ForumsWEPR[necro]Creator? Big Bang? Or God??

1107 204199
batistarocks6969
batistarocks6969
87 posts
Nomad

well if any of u r familiar with the law of conservation and mass, then u know that it states that matter cannot be created from nothing, or completely destroyed. so evolutionists say this, then turn around and say the big bang created the universe as we know it. WTF!!?!?!?!the universe went from non existent to existent in a fraction of a nanosecond! and where did the bigbang come from? nothing? nope, because if the law of conservation and mass is true, then the bigbang isnt. simple...

• 1,107 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

If 2 asteroids ever hit each other, and then caused a bunch of planets in a solarsystem, with only one containing life.. I would love to see it happen. Gotta say i kinda find that a bitt more impossible than god creating us. Or maybe it was a great big speghetti monster.

You obviously need to read up on these scientific theories, because this is definitely NOT what we have been trying to explain to you pages ago. No, two asteroids DO NOT make planets. If you want to debate against something, then at least learn about the methods of it first.
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

In the overly simplified laymen version.
It's interstellar dust like what is found making up nebulas. Due to exceeding gravitational forces, the dust begins to condense. This can be triggered by things like a nearby supernova or black hole. As it collapses more and more it begins to heat up and eventually causes a fusion reaction thus a star is born.
This new star has it's own gravitation force pulling in and condensing the remaining dust. Over time the dust that wasn't pulled in because it condensed so much that it was just to big for the gravitational force of the star to effect it in that way, begin to form a stable orbit around the star. It forms this orbit because it now has it's own gravitational force pulling back. It's like a cosmic tug of war. Thus we now have planets around the star.
If one of those planets is sitting in the right distance fr
om the star so that liquid water can exist then it has the potential for life to form. Also based on our observation of extremophiles we think life could exist in areas even outside these ideal conditions.

Hmm only answer out there that didnt attack me... i basically tried just to throw in a religious belief into something more scientifc to see what would happen. just like what most ppl do in religious threads, but kinda the opposite way around i suppose. haha even a mod attacked, but its pretty chill how you quickly understand how this is a very non religious based site.

For me to say God created the universe is yes retarded. But i was basically looking to see what would happen.. and i figured as much.

You obviously need to read up on these scientific theories, because this is definitely NOT what we have been trying to explain to you pages ago. No, two asteroids DO NOT make planets. If you want to debate against something, then at least learn about the methods of it first.

this of course was my favorite. =)

Anyways if i was talking about how God created the universe, basically it would be that 7 day theory that comes from genesis.. (no not phil collins).. Which im supposed to think is the real way God made the universe.... i dont thow, and i really couldn't care what made the earth. a number of different things could've happened, and its kinda a time waster...

PCE

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Your last post was a huge waste of space....

Why does everyone say that learning the creation of the universe is a waste of time? If we can figure out how the universe was formed, then we may be able to create matter and energy, or atleast be able to creat a small universe that we could live in the case we live long enough to outlive the universe...

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

then we may be able to create matter and energy

You can't "create" energy or matter. You can only transform one into the other. (E=mcÂ&sup2
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

I'm just wondering why so many believe in God if you atheists are so "absolutely sure" that He doesn't exist?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I'm just wondering why so many believe in God if you atheists are so "absolutely sure" that He doesn't exist?

I am more interested in knowing why you are magically labelled stupid if you do believe in God.
But apparently we have a bunch of logical positivists around.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

You can't "create" energy or matter. You can only transform one into the other. (E=mcÃÂ&sup2

Current science says that, but that goes against EVERY creatonist "thory", and possibly go agaisnt the creation of the universe, we whould have to find out to be shure.

Because you get it beat into your head as a child.
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

Current science says that, but that goes against EVERY creatonist "thory" and possibly go agaisnt the creation of the universe

I don't think so. What if there was energy in the beginning of the universe? It was just there... You can call it God if you want^^
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I don't think so. What if there was energy in the beginning of the universe? It was just there... You can call it God if you want^^

It was a finite amount though, every god I have heard of alwasy has an infinite amount, thus going against the god bieng the energy.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

I am more interested in knowing why you are magically labelled stupid if you do believe in God.
But apparently we have a bunch of logical positivists around.

Aside from the bibles long term existence its not much different then a well written fantasy novel at your local book store, and I bet if someone lived there life by a fantasy book and truly believed it was true, lots of people(including theists) would call them stupid(also heathen,heretic, ect)

For the same reason so many don't believe in God even though all you theists are 'absolutely sure' he exists.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Aside from the bibles long term existence its not much different then a well written fantasy novel at your local book store, and I bet if someone lived there life by a fantasy book and truly believed it was true, lots of people(including theists) would call them stupid(also heathen,heretic, ect)

Indeed, but it seems more to me that people judge by the title rather than the content. Which is why I wonder why that there is that magical = between Christian and stupid. It makes it extremely hard to have a proper conversation/discussion. Then again, I can imagine some theists having the same = between atheists and stupid because they are too fixated on their holy book to actually be aware of what it is teaching.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

and I bet if someone lived there life by a fantasy book and truly believed it was true, lots of people(including theists) would call them stupid(also heathen,heretic, ect)

I'm pretty sure it's called Scientology.

Then again, I can imagine some theists having the same = between atheists and stupid because they are too fixated on their holy book to actually be aware of what it is teaching.

I find you have to do a lot of cherry picking to find morals in the Bible.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I find you have to do a lot of cherry picking to find morals in the Bible.

The teachings of Jesus Christ aren't moral, perhaps? Sure it might be fantasy, but are we nitpicking, then science is only theories, and reality is words (Thank you for screwing me up, Zinkernagel, thank you)
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The teachings of Jesus Christ aren't moral, perhaps? Sure it might be fantasy, but are we nitpicking,

I didn't say there weren't some moral things in there you just have to cherry pick the Bible to get them. Let's take one of the big ten for example, "Thou shalt not kill".

Hosea 13:16
Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Ezekiel 9:6
Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Ezekiel 23:25
And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; and thy residue shall be devoured by the fire.

Joshua 6:21
And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

Joshua 8:21
And when Joshua and all Israel saw that the ambush had taken the city, and that the smoke of the city ascended, then they turned again, and slew the men of Ai.

Joshua 10:28
And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jericho.

Judges 1:4
And Judah went up; and the LORD delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand: and they slew of them in Bezek ten thousand men.

Exodus 21:17
And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 22:18
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. (well no need to bold this)

Exodus 22:20
He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed. (Not to mention for sacrificing)

Exodus 31:15
Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 32:27-28
And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.
And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

Leviticus 20:10-13
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 20:15-16
And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.
And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 20:27
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Okay I'm just going to stop here seeing as Leviticus seems to be just one big list of who to kill.

But really out of all that what's the moral we get out of the Bible about killing? "Thou shalt not kill", yep no cherry picking here.
BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

Which is why I wonder why that there is that magical = between Christian and stupid

Cen, you probably are the first and only pro-creationist that actually posts intelligently in the WEPR. Most creationists and evangalists are either hypocritical, delusional, or deceitful. Following a religion requires very little mental capacity. Converting undecided individuals into accepting Christian beliefs is almost as easy. It's like the donkey scenario, where the stick is on one side and the carrot is on the other, only the targets of evangalism see a fiery pit on one end while the road to heaven lies on the other.
Showing 1066-1080 of 1107