ForumsWEPRBuilding a Mosque at Ground Zero

344 57265
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

What do you think about this? I feel that it should not be built at ground zero because I find that extremely disrespectful to the families and victims of that infamous day.

• 344 Replies
ALUKARD1
ALUKARD1
786 posts
Nomad

Sound like a good idea to me.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

As wolf said where's your source? Perhaps its being built as a way for normal Muslims to apologize for the acts of radical terrorists but I'm not sure about it.

Either way your response should be better than "good idea" or "bad idea".

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Its either a way to apologize, or a way to claim victory.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Did a quick but of research.

The mosque is a couple blocks away, in an apartment building, on the top floor. I see absolutley no problem with this.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Oh so you know not at ground zero... go figure.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Hurrah for conservative talk show hosts twisting information so to send the views of the masses askew.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

@Holden you can Google it for a bunch of news results I'm currently on my phone and I don't feel like posting a link. It is real though, at least they're building a mosque within a mile radius.

@Wolf *cough* yes.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Oh Jeebus, when will the poison and lies stop?

Seriously, Grond Zero is a zoned constrction site for the Liberty Tower now. The mosque is far away, and not allowing it would be a huge blow to the relgiious freedom of the USA.

Veobahamut
Veobahamut
887 posts
Nomad

It would be hilarious if they made a memorial to the terrorists who died.

Veobahamut
Veobahamut
887 posts
Nomad

[quote]No it would not.[quote]

Dude the right wing news channels would be going crazy, people would be doing/saying stupid things, I'd find it funny.

MisterGovernor
MisterGovernor
74 posts
Nomad

I don't see a freaking problem, honestly. I get that most Americans can only conjure up visions of crazy guys with automatic weapons wearing turbans as what Muslims are like. That's all the media has portrayed them as. But really, I don't think that would happen. I think most muslims are trying to clean up the stereotypes about them. At least the ones I know.

DarkestNite
DarkestNite
166 posts
Nomad

ahem... I am a Muslim.

it is true... http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-july-7-2010/wish-you-weren-t-here

I would like to point out:
Muslims are not terrorists.

King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella drove the muslims out of spain and forced everybody to embrace Catholic Christianity (or be killed), and promoted the exquisite Christian tortures of the Inquisition.
Under muslim rule, Jews and Christians are welcomed to practice their religion and they generally flourished from spain to iraq. On the other hand, untill recent times, Christian intolerance prevailed throughout Europe.

Islam comes from the arabic root word 'salama' meaning 'eace'. Muslims do not approve violence.

Please watch this video:
http://english.islamway.com/flashpage.php?id=10&cat=2&file_name=ever_wonder&width=550&hight=400

DarkestNite
DarkestNite
166 posts
Nomad

sorry... cant get the second link to link... :/

SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

DarkestNite I know exactly what you mean. I am a Turk and I am (supposed to be) Muslim. Even though I don't believe in Allah it is disturbing that people stereotype Muslims to be Terrorists, very sad.

Go Science

DarkestNite
DarkestNite
166 posts
Nomad

I agree... too much media kills the world...

Showing 1-15 of 344