ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Necro] Nothing on Book Writing?! :o

153 57573
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I noticed things on poetry and art. BUT NOT BOOKS?!?!?!?! What is society coming to?! Well then. If there are any short stories or anything you wanna put on here, POST IT. If there is an actual BOOK like a few hundred pages, go to inkpop.com and post it there. Here you can also pop a few book ideas around and share it with whoever actually decides to read and it and or comment. Alright! Ta-Ta For Now! - Mitsuki/ MoonFairy

• 153 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

LOL congrats MoonFairy you can quote *trumpets blare*

Thats right I can. And yes that counts. I have been ther before ~pats on back~ You just need to sit down, write down what you want to happen, Then write the characters names and qualities down, and you can probably make something of that. Thats what helped me out, but we are all different
:P
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

We could have a book writing contest, and the winner could receive 10 merits.

Every other entrant will receive at least 1, because books take forever to write.

Also, how do you post a book in a forum?

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Oh no thats not the problem, I can write the characters fine, its the fact that I run into these blocks that are nigh impenetrable thats the problem.

@DrElmer It wouldn't work like that we'd have to post them independently on something like ff.net or mediaminer then provide links because placing them on a forum would just cause too many problems.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I would LOVE to have a contest like that. But instead of an actual novel, why not a short story? Or people could vote on which story idea has the most potential to become and actual book? And Kyo (ima call u that rather than type ur entire name XD) you just pointed one out to me, so I don't think I can help much there. But why not post your ideas here, like I did mine on your profile, and every1 can look at it and tell you what would be questionable. Like how you did on my profile.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

and the winner could receive 10 merits.

THATS ALOT OF MERITS. And it would be good, except who would read the ENTIRE book by a certain deadline. There could only be oh so many entries. What if there were like 10 people with 300 page books. Would you like to judge it? XD
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I can't remember anybody else on this forum who is currently working on a novel other than myself.

So, so ignorant Strop. You talked me into NaNo and now I HAVE A FIFTY THOUSAND WORD MESS!

Well not quite a mess, its getting there...

What if there were like 10 people with 300 page books. Would you like to judge it? XD

It took me a month of abandoning life to write a 65 page book...
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Strop are you anywhere close to finishing it?

Last I checked I was stuck in the trap of rewriting the first part over and over again. And by "first part" I mean about the first 80000 words or so. So yeah I'm seriously working on it, but since I kept redeveloping the idea, that's why I'm writing the brief with all the characters and the themes and the plot outline and settings... After that I shouldn't have to rewrite anything until I get the whole darn thing done! But I have just about everything set out, ready to go.

because that little bit with the chai

I'll tell you now, I didn't mean chai tea!
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

@Kingryan, well still. Some people might post one reaaaalllllyyyyy long. That was hypothetically speaking.

And my sister Uses NaNo. She won some contest thing in november... Idk what it was for.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

So, so ignorant Strop. You talked me into NaNo and now I HAVE A FIFTY THOUSAND WORD MESS!

Well not quite a mess, its getting there...

Oh, so you actually worked on it after November? That's not awfully common :P

And seriously, if you're serious enough to post actual book excerpts etc. I would suggest joining an actual writing group. You'd get much better returns for your investment there.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Now I really want to know.

@Moon I'll think about it, it would almost definitely help.

And seriously, if you're serious enough to post actual book excerpts etc. I would suggest joining an actual writing group. You'd get much better returns for your investment there.

But writing groups look at it with an incredibly critical eye, something that most readers will not do, thats the kind of readers I think most of the people on this forum are. I know that personally when I read, I do it for the enjoyment of reading the story not so I can read it then complain about it for the next 3 months.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I really Do think we could actually have a CCool BIG thread, but I have no idea how to aproach that topic.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Oh, so you actually worked on it after November? That's not awfully common :P

I wanna get a reasonably good free proofcopy that makes sense. It is currently missing 10k words which I took out to make the plot flow better, and my plan of fixing it all up in the holidays faied. I think I blame Runescape for that...o.O

And my sister Uses NaNo. She won some contest thing in november... Idk what it was for.

You have a sister... ;D

The contest thing would have been NaNoWriMo, which to win you have to write a 50k word story in 30 days, well the month of November...

You just want to corrupt us Strop. Seriously you are starting to worry me...
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Uhm. I have 2 older sisters. One of them writes, but isn't that great. She is still stuck in teenage fantasy. And she Has a certificate showing she won a contest in november. It is posted on her door. T-T
@strop, TELL US WHAT STOPPED CHAI. Or we will have to do a wheel of fortune type thing.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

You have a sister... ;D

If you really are 16, they are way outta you league. :P One is 20 almost 21 and the other is 18 almost 19. The 20 year old met this blind dude (literaly) that she is interested in, and the 18 year old is dating a football player. GOOD LUCK.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

If you really are 16, they are way outta you league. :P One is 20 almost 21 and the other is 18 almost 19. The 20 year old met this blind dude (literaly) that she is interested in, and the 18 year old is dating a football player. GOOD LUCK.

Nah it's ok, I'm not interested. Coz I'm taken. =P

And she Has a certificate showing she won a contest in november.

Dunno where my certificate went...
Showing 31-45 of 153