ForumsForum GamesBattle Strategy Club

170 22866
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

It's time for battle! Do you have what it takes to make a good plan to survive a real life like simulated battle? The Battle Strategy Club will create many real like battle situations where you put yourself in the shoes of a soldier in that situation. Like the survival clubs on AG, in this club, members will have to make a plan for each part of the scenario that would keep them alive. At the beginning of each scenario you will be given,
-Time and location
-Equipment and other personal you have with you
-Info about the enemy
-Important info about elements that affect your decisions
-The goal to achieve victory
Before you start participating in the club you must enlist with the WarGeneral. As members complete scenarios they will move up in rank.
Let the battle begin!

Scenario #1 3/2/2010

Time- Day 4:30pm
Location- Iraq desert between mountain range
Conditions- Sunny, temp 80, wind 40mph north
Personal- 12 soldiers total, 1 medic, 1 engineer, 10 infantry
Equipment- 3 humvee's, 2 are damaged, every soldier has one water jug,flare,basic uniform, and 25 mile cb radio, infantry has M4 with 2 extra clips, medic has med pac, engineer has basic tools to disarm explosives.

Part one- The convoy of the 3 humvee's with the 12 soldiers left camp Bravo and are traveling a back road that cuts through the montains to get to camp Delta, which is 50 miles east of camp Bravo. At 4:30pm, 20 miles west of camp Bravo the convoy gets hit with a road side bomb destroying the first two humvee's. In the first Humvee, the driver and front pasenger get killed(infantry). The engineer and another infantry soldier get badly injured enough to not make them mobile. In the secound humvee, Two infantry soldiers get minor wounds, but are still mobile, the other two are fine. The medic and the other three infantry soldiers in the third humvee are fine.
The mountains block radio contact to either base until you are only 5 miles away from them. 10 miles to the south is a small village(pop 8000) were most residents are hostile towards you. The Intel claims there is a 10-20 man enemy unit on foot with ak47s the patrols the village every 2 hours. The residents in the village have radios that could reach the base and food. The road were the convoy was hit is patroled by a 10-20 man enemy unit with trucks and ak47s that go up and down the road at 30mph.

You are the squad leader(a infantry soldier). You need to recover the convoy from the bomb and then plan what to do befor night hits(7:30pm).

• 170 Replies
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

The military never kills a soldier in the field unless something like their two legs got blown off and the soldier is bleeding out fast. (kill them by and overdose of morphine) Good plan, although a little risky. For your good effort in the club I promote you to first class private

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

i put the injured men in the working humvee and drive with 2 other infantries to safety, then i moved the dameged hummvees into fallback positions off the road and move slowly and carefully down the side of the road, hiding when enemies come, if they see us, we kill em or run to fallback

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

oh yah and take whatever we can from the dead guys and replace one of the infantries with the wounded with the medic

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Part one- The convoy of the 3 humvee's with the 12 soldiers left camp Bravo and are traveling a back road that cuts through the montains to get to camp Delta, which is 50 miles east of camp Bravo. At 4:30pm, 20 miles west of camp Bravo the convoy gets hit with a road side bomb destroying the first two humvee's. In the first Humvee, the driver and front pasenger get killed(infantry). The engineer and another infantry soldier get badly injured enough to not make them mobile. In the secound humvee, Two infantry soldiers get minor wounds, but are still mobile, the other two are fine. The medic and the other three infantry soldiers in the third humvee are fine.
The mountains block radio contact to either base until you are only 5 miles away from them. 10 miles to the south is a small village(pop 8000) were most residents are hostile towards you. The Intel claims there is a 10-20 man enemy unit on foot with ak47s the patrols the village every 2 hours. The residents in the village have radios that could reach the base and food. The road were the convoy was hit is patroled by a 10-20 man enemy unit with trucks and ak47s that go up and down the road at 30mph.

Time- Day 4:30pm
Location- Iraq desert between mountain range
Conditions- Sunny, temp 80, wind 40mph north
Personal- 12 soldiers total, 1 medic, 1 engineer, 10 infantry
Equipment- 3 humvee's, 2 are damaged, every soldier has one water jug,flare,basic uniform, and 25 mile cb radio, infantry has M4 with 2 extra clips, medic has med pac, engineer has basic tools to disarm explosives.

This is Team Alpha. Three soldiers and the engineer will go ahead several miles, taking the last humvee, going as quickly as possible, and taking the radio with them. The engineer and a soldier will be scouts, searching for and disarming all explosives along the road. Their duty will be to get within radio range and contact HQ, giving a concise sitrep and requesting backup ASAP. Afterwards, they will return back via the same route, since that's already been cleared, this time all of them are riding in the Humvee. Any tangos encounterd on the way back will be killed, captured, or otherwise incapacitated. They will radio the soldiers at the combat zone during the ride back, informing them of the incoming help and the ETA. When they reach the combat zone, they will do the same thing as the others.

This team is Team Bravo. Meanwhile, back at the combat zone, the men will take cover in the destroyed humvees, returning fire cautiously and in moderation. The medic will attempt to heal the badly injured soldiers, making them fit to fight again, under cover fire from the healthy soldiers. For the wounded for whom this tactic does not work, they will go to a safe spot and try to prevent bleeding to save their own lives. All soldiers will drink water and eat food when necessary. At night, if this stretches on that far, they will post two sentries, taking rotations for watches, and patrolling on foot for the duration of their watch to prevent sleeping on duty. If an enemy comes, they will awake the rest of the soldiers and the enemy will be killed.
At the approximate ETA of the help coming, the soldiers will use their flare, indicating their exact position so that the help will be able to locate them.
The reinforcements are Team Charlie. When the help arrives, the wounded soldiers will be taken away from the combat area, while the rest will do the following: the original defenders will get some rest, while the reinforcements guard the camp. Then, half the group(with equal parts Bravo, Alpha, and Charlie, so it's even) will guard the camp, while an offensive team will go to the enemy ambush site. Offense is Zulu, Defense is November. Zulu will split into three parts, two will attack the separate flanks, while the first will attack in the front.
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

Good Plan Moabarmorgamer but if team Alpha or team Bravo encounted the 10-20 man enemy unit patroling the road,they would most likely not survive the fight. I am enlisting you as a first class private.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

hey what about me?!?!?!

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Good Plan Moabarmorgamer but if team Alpha or team Bravo encounted the 10-20 man enemy unit patroling the road,they would most likely not survive the fight. I am enlisting you as a first class private.

Maybe I should have specified; their objective and win-all is stealth, and pretty much just to survive until Charlie arrives. If any attack should take place committed by Alpha or Bravo, it would be in a guerilla style, and certainly not head to head(because then they would be slaughtered). Falling back is fine, just as long as they keep the signal flare so the backup knows where to go.
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

Ok rick073 I am enlisting you as a private.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

woopee!!

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

Maybe I should have specified; their objective and win-all is stealth, and pretty much just to survive until Charlie arrives. If any attack should take place committed by Alpha or Bravo, it would be in a guerilla style, and certainly not head to head(because then they would be slaughtered). Falling back is fine, just as long as they keep the signal flare so the backup knows where to go.

Well then it sounds like a good plan.

***Remember Members***

The better and the more in detail you explain a plan you will get promoted faster.
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

So, when will we learn the conclusion of the conflict?

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

ooooohhhh...

then the people who are wounded go back to base once they are well away from enemies

i keep my other men with the humvee as well instead of going down the road

i also blow the damage humvees to hell and back(by the way, do the humvees have any mounted armanent?)

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

The conclusion of this Scenario will be posted on 3/04/2010
and a new one will be created.

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

i also blow the damage humvees to hell and back(by the way, do the humvees have any mounted armanent?)

Yes a 50 cal. but the only one that works is on the non damaged humvee, the other ones could be fixed by an engineer.
rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

yah i stick with my plan to return to base( i am being very careful, if enemies come close, we hide, if they see us, we fight)

Showing 16-30 of 170