ForumsWEPRWhat do YOU think of SHOPS?

75 15038
Axel
Axel
475 posts
Nomad

Here it is! I want to know what you think if the SHOPS Organization. If you dont know what it is, Dont post here.

• 75 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Is it in the forums? Or a different website?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Ooooh never mind, I just saw your post on my profile. Sure I will join!

cykotic_gamer_
cykotic_gamer_
153 posts
Nomad

i think the idea is pretty good

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

If it helps cut down on spamming, which it seems to be doing, well I am all for it!

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

lol, looks like a very good idea

moneychoker
moneychoker
74 posts
Nomad

SHOPS is the bomb. (im in it ) as carlie said it reduces spamming!

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

I am cofused are only moderators allowed in "the SHOPS" because otherwise there isnt really a way to prevent spamming hacking(except reporting which is for made to maintain the community clean and not to gain popularity).If you arent all moderators why must you show everyone that your reporting posts and not do it like a model part of the community.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I agree with nqkoi here...

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

It was a group that they started, approved by Dan, to help cut down on spamming. It doesn't hurt anything, the only thing it does is get rid of some spammers.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

But how does it do that?Reporting?Or does it have the power to ban?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

No, they do not have the power to ban. Moderators do not even have the power to ban, just admins at this point. They find someone spamming, come up with the evidence for it, and then report it to Dan. Dan, in turn can ban them if he feels that have really spammed.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

All of the SHOPS members I have seen spam comments multiple times. Sadly, I must say that, in my opinion, SHOPS is just a a way to:
1) Gain more points
2) Attempt to cover up suspicions against spam
3) Chop down other spammers so they don't pass SHOPS members in the rankings
4) Sound good

I'm not happy with the recent top ten being overtaken with members whom do questionable things and do not follow the rules.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

Moderators cant ban?Odd well anyway this SHOPS thing is quite badly ran since some of its members are rulebreakers.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

They can't yet at least. But odds are if you are a moderator, the admins trust your judgment. So keeping in good communication with them about who should be banned works just as well.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

What can moderators do?Delete post,move and lock forums?Because if none if that is in the force of a moderator isnt his/her power as strong as a normal user.Because I also report spammer, but that doesnt make me a moderator.Also I saw in the FAQ that you can suggest yourself for moderator, but can I suggest another user?

Showing 1-15 of 75