ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3 Feature] User-to-User Private Messages

110 25256
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I just confirmed with Larry that we're going to build a way for users to send private messages to one another, but the recipient will be able to flag the message as spam/abuse.

We don't know yet exactly what it will look like, but it's on the "to-do" list.

• 110 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Will there be abilities to delete messages?

How can moderators view?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Cool beans, Cormyn! Now when I talk to Possum about his issues with ri--*COUGH* err, no one will be able to see them and reply back!

How can moderators view?

Should they? I mean, it IS a private messaging system. I'd imagine...and speculate...that they will only be able to view flagged comments, instead of the whole thing.

Hey Cormyn, why not have a talk with Larry and the gang about filtering out messages for the mods? Like, if someone is complaining about spam on his profile, they are able to filter out the flagged comments to just one user.

This is assuming that they can do this though. I also like deleting PMs :3
XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

Thats sounds great, except for the fact that the mods are probably going to be eavesdropping on our every conversation. :P

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Instead of mods being able to see it there should just be a block option.. otherwise it's not very private now is it.

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

Even if they do make a block option, the mods will probably still have acces to them. And temptation sure is a temptation. :P

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Why would mods need access to it anyway? Only admins should be able to.
not that I don't trust mods or anything, but they just don't need to be in there xD

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

It is not the great temptations that ruin us; it is the little ones. XD

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Admins aren't always around to delete messages; in fact, it's really not their job. They can do it, but why trouble yourself when mods can do it? Like I said before, my idea states that mods should only be able to look at flagged messages, as, since it only takes one flag because its a private message, there could be instances in which a guy or gal would just never stop spamming and abusing. Who's to stop them? Others cannot see them.

If you flag, mods bag and tag. And beat the spammers upside the head with a banhammer.

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

I guess its just the paranoia eating my insides.

johnmchall
johnmchall
78 posts
Nomad

well, now people can stop posting threads asking if this is going to be on AG3.0 at least.

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

dmins aren't always around to delete messages; in fact, it's really not their job.

Exactly, but why bother mods with it, they will have enough on their plate with just the release of AG3 itself, I think we should just be able to block users from sending private messages to you, if you want to, then leave it at that.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

yea, an ablility to keep users from PM you might be a good thing. However, it should remain so that if, I wanted to send a PM to.....Frank.

Frank hates me secretly though, and doesn't want to ever get a message from me. So he blocks me. However, I can still see he is online and send a mesage. though it will do nothing.

XXAlienGirlXX
XXAlienGirlXX
810 posts
Nomad

So he blocks me. However, I can still see he is online and send a mesage. though it will do nothing.

And now I can finally block all the moderators from ever sending me a message again.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

But I don't ha--oh, it's an example! lol....isn't it?

So it would be a better idea to block than just flag the messages? I can see why...

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

And now I can finally block all the moderators from ever sending me a message again.

You can't block moderators, there problem solved
Showing 1-15 of 110