ForumsWEPRAntI-Jewish immigration by UK.

84 23036
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

So dudes I just now read this article that I found interesting.

S what do you think of the english doing that? Was it good? was it bad?
Do you not care? Post your reasons for supporting it or being against it down below.

• 84 Replies
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

holt - you guys jumped in at the last minute and decided to declare that you had 'won'. We saved your arses on numerous occasions so don't forget it.

No you have never saved us and two why would we go out of our way to help you without a good reason.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Look - you joined the war in 1941. We'd been fighting for close to 3 years before you got off of your arses and did anything. That was only because of that little Pearl Harbor thing.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Look - you joined the war in 1941. We'd been fighting for close to 3 years before you got off of your arses and did anything. That was only because of that little Pearl Harbor thing.

We never had a reason to help you until pearl harbor.
ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

Leave America out of this. We saved your behinds in two world wars at least have a little respect.

Actually, America directly saved Britian's a**es. I do not believe they would have been able to hold off the Germans any longer had Americans not intervened in both wars.

However, had Britian surrendered and been conquered by the Germans, America would have been affected. Probably not conquered, but affected none the less.

you are the reason to all the world wars

There have only been two, and no, Britian has not been the reason for both of them. The first one was Austria and Germany being at variance over someone being assassinated, I believe, the second one being Adolf Hitler wanting to take over Europe, and probably the whole world.

I have taken a good amount of time in writing this, I hope I don't get Ninja'd too badly
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Like I said - you only got involved when it suited you. You didn't think "Perhaps we should help the allies fight the Nazi's" - you just sodding sat on your arses while plenty of good troops died.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Like I said - you only got involved when it suited you. You didn't think "Perhaps we should help the allies fight the Nazi's" - you just sodding sat on your arses while plenty of good troops died.

Why would we help you? Hitler was no direct threat to us. No what's funny even when we did help you are bitter towards us.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

We're bitter because you didn't help us until it suited you.

ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

America felt no need to intervene, Avorne. At the time we felt the need to stay out of other people's business, as we are certainly not doing at the moment. Once the problem spiraled out of control, with German subs sinking several American ships, America decided to join the fight.

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

I've got no problem America not joining the war late, It wasn't their war to fight, fair enough. But in no way did they cause Britain to win the war, so stop claiming victory for it. Brits should be more thankful to Hitler for being such an idiot really and declaring war on the USSR before the war on the western front was over.

holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

I've got no problem America not joining the war late, It wasn't their war to fight, fair enough. But in no way did they cause Britain to win the war, so stop claiming victory for it.

Why shouldn't we claim victory? Your cause was a hopeless one till we showed up. We are the reason that the Germans don't control Europe.
ABarOfSoap
ABarOfSoap
230 posts
Nomad

But in no way did they cause Britain to win the war, so stop claiming victory for it.

Ah, WWII. Yes, I agree that Hitler was foolish for declaring war on the USSR while still dealing with the western-border. I say this was in itself was one of his biggest mistakes, but he did make all the way to Stalingrad, and held it for a good amount of time, the only reason for them losing from the adequate amounts of ammo and not being ready to brave the freezing cold.

Approximately 26 Million Russians died in WWII, both civilian and military. I still say that had America not intervened, Germany might have had a huge impact, and probably taken Britian.
holt24
holt24
1,133 posts
Nomad

Ah, WWII. Yes, I agree that Hitler was foolish for declaring war on the USSR while still dealing with the western-border. I say this was in itself was one of his biggest mistakes, but he did make all the way to Stalingrad, and held it for a good amount of time, the only reason for them losing from the adequate amounts of ammo and not being ready to brave the freezing cold.
Approximately 26 Million Russians died in WWII, both civilian and military. I still say that had America not intervened, Germany might have had a huge impact, and probably taken Britian.

Hitlers two biggest mistake. Aliance with Japan and war with Russia.
Paradoxymoron
Paradoxymoron
65 posts
Nomad

Why shouldn't we claim victory? Your cause was a hopeless one till we showed up. We are the reason that the Germans don't control Europe.

We managed quite well to win the Battle of Britain and take back North Africa thank you very much. We wouldn't have taken Europe back from the Nazis as quickly without America, but once the Russian war machine got going the result was always inevitable. America's joining the war was a catalyst of the war's end, but not the causal factor.
Paradoxymoron
Paradoxymoron
65 posts
Nomad

Once the problem spiraled out of control, with German subs sinking several American ships, America decided to join the fight.

Actually this is false. America's decision was made for them when Germany declared war on them. Whether or not America would have declared war on Germany after Pearl Harbour is still a contentious issue among historians, since the domination of the Pacific was what was strategically useful for the Americans at the time.

We're bitter because you didn't help us until it suited you.

I disagree. We're bitter because far more British civilians and servicemen died, both in total number and as a proportion of the population, and yet Americans continue to have the cheek to claim they were the saviours of the world. Thanks for helping us and all, but please don't belittle us. It is both ignorant and patronising.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Exactly Para - and the Americans must have known about that and they chose not to step in and help us prevent the horrific losses we were suffering.

Showing 61-75 of 84