ForumsWEPR[Necro] Does God exist?

697 244405
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

since there really s no topic on whether or not he really exists and created people i decided to make one

start debating... NOW!

• 697 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

readed psalms 23:1

nothing in there that can be considered as proof for god.
only david saying "The LORD is my shepherd" but how do you want to proof that god was davids shepherd?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

When it comes to religion I think this song just says it all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXssZ4L-i0g

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

I wouldn't define religion as brainwashing...
[besides you, Mage] - If it were brainwashing other Atheists wouldn't be able to explain how they de-washed themselves!

spartan210
spartan210
7 posts
Nomad

I do not believe in any God but I don't believe that all religion is bad or that all religion has done is hold back the world. The Christian churches have (almost) always looked out for the poor. The faith of Islam has brought us our current number system and beautiful buildings all around the world.Buddhism has brought meditation and peace. Hinduism... well, I'm not really sure about them... Great food?
My point is that all of the major religions have brought about important, positive changes to the world. Not all religion is bad folks.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

If it were brainwashing other Atheists wouldn't be able to explain how they de-washed themselves!

Yes, it's quite easy. You just apply a little thought, and it all drains out as an, "This doesn't add up." Notice that no one takes religion at face value, save the fanatics, who are even scorned by people who believe the same as they do, because, in comparison, those fanatics show just how crazy a religion is. The only reason that not every religious person is like that is because deep down you know it doens't make sense and modify it to fit how you see the world. Hence the 40,000 different branches of Christianity...
wil4813
wil4813
256 posts
Nomad

The Christian churches have (almost) always looked out for the poor.

This is true, but in most cases they do it for the wrong reason. The must be "saved" so they decide to try and help the poor. Its great and all but it bothers me that they do it no for the sake of helping out a fellow human but they do it for themselves.
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

If the thousands upon thousands of cells came together by chance it would be like a cyclone going through a junk yard and assembling a 747.
Therefore God does exist and in some way He created humans.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I do not believe in any God but I don't believe that all religion is bad or that all religion has done is hold back the world.

Many of the things you listed were either not the result of the religion or could have achieved without religion.

If the thousands upon thousands of cells came together by chance it would be like a cyclone going through a junk yard and assembling a 747.

No it wouldn't. The two are not at all comparable.
JsaKim
JsaKim
267 posts
Nomad

Branches of Christian and Jewish people believe in god like myself, which i am Catholic.

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

God is real i gotta back up called the bible

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

God is real i gotta back up called the bible

Magic, wizards and dragons are real I gotta back up called Harry Potter.

Orcs are real I gotta back-up called Lord of The Rings.

Your argument isn't really a very strong one.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Orcs are real I gotta back-up called Lord of The Rings.

Even better, there is the Silmarillion that is quite comparable to the bible, only less contradictory.
Bl1zzarddd
Bl1zzarddd
31 posts
Peasant

If he dont, i wouldnt be alive...
And how u dare to discus this, what a shame..

There is place for discus this, name Hell. w/e

-B

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Don't you think that God would prefer true, confident followers than stupidly following sheeps? And what is best to test your faith and harden it than to discuss the matter. And I doubt that anyone was ever sent to Hell for being curious, that would go against the principle of an all-loving god.

P.S., there are other ways of explaining why you are alive, that need no deity as assumption. You may want to give them a chance, you dont even have to abandon your faith in order to get educated.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Abiogenesis explains how life came into being and then Evolution takes care of the rest. Trust me, you would be alive, in fact - you are alive even though God doesn't exist. I'd much rather drag religions out into the light and call them out on the claims they makes than letting these religions grow fat and fester in the shadows and spread their greasy and diseased grip to more peoples minds with unproven and unsubstantiated claims that can change a persons entire outlook on life.

Could you please prove that Hell exists? I've heard the claim from hundreds of people but no one has ever been able to back up the existence of a Hell - the very idea of such a place would clash against the idea of a benevolent deity.
Showing 601-615 of 697