ForumsArt, Music, and WritingA.G.S. Explore [p.24]

432 77638
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Thoad the toad, the green-clad zombie slayer, the epidimy (sp?) of stupidity, was sitting in his room one day. His condo was still getting worse and worse by the day. "I wish my rank was better, maybe there wouldn't be a mold problem now... oh well, not as bad as the slums though." Thoad sat on a small wooden stool, and looked at the walls, the wallpaper peeling off.
Suddenly, he had an idea. A marvelous idea. He got up with a wide smile, happy, energetic symphonic music in his mind. He ran to his window and shoved it open. He yelled out at the populace: "ARMORGAMES. I AM GOING TO EXPLORE THE LAND WITH A CREW. JUST YOU SEE, WE'LL HAVE OUTPOSTS EVERYWHERE!," after a few seconds, he pointed his finger at the moon, still in the sky. "MY SHIP WILL BE.... THE A.G.S. EXPLORE!"
He brought up a sheet of parchment and wrote a shotty flier.
<image pending>
(Thoad wants YOU, to be apart of the Exploration team. See <insert adress here> on wednsday to see what the job entitles and what you can do, for your sity (OOC: Get it? Site? City? Sity?)!)
He copied it and pasted it onto several other pieces of paper and threw them out the window, since there was a breeze. On a single piece of parchment there was another footnote. "You have been chosen to be my 2nd in command! Bring this flier to me and you'll be able to do everythign I could do, if I'm not there!"
"FOR ADVENTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE" Thoad yelled once more out the window. Someone finally looked up at him, put his hands out, and simply said: "Dude, wtf?"

First off, I'd like to let you all know to e-mail AGSexplore@yahoo.com instead of my own e-mail. My co-host (when announced) will be given the password to the e-mail.

The entry organization-things will be similar to the WoM. You'll e-mail the e-mail and upon response, you'll be told if you can post it on the main thread or not.

• 432 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I'd wear it. But I wouldn't buy it. Classy green or brown is my type of color.

By "Coat", I meant his fur.

He would look adorable in a sky blue fur-coat~
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

that last comment could come across gay... > > and thoad, i added you for your hotmail thingie with thoadthetoad@yahoo.com, is it the wrong one?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Oh, for the AIM?

Just put in thoadthetoad, and you'll find me online right about now.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

thought you had windows live messenger..?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I have that too, but I prefer AIM.

buenothebear
buenothebear
261 posts
Nomad

that makes you as old as me, and you are WAY too adorable character wise to be that old.. XD

REMEMBERREMEMBER DUURRRRRR. Bear years I think are possibly less than Human years. Or I'm just incredibly short and immature. Lol.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

IF EVERYONE GETS THEIR ENTRY IN EARLY, THE NEW ROUND WILL BE POSTED EARLY.

Darn, I can't work on my entry this morning... So I'll just think of some stuff to write in for tonight.
Nah, you're not the teddy bear Ulimited.

Good

Do you mind if I add my random gnome jokes into the story? Or maybe not...
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Got the go ahead to post my round 2, it's a little long, so bear with me.

"Alright then," I said, receiving a nod, and made my way in the opposite direction of the podium to the mainmast and proceeded to climb up it with expert ease "I hope you don't mind me speaking from up here, I've always felt more comfortable up high where the wind could reach me." I said, taking off my hat so it wouldn't be blown away.

"You called us to make an introduction because of the lack of camaraderie indicated by our silence , I, at least have an excuse for it: sailors are a remarkably superstitious bunch, and, try as I did, I wasn't impervious to their influences while I was at sea. Sailor superstitions range from purposefully not learning to swim out of fear that the sea will devour all that try to will against her -don't worry, I am an excellent swimmer, or I would not be an officer-, to 'this'. 'This', of course being why I chose not to talk. Think of it like a casting director telling one of his actors to 'break a leg', it is simply bad luck to say good luck. Sailors do not generally engage each other in joyous or cheerful conversation until evening mess out of fear that, in acting too merrily at the beginning, they have doomed the voyage to misery at the end.

If this is true, I applaud every one of you, for blessing our voyage, even be it without your knowledge!" *Claps for a few seconds*

"But enough of sailor lore, I was called up here for a reason, and that is for you to get to know me better. Most of you might already know me, some of you might even consider me a friend, but there is much that you must know about how I came to be myself if you are to truly know me as Thoad wishes," I begin after clearing my throat. "So we should start at the beginn-" I stop suddenly, upon hearing groans from the peanut gallery. "Hey! It's completely relevant and surprisingly short, as I can't even remember most of it! So lock it up!" I say in my best command voice, and hearing again the blessed sound of silence, I begin my tale:

"The first thing that I can remember is a farm. I don't know if I was born there, but I do know that it was there that I was raised. Then I remember being sent to school, I naturally didn't want to go, I wanted to stay with my parents, who else would take care of them? But It was useless to resist, they knew that it was going to be my only way out of our social class.

That school... Some of the worst years of my life, but also the most rewarding. I learned so much, not only of the sciences and my areas of specialization, architecture and mechanical engineering, but of people as well. I grew to despise most of them, I saw them as the greedy self important scum that they were, and they hated me for it. I learned to do without them, though, and that is the most important thing.

The next thing... Wow," I whispered," I never thought I would share this with anyone... I saw my parents die." I finally let the words out, my voice cracking slightly. "I was visiting them on a vacation from school and they asked me to put the pigs back in, so I left to do so... And... The house burnt down while they were still inside. All that I could dig out of the wreckage was my great-grandfather's compass. Shortly after that, when I finally fell asleep, I heard voices all around me, then... Then there was nothing.

The next thing that I remember was waking up in a field about... Four years ago, two years after the incident. I was wearing some strange jacket and had this sword *I gesture to the weapon on my hip* laying next to me with a note. I don't know what language it's written in, it looks like some type of runic, and if any of you would like to help me decipher it, it would be much appreciated.

I haven't had many adventures, all that I can really say is that I wandered the Internet quite a bit in the last four years, collecting knowledge of all kinds. I even came passing through AG a few times when it was just a small sitelement with the name of Games of Gondor, then even more so as it became the sity we know today.

I am here to try and rediscover myself, I have suffered greatly recently, and need to move beyond self pity and find a new cause, and this is a worthy one.
This is getting beside the point, however. What you should know of me is this: My knowledge, mind, and blades are forever at your disposal, ask of me and I shall aid you as best as I am able.
As I believe every point unmade is worth making, I also believe every good cause is worth dying for, and know, that if need be, I would die serving each one of you.

Oh, and Bueno" I say sliding down the mast, but catching a knot in the wood "oh f**k!" and hit the deck from halfway up. "Well that hurt." I said stretching my voice slightly "I'm gonna have to sand that knot down. Back to business," I begin again, staggering up, everyone still slightly shocked from my fall, as none came to my aid. "Bueno, I've seen and heard how several members of the crew are talking about you, as I'm sure you have. If there is any more of this talk of eating you, just come to me and I'm sure I can straighten everything out."

buenothebear
buenothebear
261 posts
Nomad

Woah. Much longer than mine. I really liked your detail and such. ^^

"Bueno, I've seen and heard how several members of the crew are talking about you, as I'm sure you have. If there is any more of this talk of eating you, just come to me and I'm sure I can straighten everything out."

Awesome. You're my new best friend. :3
manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

Just an question, does it have to be written?

buenothebear
buenothebear
261 posts
Nomad

I asked Thoad if it could be a comic, and he said it was fine, as long as it's sent by eMail.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

This is a short entry... so yeah. READ IT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After Moon finished her intro, 1337 noticed that nobody else was going up to the podium so to be brave he went up there.
"Testing, testing," he said into the microphone, "Okay. Hello. My name is ****** (censored because no one can know his true name) but you can call me 1337. I am 15 (for story purposes), Asian, I know the ancient ways of the ninja, I have a scythe, and I like to write about my journeys and adventures."
"Tell us about your adventures!" every shouted.
"Um, alright," everything got dark, "My master, had a mission for me. That mission was to go to the piths of Hell and retrieve the stone. The Stone of... CHICKEN."
They gasped.
"Yes. The Stone of Chicken could make any chicken product appear in your hands. And so, I had to battle the strong and skilled Nil, whoever he is. Seriously I don't know who he is. And so I was about to finish him when he said, 'Here, take the stone.' I was surprised. But I took the stone and fled deciding to spare his life. But anyway," The sky lightened, "What do I hope to gain from this trip? I hope to gain the feeling of power when I kill a monster with my scythe," the boat was silent, "Well, that's it," and 1337 vanished. Then reappeared next to Thoad, "You know I was just kidding about the last part, right?"
"Yeah sure," he said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay... yeah...

buenothebear
buenothebear
261 posts
Nomad

piths of Hell

NOOOOO!!!!!!!! SPELLING ERROR 404!!!! 404!!!!!!!

Haha, just kidding. ^^ Cool introductory. I wish I could teleport/vanish. :m
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Stone of Chicken... I would want it... Free eggs and nuggets for all!

And you should already have a feeling of power whenever you kill anything, you are exerting your will over it, and the decision between life and death is the most powerful one any person is able to make.

Especially when it's with your bare hands as I'm wont to. >:]

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

And you should already have a feeling of power whenever you kill anything, you are exerting your will over it, and the decision between life and death is the most powerful one any person is able to make.

Well, exactly, right when you stab your scythe/sword/dagger in the body at that moment you will feel power. >
Showing 166-180 of 432