ForumsForum GamesBattle Strategy Club

170 22863
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

It's time for battle! Do you have what it takes to make a good plan to survive a real life like simulated battle? The Battle Strategy Club will create many real like battle situations where you put yourself in the shoes of a soldier in that situation. Like the survival clubs on AG, in this club, members will have to make a plan for each part of the scenario that would keep them alive. At the beginning of each scenario you will be given,
-Time and location
-Equipment and other personal you have with you
-Info about the enemy
-Important info about elements that affect your decisions
-The goal to achieve victory
Before you start participating in the club you must enlist with the WarGeneral. As members complete scenarios they will move up in rank.
Let the battle begin!

Scenario #1 3/2/2010

Time- Day 4:30pm
Location- Iraq desert between mountain range
Conditions- Sunny, temp 80, wind 40mph north
Personal- 12 soldiers total, 1 medic, 1 engineer, 10 infantry
Equipment- 3 humvee's, 2 are damaged, every soldier has one water jug,flare,basic uniform, and 25 mile cb radio, infantry has M4 with 2 extra clips, medic has med pac, engineer has basic tools to disarm explosives.

Part one- The convoy of the 3 humvee's with the 12 soldiers left camp Bravo and are traveling a back road that cuts through the montains to get to camp Delta, which is 50 miles east of camp Bravo. At 4:30pm, 20 miles west of camp Bravo the convoy gets hit with a road side bomb destroying the first two humvee's. In the first Humvee, the driver and front pasenger get killed(infantry). The engineer and another infantry soldier get badly injured enough to not make them mobile. In the secound humvee, Two infantry soldiers get minor wounds, but are still mobile, the other two are fine. The medic and the other three infantry soldiers in the third humvee are fine.
The mountains block radio contact to either base until you are only 5 miles away from them. 10 miles to the south is a small village(pop 8000) were most residents are hostile towards you. The Intel claims there is a 10-20 man enemy unit on foot with ak47s the patrols the village every 2 hours. The residents in the village have radios that could reach the base and food. The road were the convoy was hit is patroled by a 10-20 man enemy unit with trucks and ak47s that go up and down the road at 30mph.

You are the squad leader(a infantry soldier). You need to recover the convoy from the bomb and then plan what to do befor night hits(7:30pm).

• 170 Replies
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

yah i stick with my plan to return to base( i am being very careful, if enemies come close, we hide, if they see us, we fight)

Are you planning on doing all your movement at night?
Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

If you were to go down the road back to camp you would be going slow because you would be searching and possibly diffusing other bombs. The 10-20 man enemy patrol would most likely catch up to you and kill everyone. Other than that, not a bad plan.

Theres no way, the village is 10 miles away and we are on look out, but just in case, we would leave the humvee on the road arm everyone inside and me and four other guys would set an ambush, the two infantryman inside and the medic will start shooting the enemy as they draw near, (we would alert them via the radios) and then we would finish off the rest, killing all and make it back safely to camp.
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

Dang, I suck at modern-style tactics. Do midevil scenarios count at all?

This club will have battles that mainly take place from modern time to battles around 100 years age. (Guns no swords)
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

Scenario #2 (Jungle Crash) 3/4/2010

Part 1 of 3

Time- Day 10:30AM
Location- North Korea Jungle
Conditions- Sunny, Temp 70, wind 0, lots of vegitation, many deep swamps
Personal- 5 Special forces soldiers total, Captain, Medic, Engineer, 2 Heavy gunners.
Equipment- Every soldier has tactical knife, water jug, basic uniform, small amount of food. Capt,med,engineer have a M16 with 5 extra clips. Heavy gunners have 50 cals. Medic has advanced med kit. Engineer has advanced kit(can make claymores, landmines)

A helicopter with two pilots and five special forces sodiers are flying to save a POW being held in a gorilla camp (120-140 enemy soldiers)110 miles north of the boarder. The gorilla forces spot the chopper at 10 miles south of the camp and shoot the copper down. After the crash the two pilots were killed and one of the heavy gunners got a broken leg. The others were fine. Four gorilla quads are fast comming to the crash site and they are about 3 miles away. The boarder is to far away to walk across and you must save the POW. For part 1 you are the special forces captain and must come up with a plan to stay alive and reach the POW.

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

The helicopter your talking about has our squad in it right?

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

The helicopter your talking about has our squad in it right?

Yes
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

How long will it take for the 4 squads to reach our camp? I'll assume it'll take maybe 30-45 minutes?

I'll set the medic onto my heavy gunner to make him some sort of rough crutches, and get my engineer to place a few claymores around the crash site for the enemy squads to hopefully set a few off and destroy some of them (I have no idea how long claymores take to set up I'm assuming a few minutes) then after the crudely made crutches are set up and SOME of my claymores are set up (not all of them they might have a future use) then take off slightly north-east (I'm thinking camp is north of us setting off north east to skip the enemy squads). While I'm leaving I'll get my uninjured heavy gunner to scout ahead a little to check for swamps or enemy troops. If I meet a swamp I'll go around it if my scout meets a enemy patrol I'll give my wounded other heavy gunner an overdose of morphine and put him in plain view then get everyone else to hide as best as possible. (The reason I overdosed my heavy gunner and left him in plain view is so the enemy squad thinks we left him behind and went ahead, so I'm hoping they'll leave asap). I think my scout will be able to find a swamp before he's in it because he's a special force soldier and I'll make him take off all his heavy equipment and give it to me, the medic, and the engineer so he won't be slowed down.

I think I'm successfull in avoiding the enemy squad and reaching the POW camp. I'm also willing to risk another cart martial and perhaps a demotion cuase they'll understand that it was for our safety and strategy.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

before we abondon the copter, we place mines around it( to blow the quads when they come), then we go west 2 miles then entrench ourselves until night fall( while were waiting, i have the medis fix up the broken leg as well as possible). nightfall: we continue our trip to the camp. we dont attack until we find the tent the POW is in, even then we are still being cautious. we quietly knife the guards holding the pow and run off with him

when are we getting the results for the other mission?

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

Are you planning on doing all your movement at night?

yes i am
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

PanzerTank- Not a bad plan. The injured heavy gunner would most likely be killed. Saving the POW at night would be not as much as a risk. You get sucess credit for the plan so you are half way to the next promotion

rick073- Good plan. I am promoting you to private first class.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

yays!

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

when are we getting the results for the other mission?

Scenario #1 Results

If you tried to travel on the road you would run into the large enemy squad on trucks, and would not stand a chance in a gun battle. The village was hostile so that would not have worked out well. The best solution was to drive working humvee right of the road to hide it with the injured. Sending a few infnatry men to walk back to base at night of the road was the best solutuion. Then chopper could have picked up the injured at the humvee.
rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

oh

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

we dont attack until we find the tent the POW is in, even then we are still being cautious. we quietly knife the guards holding the pow and run off with him

I wouldn't attack the camp or the quards cuz theres 120-140 enemies in it while we have 4 fit people to go in the camp I think someone will find out that the guards or missing or killed so I think in the end you'll be taken as a POW or butchered.

I'm waiting for the next part of this scenario because we were just supposed to get to the POW camp correct. That's all were supposed to do till next part of scenario?
1,855 posts
Nomad

Okay. So what's the next battle?

Showing 31-45 of 170