage against another class" and I did it just fine.
Difficulty Level: Fantastic. Easy is easy, Medium is fun, Hard is challenging, Insane is...well, "oh ****.

Please take a look at THIS thread, if you know how to play, insane mode is very very VERY easy.
Upgrades:

The Income upgrade doesn't work and you can create the mage and the cannon without buying the "upgrade" that unlock them, just click in the unit image.
Game needs a bit of balancing, I do say...

With this I agree. =)
IceDrakeknight
IceDrakeknight
348 posts
Farmer

Well louissi doesnt need to send it on AG cause people have already played in maxgames, so it necessary

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

With this I agree. =)

Also, a change in the stats.
You know where it says until attacking speed? I think it's like way off...
SOYMASTER
SOYMASTER
1,098 posts
Nomad

This was way too easy.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Even on insane?

Showing 61-75 of 90