what is a pokemon that was a pain in the... whatever
that was hard to catch
Shiny is not counted

• 116 Replies
ShiitakeWarrior
ShiitakeWarrior
7 posts
Farmer

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Beldum (swarm in Route 228) in a Poké Ball.

It has a base catch rate of 3/255, making it the toughest non-legendary Pokémon to catch. (As stubborn as most legendaries, as a matter of fact.) To make matters worse, it only knows Take Down, and the area in which it can (sometimes) be found swarming is subject to a constant Sandstorm.

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

ANY pokemon that runs around in the wild and needs to be tracked down.

Such as the legendary beasts: Raikou, Suicine, Entei

RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

Those 3 were easy to catch in gold.

The one I had the most problems with was abra, if you didnt do anything by the 2nd turn he would just use that damn teleport.

tnymeh
tnymeh
178 posts
Nomad

I always thought the 'rare' Pokemon in the safaris were difficult to catch. Like Pikachu.

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

It was a bitch to catch Kengashkan in the original...

Eh, why catch Pikachu in the Sarari zones...every game has an easier way to get him

Peek
Peek
120 posts
Nomad

ANY pokemon that runs around in the wild and needs to be tracked down.

Yep. The legendary hamsters from Johto are always dang hard to catch.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Beldum (swarm in Route 228) in a Poke Ball.
I guess that's true; however, beldum is very easy to catch in RSE.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Feebas! It's only on six spaces of water (In RSE) and the "trendy phrase" resets the tiles (The specific phrase does *not* define the specific tile; new phrases just change the tiles). In DPPt, it's only on four tiles on Mt. Coronet.

Also, Skarmory in RSE. I could never catch that dang thing. I wanted to use it as a tank and such. Y'know, skarmory; physical wall..

The one I had the most problems with was abra,

Really? With Abra all I do is chuck the best ball I have on the first turn. Also, it's available in the game corner in FRLG.
cingcon
cingcon
152 posts
Nomad

uh i agree feebas is hard. i havent had the time to do it. mewtwo was freakin hard for me cuz i didnt want to use my master ball. i went in with 60 ultra balls and caught him with my last one. it was epic

StepOnABaby
StepOnABaby
583 posts
Nomad

hmm. That metal dragon thing, forget what it was called.

SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

i bust out the master balls if gget pissed or dont feel like spamming ultra balls. One cool thing though was on FireRed version i caught Lugia with 1 Ultra ball. First time i ever caught legendary with one ball. (without using master balls)

shadow_stealth
shadow_stealth
119 posts
Nomad

Latias also is hard to catch in ruby version... it pisses me off...

W1GHT
W1GHT
39 posts
Nomad

Zapdos was the hardest ever for me. On my fire red I had an epic moment though. I hadn't saved for 2 hours of gameplay and I was at zapdos in the power plant. I had him in red health and asleep with my venusaur, and I had ran out of ultra balls. I caught it with my final ball: a regular poke ball. It was epic.

hawkeye
hawkeye
243 posts
Nomad

i know someone caught a shiny beldum he's giving it to my brother

doz27
doz27
52 posts
Nomad

yeah latias is hard to catch

darkthorn09
darkthorn09
69 posts
Nomad

uuuhhh that would be mew.. DUH!

700lo
700lo
3 posts
Nomad

for me its latios/as and feebas, i mean the lati just flee when its his/her turn, you have to have a pokemon that knows block or arena trap or something, never catched it dough.
when i serched for feebas, it took me like 2 hours untill i realised i was at the wrong route, anyway its like imposible.
milotic(feebas evulotion) is weird...
because you have to give feebas pokeblocks over lvl 23 that raises beuty, and keep on like that untill beuty is full, and then raise a lvl.
waste of time?

Showing 1-15 of 116