ForumsWEPRBuilding a Mosque at Ground Zero

344 57267
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

What do you think about this? I feel that it should not be built at ground zero because I find that extremely disrespectful to the families and victims of that infamous day.

• 344 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

They dont necessarily have to be shooting and blowing stuff up to be extremists. They try to push their religion and wipe out others.

As do Christians?
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Uh-huh, so Hiden... Heard about Missionaries? Guess what they do...

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

They're doing that by building the mosque next to ground zero. And Avorne, where exactly did you get that number? Bin laden?

Oh bigotry how I love you...

You do realize that anything constructed, developed, refurbished, or anything that changes the face of New York City because of a contractor MUST have a permit from the city? It's not like they're building this out of some random urge to "force" religion on you. The CITY is allowing this to be built.

I mean this isn't the Spanish Inquisition, you know, that time where Christians in Spain decided it would be a good idea to burn down homes, confiscate property, burn books and people, because they were "Heretics". Gee how quick to forget your history
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Ah, the good ol' inquisition - how quick some people are to discount their religion's past as being 'a long time ago' - in the grand scheme of things it wasn't even a blink of an eye. Also, where did you get your stupidity from Hiden? Parents or Pastor - both seem to be detrimental to the lives of many people and neither of which must of taught you to be civil and tolerant and not a zealous douchebag.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

muslims build mosques where they have conquered.

I'm sorry I missed this bit of bigotry.

You know who also builds churches where they conquer? Christians. They did that a lot in Africa, oh those European colonists...

I find it EXTREMELY disrespectful to ALL of America to build a mosque right there, where MUSLIMS, and no, im not being racist

I find your ignorance extremely disrespectful, but alas I can't help that, stupidity is not a disease I can easily cure. And you're right, you're not being racist because Muslim is not a race. Muslims are just people who believe in Islam.

it actually happened, killed thousands of americans because they think 'Allah' wants them to.

Bad? Yes. A reason why an Islamic COMMUNITY CENTER shouldn't be built? No.

yes, they do follow islam, in fact, in the koran, it says to kill people who aren't muslim

Yay! You got something right...partly. You see the Koran has a set of steps to deal with infidels. Jihad (Holy War) is step three. The first two steps are rather passive.

And just for kicks I'm wondering why everyone is surprised by this tension between Christianity and Muslims. I mean sure it was centuries ago, but you ever think that maybe the Crusades have an impact on today? I mean what did Christians do? Oh yeah they sacked Islamic holy land, but who cares right? The past doesn't affect the present or future...oh ignorance.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Pfft, some denominations of Christianity make people may a Tithe to the church - it's common amongst many religions.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Yes, the first two options are 1. make the person convert, and 2. make them pay a tax. Do you really wanna pay a tax for not being muslim. They have no right to do that.

*Looks at nearest church* AHH! CHRISTIAN EXTREMIST GETTING TAX EXEMPT FOR BEING A CHURCHES, THUS MAKING BE PAY TAXES FOR NOT BEING IN THERE RELIGION, TRYING TO CONVERT PEOPLE! TO THE BUNKERS!

Sorry for the all caps, I was in character...
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

funny thing about the inquisition... IT HAPPENED HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO, you cant compare it to anything right now

You want to bet? Do you know what the whole point of the Inquisition was? Religious opression. Do you know what Americans are doing to those of Islamic faith? That's right, opressing their beliefs. Sure the methods are different but the goal is the same.

Slavery was totally normal a few hundred years ago, its not now

It has never been the "norm" to supress one's beliefs. Your arguement has no grounds.

And missionairies aren't lying

The lack of a god proves otherwise.

In the koran it tells them to lie if it means spreading their religion

Quote me that line word for word and THEN I'll take you seriously.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I have a copy of the Koran on my computer, ill gladly give it to you

I;d rather you give me that line word for word.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I have a copy of the Koran on my computer, ill gladly give it to you

So do I, what quote are you looking for again?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Something about Muslims lying in order to spread their religion

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Nope, none of that there from what I can tell. It was kind of hard though, the word "lie" is in "believe", which is used often in the cruelty section, the word "spread" only came up to something about slanderers facing an "awful doom", and the words "lier" and "convert" were not used.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

In the koran it tells them to lie if it means spreading their religion

Have you ever read the Koran? Find me the passage that says that. Back up your argument.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Methinks that was a troll.

Why is this mosque such a huge issue? Muslims have been praying their for almost 2 years now, just because they decide to renovate half the world needs to have an opinion now? People of all races, and denominations were killed in attack on the twin towers. Yes, a majority of them were Christians, however this should not obscure the fact that many others died on that day.

The First Amendment guarantees everybody freedom to practice their religion. This did not change because extremists from one
religion orchestrated a terrorist attack. These radicals that all the western world is nothing more than a group of pompous bigots, by making so much fuss over this, are we not proving them right? Were it any other place of worship being built in that vicinity, no complaint would be heard, I doubt anyone would've even known about it.

Jaloni
Jaloni
1 posts
Nomad

Not all Muslims are terrorists. The 1st amendment allows freedom of religion. Denying the mosque is unconstitutional.

Showing 316-330 of 344