ForumsWEPRHow are you helping the enviroment?

68 11584
squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

finally using that old rusted recycling bin?

or maybe not drinking out of plastic bottles?

Living in a cave?

Going on strike?

Are you extreme or not?

• 68 Replies
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I use the poland spring bottles that use less plastic ^_^

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

Not eating meat, Reclying, using a canteen, walking instead of getting rides, 2min showers without hot water, those little twerily light bulbs the eco freindly one, Not Eating Meat, i do lots of stuff and many others can as well !

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Not eating meat isnt really that ecofriendly, i mean it doesnt kill animals but other than that

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

I spray my aerosol can at the sky saying "Daddy likes it HOT!"

... No, seriously. I do absolutely nothing. Why should I? No one else does.

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

Yay apathy!

I garden my own veggies for the summer, and I recycle (I get a $7 credit on my utilities for this!). I have lots of hair, so a 2 min shower is not possible :S I take the bus to school, ride my bike when it's warm, and try not to use too much electricity to heat my house or keep it bright. But, I do some of these things because they also SAVE ME MONEY. So if no one else is clever enough to act thrifty, then their loss.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

I walk EVErYWHERE

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I just read a few days ago that eating a hamburger was worse on the environment than driving your car for a day.

(I'll go find the source)

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

It isn't necessarily the actually hamburger, it's the process in making it and like Switch pointed out how much methane they release.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Yes, because hamburgers have weird things in them like food coloring and aluminum. A regular, non-treated steak will not hurt the environment

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

I spray my aerosol can at the sky saying "Daddy likes it HOT!"
... No, seriously. I do absolutely nothing. Why should I? No one else does.

First line.. LMAO.

Second, Just caz no one else does it doesn't mean you shouldn't.

Most of it, My family does for money. I have a recycling bin near where I study and the computer desk, so I just throw paper in there.

We buy those annoying 6$ Lightbulbs that eventually save you 145 Dollars over their lifetime.

And... I don't eat hamburgersers, so whatever. xP

Lastly. ... Umm... Er.. >.> I throw my trash away. Littering sucks
All i could think of :P [I do more than others, though]

I do take long showers, but I think I make up for it because I always make sure I set the heater and cooler off and on in the morning. Since, I always try to help my parents keep the heating bill low, and usually in the morning and kinda darkish but still lightish times we leave the lights off. Until we really need 'em. [The sun does the rest in the meantime]

I talked to my dad about getting a solar roof when I was litteler, he was like "Yeah, give me a million dollars, I'll get you one" I was like "Crap ><"

Anyway, I don't know WHERE your going with the hamburger.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Well I take long showers and I mean long! And well I recycle...sort of....

squidlidink
squidlidink
479 posts
Farmer

gee thanks everybody for responding to my topic!
: )

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

No problem!!!

Oh and I think I don't help the enviroment much, lol....heheeh....

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

I....well....I 'live life to it's fullest' as some poeple might say...I don't conserve the invironment quite as much as some people do

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

isn't necessarily the actually hamburger, it's the process in making it and like Switch pointed out how much methane they release.

Exactly my point, Ash. Its not the eating the animal that causes enviroment problems. If you eat a chicken leg, youre not killing the environment

Showing 1-15 of 68