ForumsWEPR[necro]Creator? Big Bang? Or God??

1107 204193
batistarocks6969
batistarocks6969
87 posts
Nomad

well if any of u r familiar with the law of conservation and mass, then u know that it states that matter cannot be created from nothing, or completely destroyed. so evolutionists say this, then turn around and say the big bang created the universe as we know it. WTF!!?!?!?!the universe went from non existent to existent in a fraction of a nanosecond! and where did the bigbang come from? nothing? nope, because if the law of conservation and mass is true, then the bigbang isnt. simple...

• 1,107 Replies
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

Following a religion requires very little mental capacity.
Really? You try deciphering 1300 pages of Old English and applying it to life.
Cen, you probably are the first and only pro-creationist that actually posts intelligently in the WEPR
And you are probably the only one who has zero sense of humour and in the WEPR.
Dude, chill it out.

justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

Most creationists and evangalists are either hypocritical, delusional, or deceitful.
So now the hypocrits calling OTHERS hypocrits... I wonder what that makes you???

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I didn't say there weren't some moral things in there you just have to cherry pick the Bible to get them. Let's take one of the big ten for example, "Thou shalt not kill".

Yeah. Which is the second reason why I go by the New Testament rather than the old. I am a Christian, after all. Yes, that might be like being religious light or cherry picking what I like from a religion, but I have more respect for a man that told people not to hate and judge others than for a voice in the sky that tell people to kill each other to show they believe, especially since it is against the entire religion.
No matter if Jesus is considered God's son, or God on earth, I still believe it shows some progress on some level.
Besides, it is a social norm nor to go killing people, especially since about 98 percent of all people are unable to kill someone standing in front of them anyway.

Following a religion requires very little mental capacity.

That depends on how you do it. If you are following the belief blindly without questioning and seeing what is behind it all, then yes, I agree. I don't follow Christianity blindly (probably because I'm not raised in a country where fanatics dwell on every street cornor, which I am thankful for), and if I did, I would probably not be trying to get a master in a scientific field. Or be friends with atheists (that have the most fascinating discussions on the Bible).

Converting undecided individuals into accepting Christian beliefs is almost as easy.

The sad part about the whole thing, I admit. No wonder Christians are so easily trolled on the internet.

So now the hypocrits calling OTHERS hypocrits... I wonder what that makes you???

Follow your own advice and chill a bit, huh? He said most. It was not directly directed at you, unlike your attack. It takes patience to discuss these matters, especially because they rarely change anyone's views and they circle around the same few arguments.
Actually I would believe religious discussions are a perfect example of fractals. It is basically the same over and over with a few changes.

Ooh, I rant a lot...
Btw Mage, thanks for the quotes. I do agree that it is a list of killing. Just like the crusades were nothing but killing either, which is kinda - disgusting to think of.
BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

Dude, chill it out.

And you're saying...

Really? You try deciphering 1300 pages of Old English and applying it to life

That's really not that hard. All you need is a lot of imagination. In the face of science/math/anything related to reality, it pales in difficulty.

So now the hypocrits calling OTHERS hypocrits

How are we hypocrits?
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

Dude, chill it out.
And you're saying...

I'm saying you're posts are preaty much boring to read. I mean, "If my superior intelligence daunts you?" Can't you at least say,"If I'm too smart for you?" or something? This ain't Larry King Live. You can relax here, it's not life or death.
Really? You try deciphering 1300 pages of Old English and applying it to life
That's really not that hard. All you need is a lot of imagination. In the face of science/math/anything related to reality, it pales in difficulty.

It's not imagination that helps you decipher this stuff. It's wisdom and interpretation, something most atheists have none of.
So now the hypocrits calling OTHERS hypocrits
How are we hypocrits?
I think this is the third time I've had to explain this. An atheist thinks Christians are ignorant, a Christian thinks an atheist is ignorant, both think they are the ones who are right, and in reality both are ignorant as long as they fail to recognize that they themselves are ignorant... so put it this way: if you realize what you're doing is ignorant and consider the other side, you're ignorant. If you just say that your side is the right side and the other side is hypocritical and ignorant without even giving any clear explanation, then, well, you're the ignorant one. Suck that up, okay? I don't want to have to explain a FOURTH time...
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

It's like the donkey scenario, where the stick is on one side and the carrot is on the other, only the targets of evangalism see a fiery pit on one end while the road to heaven lies on the other.

Oh, yikes I forgot to ask...
What the heck is the donkey scenario in the first place???
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Oh, yikes I forgot to ask...
What the heck is the donkey scenario in the first place???

The scinario were if the donkey goes one way, he gets a carrot, and if he goes the other he gets hit, whitch was even explained in his sentance..
BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

I'm saying you're posts are preaty much boring to read

I'm sorry ur 2 stupid to read my posts.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yeah. Which is the second reason why I go by the New Testament rather than the old.

How does that work exactly? Considering the New Testament often refers back to the old.

but I have more respect for a man that told people not to hate and judge others than for a voice in the sky that tell people to kill each other to show they believe, especially since it is against the entire religion.

I would have more respect for a man telling everyone to be nice to each other then some voice saying to kill everyone as well. Though that voice is what the religion worships. Also isn't the man and the voice suppose to be one in the same or 1/3 of a whole or how ever that works? Even if not that voice did say not to kill but then goes on to give a list of who to kill. Honestly even if it turned out to be real it doesn't sound like such a hot thing to follow.

Personally if I was going to go with a religion just for it's morals I think I would pick Wicca. "Do as you will and harm non" very simple and straight forward and doesn't have all that killing baggage I would have to ignore.

It's not imagination that helps you decipher this stuff. It's wisdom and interpretation, something most atheists have none of.

How is it wise to believe in something that has nothing to support it? This is like saying it's wiser to believe magic pixies exist then not to.
Considering interpretation of the Bible is done by listening to the voice in your head then I would have to say, yes it is imagination.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Personally if I was going to go with a religion just for it's morals I think I would pick Wicca. "Do as you will and harm non" very simple and straight forward and doesn't have all that killing baggage I would have to ignore.

They have a male and a female deity too, and worships nature. It is actually quite an interesting concept, especially the concept of harming or being good, because it comes back to you three times as strong. So if you hurt somebody, you are sure that "karma" will kick you balls.

How does that work exactly? Considering the New Testament often refers back to the old.

Quite easily. Rather go by Jesus than dad-man. Christian-ity, after all.
Though that voice is what the religion worships.[with more]

I think I replied to that in my post. However it is seen, I believe it shows a progress in morality. What Jesus tells us to do is not laws and biddings but simply advice. Less strict than the death by lightning bolt and what not in the Old Testament.
BoomGuy
BoomGuy
28 posts
Nomad

big bang that god caused maybe?

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

G0D P4wNs n00bs K4yz?! Anyway...isn't the idea of a creator and God the same thing? Because shouldn't you worship your creator and your creator is your God?

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

Intriguing concept, and a radical idea, BoomGuy. But did you really have to necro this thread to say it?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Possible but what proof do we have for that being the case?

Anyway...isn't the idea of a creator and God the same thing? Because shouldn't you worship your creator and your creator is your God?

Basically yes it is the same thing. Intelligent Design came up with the concept of a "creator" as being some how separate from God to try and do a run around on the rule of not teaching religion in public schools. Though people were able to clearly see right through this lie. As for worshiping your creator I don't see it necessary, particularly since if there is one this being has gone out of it's way to seem like it doesn't exist.
LazyOne
LazyOne
166 posts
Nomad

There's also the theory that the big bang happens over and over again, for unknown amount of times...

Showing 1081-1095 of 1107