ForumsWEPRAntI-Jewish immigration by UK.

84 23038
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

So dudes I just now read this article that I found interesting.

S what do you think of the english doing that? Was it good? was it bad?
Do you not care? Post your reasons for supporting it or being against it down below.

• 84 Replies
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post but in the second line I meant to say so.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Many people did this. In fact almost every allied country after WWII did this. It is a terrible thing, yet it is not merely at the hands of the British.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Come on there must be someone else here with an opinion on this. I'm talking to you british people. You've seen the thread so go ahead and post on it.

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Stupid Brits, they should go sort their teeth out.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Stupid Brits, they should go sort their teeth out.

Aren't you from England?
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Yes. Well it was the rich, right-wing unnamed Americans fault so it's all good.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

UK thought: "Why more foreign people to my country? Just gonna cause more trouble!" any rich capitalist country would think the same. It's reality holt...

Dude they didn't want the jews to go to the middle east.
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Dude they didn't want the jews to go to the middle east.

Cos we owned most parts of it at the time.
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Cos we owned most parts of it at the time.

Well I think they did it so they wouldn't make the arabs angry.
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

(face-desk for myself) lol, that's the problem on not reading the whole essay.

I've done the same thing.
Paradoxymoron
Paradoxymoron
65 posts
Nomad

This isn't exactly news. Much of the post war anti Jewish operations have been popularised in film (see Exodus). This is merely getting down to the nitty gritty.

I don't think the British should be condemned for this either. As far as justified suppression goes, this is pretty high up there. Palestine was a British mandate at the time, the Jews living there had already caused the British government a massive headache and had formed various terrorist cells (one of which was headed by Ben Gurion). The already fragile relations between the Jews and Palestinians were being stretched by this (illegal under previous treatsies made between the Jews, Arabs and British) immigration.

Of course I have great sympathy for the Jews who wanted a homeland after the Holocaust, but that didn't give them the right to deprive another people of it, and since the conditions for immigration were not being fulfilled, the British were acting well within their rights to limit it and so further their strategic aims.

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

Of course I have great sympathy for the Jews who wanted a homeland after the Holocaust, but that didn't give them the right to deprive another people of it,

I agree. Its a messpot of old history and religion. I dont even know where to start looking.

U.K. still does things like wanting loan payment from poor African countries

I hate this country sometimes! Tho it has to be said, we arent the only country demanding this.
An article of interest about debt in Africa
Paradoxymoron
Paradoxymoron
65 posts
Nomad

I hate this country sometimes! Tho it has to be said, we arent the only country demanding this.

It should also be noted that we have the largest foreign aid budget apart from France in terms of % of GDP.

I agree. Its a messpot of old history and religion. I dont even know where to start looking.

Yea, not to start a whole Arab vs Jews debate, but without going into too much detail, I studied Palestine/Israel 1885-1967 and suffice to say, I am convinced the Jews were more to blame for the conflict. Also note that I was firmly on the pro Israel side before I began my studies. Seriusly, look at the way they behaved post WW1. If it wasn't so taboo to be anti Israel for fear of being called an anti semite in academic circles, I am convinced history would not have let them get off so lightly.
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

Also note that I was firmly on the pro Israel side before I began my studies

I know a few people who currently are and all they say as their argument is "yeah but the Palestinian terrorists are firing missiles and sending suicide bombers to kill innocent people." At this point I want to pull mine and their hair out in frustration.

I have to admit I boycott Israel in general and I know there are chunks of their population that disagree with what their country is doing.
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

I also firmly disagree with many things that country does and would like to see all American aid canceled to them.

Showing 1-15 of 84