ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106890
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

Yay, uninformed, ignorant Bigot let's us in to his almighty resevoir of knowledge! AIDs is spread by any sexual activity, not just homosexual activity. Three cheers for the ignorant Bigot! Hip-hip, Hooray!

Kasic you're an embarrassment. Are you so stupid as not to realize that homosexuals as a minority spread more aids than straight people? Delossantos was simply addressing 314d1's ridiculous claim that homosexuality doesn't affect STD's. So just stop using your stupid loud words like 'bigot' and 'ignorant' and just debate.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

....I am missing the point of this. Why does it matter that male and female pares (Ignoring asexual reproduction since you seem to be referring to humans)can create a children? And why does it matter that it goes against the normal thing?

science says that's what we're evolved and specialized to do. It is morphologically correct.

...HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH....Many cultures had polygamy, including many biblical figures in the case your are a Jebuz nut. May I ask you to name the cultures that had monogamy?

let me rewrite that. only ever having been with virgins who have never done anything and don't have disease will only effect a disease if you contract it by some other means of contact. ...thus it would be better than having orgies with multiple people who have had orgies with other people who have had orgies.

...Since when? I can't think if an STD on the top of my head that is easily treatable by any standards. And as previously stated, polygamy was far more abundant back then then it is now further disproving your hypothesis.

polygamy not in the form of marriage, but in the form of number of sexual partners. I have male and female friends that have had dozens or more partners.

syphilis can be treated w/ a single dose of penicillin in some cases. google it.

other bacterial related diseases are now more manageable

we had a thread up sometime recently about a man being cured of aids.

So you are not, but you are. When you say "I'm not going to" and then "But" just stop there, since you are lying.

oh you... :] you're so good w/ twisting words. I didn't say all homosexuals have orgies. I just said I know of one who advocated a positive position for them that frequents this forum. An individual from a controversial group advocating a controversial subject only furthers stereotypes. Mine was not the position of saying what I believe. I was defining what other people believe and what it is that causes these thoughts. ...somewhat like a homosexual pedophile would make everyone that's not homosexual think that all homosexuals are pedophiles.

...HAHAHAH....No. They just wanted to control people's sex life. Have sex outside of marriage? Stoned. Have sex before you are married? Stoned. Two men have sex? Stoned. Masturbate? God smites that one guy apparently in your mythology, so it is bad. So if this theory is correct, then why would they consider masturbation bad?

are you talking about that one guy that wouldn't impregnate his dead brother's wife? I thought it was customary that a brother takes care of his dead brother's wife and gives her a child to carry his brother's family name if his brother never had a kid. the guy kept pulling out b/c he didn't want to have any kid for his brother even tho I think his deity might've told him to do so.

Isn't that a common misinterpretation? the whole "its better for your seed to lie in the belly of a ***** than it is for it to land on the ground?" or maybe you speak of a different person who gratified himself w/o the help of another. ...although its probably addessed outside that story too somewhere... don't remember.

[quote] Now in the present day we understand things better and can in fact fix a lot of the problems that arise. ...and thus its your prerogative to partake in such things. I generally don't care what you do... just tell me if you have a disease should the need to tell me such a thing arise (it could be a number of things... not just the obvious). so whoever wants to get married let them. its not like a lot of straight people nowadays don't spread all kinds of nastiness around.

Why are you still making a connection between homosexuals and STD's? Seriously, there is no connection there.[/quote]

nothing about my paragraph said anything about homosexuals. I said the threat of stds are lessened b/c we can treat them better. I also said now that we are more aware of how things actually work there is no need for stereotypes and myths as they have all been dispelled...and the "warn me" statement was a general one for anyone male or female. If I become a doctor one day I'd like to know if my patient has hepatitis if they come into my clinic/er all bloodied up. Another example... I wouldn't want someone telling me I was their first person to be with when they've in fact been with 20 other people and have had &quotenicillin shots" before.

my overall point was that in a world that knew not how things worked, people who had sex with a lot of people who also have had sex with a lot of people could spread sicknesses that were untreatable at that time.

What "Lifestyle"? Homosexuality? Nope, they are the same as normal relationships. Polygamy? Nope, they are the same as normal relationships, except the male is typically dominant and has a ton of wives, not having sex outside of marriage. I don't see what you are getting this from at all.

having sex with lots of people who have had sex with lots of people who have had sex with lots of people. I didn't say homosexual anywhere in the quoted text you were referring to.

So you have a problem with sex? Why? And as stated, homosexuality doesn't effect STDs, so I don't really get white you are getting at.

I don't have a problem with sex itself. I just have a problem with people not telling people what they have. ...and if you &quotartake in the forbidden fruit" of having lots of sex with lots of people then you could contract something that may not really affect you before you spread it around to other people. Homosexuals do not effect stds... the bodily fluids involved might just transfer them. The myth that can get spread is that all homosexuals have wild orgies all of the time b/c of the few that do b/c they're a controversial group... and in their misunderstanding of the people others might believe it. I was discussing a myth. Not my actual belief.

Didn't a lot of these old civilizations you quoted also value virginal women? ...so they wanted people to not have sex outside of marriage. and even if the rules/punishments were a little more lax on men didn't they still want them married first? ...so sex w/in marriage w/o any outside input (exept more wives/husbands maybe (some women share brothers in places where there are few women) would keep them from contracting something (unless they picked it up via contact on an open wound or something)

I was saying that there is some merit to being wary of some sexual taboos. just not all of them.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Around 48% of all people diagnosed with AIDS in America in 2007 were probably exposed to HIV through male-to-male sexual contact.1

Notice: Probably.

Delossantos was simply addressing 314d1's ridiculous claim that homosexuality doesn't affect STD's.

This part of it yes.

condoms are the way to go

This part, however, is just an attack.

you gays are the same. just shut up and quit spreading aids.

So yes, the above is what I was addressing. I do not recall stating that homosexuality is not spread more percentage wise between gay sex. Additionally, the way he stated his, er, &quotoint" makes it sound like they are the sole or vast majority contributing to it. Heterosexual people spread Aids too if they have it.

In the UK and USA especially, the percentage of young gay men who have been infected with HIV and the percentage with AIDS is much higher than other groups such as heterosexual people or children.

And these percentages are...?

Kasic you're an embarrassment.

I guess you don't know what exaggeration and sarcasm are.

science says that's what we're evolved and specialized to do. It is morphologically correct.

Then please explain why there is homosexuality in many different species if it's so incorrect.

we had a thread up sometime recently about a man being cured of aids.

Yeah but that wasn't exactly easy or short, or inexpensive or non-life threatening.

are you talking about that one guy that wouldn't impregnate his dead brother's wife? I thought it was customary that a brother takes care of his dead brother's wife and gives her a child to carry his brother's family name if his brother never had a kid. the guy kept pulling out b/c he didn't want to have any kid for his brother even tho I think his deity might've told him to do so.

Well you just completely changed the subject from doing anything outside what the church says is right and getting stoned, to impregnating dead brother's wives. I don't want to know how you got on that track.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Yes, and it was later deemed wrong. Just like banning gay marriage will be deemed wrong. Or at least I hope it will.

Hear hear.

I understand that the church my never accept it and i don't overly care. Just like it's an individual right to either accept or deny christ, it should be an individual choice to get married to the same gender, or not.
Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

So just stop using your stupid loud words like 'bigot' and 'ignorant' and just debate.

Why? He was the one giving actual research while the one they replied to was two word things like "Prove it" and "Doubt it". Wouldn't go as far as to say bigot, but they're definitely not even trying.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I understand that the church my never accept it and i don't overly care. Just like it's an individual right to either accept or deny christ, it should be an individual choice to get married to the same gender, or not.

Then why be a part of or support a system that is trying to impede that choice?
pk2015
pk2015
255 posts
Nomad

illegal. gays are gays. nothing to change about it. they keep whining? fine. im not going to do anything about it. there is my thought on it. moving on.

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

illegal. gays are gays. nothing to change about it. they keep whining? fine. im not going to do anything about it. there is my thought on it. moving on.

Interacial marriage: illegal. N*ggers are n*ggers. nothing to change about it. they keep whining? fine. im not going to do anything about it. there is my thought on it. moving on.

Sounds pretty cool, right?
If you can't say why you are against gay marriage then please shut up.
pk2015
pk2015
255 posts
Nomad

dude chill out. the reason for me is that it's just not right at all in my view. why? im not comfortable seeing 2 guys walking down the street holding hands, that's all.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Yeah, well, that same reasoning was probably used by people to defend their views condemning interracial marriages - if you're not uncomfortable with something then you don't have to do it or watch it. I mean, I'm asexual, you don't see me campaigning for a complete ban on public displays of affection or anything or looking to change the laws to make marriage illegal.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

A question, how do gays spread AIDS? They don't have sex with heterosexual people so it should be a homosexual only disease if it actually started there.

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

dude chill out. the reason for me is that it's just not right at all in my view. why? im not comfortable seeing 2 guys walking down the street holding hands, that's all.

Just because you're not comfortable seeing 2 guys kissing each other or whatever doesn't mean that you have to right to dictate how they must live. I could say that I'm not comfrotable seeing a black man and a white woman. Do I have the right to say that they mustn't marry?

They don't have sex with heterosexual people so it should be a homosexual only disease if it actually started there.

Bisexual people?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

A question, how do gays spread AIDS? They don't have sex with heterosexual people so it should be a homosexual only disease if it actually started there.

same way anyone else can. Do you need an explanation on the different ways STDs can be spread?

Interestingly enough before we had a better understanding of AIDS it was believed to be a homosexuals only disease. This was obviously proven false.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

im not comfortable seeing 2 guys walking down the street holding hands, that's all.

& two women?

AIDS can be spread through various measures including needles and genetics, not just homosexual sexual relations.
Showing 301-315 of 561