ForumsGameswarlords 2: Rise of the demons

209 81410
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I just beat warlords two
its pretty awesome
i played as the undead and i used the same strat as in the first one and i beat it without a problem

• 209 Replies
FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

With human aliance, I found hammerman pretty uber,it slaughters almost anything.
And in siege levels, dont use trebuchet, its useless use hammerman, and charge with hammermen is 95% victory.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Warlords heroes. i dont know it. where i can find it?

Armor games.
It's an Adventure Game I think.

With human aliance, I found hammerman pretty uber,it slaughters almost anything.
And in siege levels, dont use trebuchet, its useless use hammerman, and charge with hammermen is 95% victory.

^This.

- H
checker702
checker702
211 posts
Nomad

warlords 2 is the best. it has new graphics and is better than the first

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Magic casters are awesome, nice that they are fixed (when I played 1st time didnt used them).Exspesially I like necromancer, because that gives you extra force, when rising deads (mind control with other magic casters is also fun, but rise dead can give you multiple units at same time).
Now I have completed game five times, with high elves,undeads,arnolds,men of the west,human alliance and currently plaing with demons.Arnolds are in my oppinion fun, becouse they are so f#king uber, its not fun to play when you autowin everything.When you got hk drone in arnolds your unstoppable.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Hehe indeed.
I feel there needs to be less variety in units, I don't use half of them. Mages (not spellcasters) are useless to me, mounted units aren't required, scouts don't prove much and etc.
It would be nice if they did it kinda like Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The classes were more 'hybrid' than anything else, perhaps do the same here?
Also I feel that Javelin Throwers can use their javelins as spears, once they get close enough range - their preparation time is abysmal in comparison to the Shieldman and their range doesn't complement their damage all that well.

- H

MarshalLaw
MarshalLaw
2 posts
Nomad

Hey I have a question about Psonic's
They are the Men of the West's magic casters.
They have multiple abilities, and I don't know if thats good or bad. I will list them.

Rally: Makes your units charge using their special attack (if any).
Telekinesis: Slams enemies to the ground using the mind.
Teleport (forward): Self explanatory.
Impact: Knocks enemies back, causes little damage.
Terror: Enemy runs away in terror
Mind control: Makes an enemy betray his army.
Weakness: Causes a lane of enemies to slow down and have weaker attacks.
Fire ball: Attack spell

The problem: This spell caster is unpredictable so the more spells I give it the less likely it will do something I want. For example say there are giant trolls. I summon a row of them. Instead of using mind control, or weakness they instead teleport forward avoiding them, or some weak fireball spell.

So as you can see the less spells it has the easier it is to do something useful. However there are advantages in having all spells then just 1 or two. I'm not quite sure what to do with them.

Also I'm not quite certain about this, but it seems they can't attack in other lanes, only theirs.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Also I'm not quite certain about this, but it seems they can't attack in other lanes, only theirs.

Same with any other unit.
Some abilities some magic casters have has an effect on all lanes (such as the Necromancer 'Raise Dead' ability).

The problem: This spell caster is unpredictable so the more spells I give it the less likely it will do something I want. For example say there are giant trolls. I summon a row of them. Instead of using mind control, or weakness they instead teleport forward avoiding them, or some weak fireball spell.

Depends on what you plan to use them for.
If it's to counter large units, limit their abilities to Instant Death / Mind Control.
If it's to do what damage it can, it's simply all of them except Teleport, the others will hinder the enemies greatly and will be cast more. Very effective I'd imagine.

Men of the West own, just use Shieldmen

- H
MarshalLaw
MarshalLaw
2 posts
Nomad

What I don't like about Men of the West:
Their strength apparently is in swords.
This allows their swordsmen and long swordsmen a +20% attack boost.
Yet on a one to one battle the men of the west's long swordsmen fail against even the human alliances normal swordsmen. The normal swordsmen fails against the normal swordsmen also. (20% attack vs 10% defense)

#1: There is very little difference between a swordsmen and a shields men. (Fully upgraded).
-Same strengths against spear, and archer
-About the same attack damage
-Nearly the same defense (except swordsmen wins in this category)
-Nearly same preparation time.
-If rallied/ uses special the swordsmen also had shield advance.
-Same speed

-Shieldmen has slightly longer range.

I mean really? Really?! There should at least be some difference in attack strengths. Such as shield men 30% against halberds and axeman.

Swordsmen is about the same as an ax men in about every category except speed, and attack bonus.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Such as shield men 30% against halberds and axeman.

Possibly.

The strength in a Shieldman is his immunity to ranged fire. The extra range allows it to defeat Halberdiers, Axemen and Spearmen with ease as well.
I feel it already has enough benefits - however I do think it should also have a bonus against Axemen and Halberdiers.

I also feel Axemen need to have less attack and defense - they are too powerful. I'd prefer them be an Anti-Halberdier and that be it.
I'd also like Spearmen to be what they are usually in other games - anti-cavalry. Take out the bonus of Halberdiers (Axemen. ) and add a bonus to withstand assaults from Mounted Units (namely the one that knocks them over), or to have a major attack bonus on first shot (Phalanx Formation).

It makes it a little like this:
Swordsmen > Spearmen > Mounted > Axemen > Halberdiers > Swordsmen > Spearmen > Mounted > Axemen > Halberdiers > So on so on so on.

As of this moment I've found no need to use a mounted unit - due to the toughness of an Axeman, This will surely make me reconsider.
Then again I hate the knockover effect when I wish TO KILL the axeman

Sorry djstatika, I feel like I'm ripping on your game - I'm not
I'm just making suggestions :P
But you could keep the bonuses from spearmen, because I like those little things you add, it gives it more variety, strategy and overall flavour

By the way - Magic Casters are VERY nice! Terror is actually quite effective, however they don't always use their abilities aggressively enough - this may need tweaking. :/

Thank you djstatika!

- H
djstatika
djstatika
19 posts
Nomad

Yet on a one to one battle the men of the west's long swordsmen fail against even the human alliances normal swordsmen. The normal swordsmen fails against the normal swordsmen also. (20% attack vs 10% defense)

Consistently? Longswordsmen are a bit unpredictable because of their slow attack speed but high damage. A battle between 2 could just be decided by who hits first and what attacks they use.

There is very little difference between a swordsmen and a shields men. (Fully upgraded).

Stats wise they look similar, but they are quite different. Shieldmen are slower attacking, but longer range. A swordman will be slaughtered by a bunch of archers, whereas a shieldman wont. Swordsmen can use the shield advance, but only until they meet something.

Swordsmen is about the same as an ax men in about every category except speed, and attack bonus

Again, in stats they are similar, but axemenkeep driving forward as they attack rather than stopping aswiping like the swordsmen do, which mean they get in close and thetrefore can land more hits against a long range unit, and will push them back which can get you more time.

I'd prefer them be an Anti-Halberdier and that be it.

They are not even really anti halberd, i just gave them that because not many melee units had a bonus against halberds

By the way - Magic Casters are VERY nice! Terror is actually quite effective, however they don't always use their abilities aggressively enough - this may need tweaking

Well magic casters are supposed to be a bit unpredictable, if they werent then I would have to nerf them to stop them just annihilating everything. They are supposed to be "support" units.
FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

I have now beated game with all racecs and this is my race ranking (1.=best)
1.Arnolds Hk drone=autowin all levels (I dont play with them anymore, to boring to win everything).
2.Demons:giant demons and powerful speamans
3.High elvels:assasins,obelisk and whirler pwnes
4.Undeads:whirler,skulllauncher,failer
5.Human alliance:hammerman
6.Wood elves:archers and rangers cant miss
7.Mountain trolls:giant trols, clubbermen
8.Men of the West:shieldman pwnes, but batterin rams are %&¤#!!
9.Orcs of the North:samurais are good, but battering rams are /%¤!!
10.Orcs of the South:no so useful units

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Well magic casters are supposed to be a bit unpredictable, if they werent then I would have to nerf them to stop them just annihilating everything. They are supposed to be "support" units.

Fair enough, considering they absolutely obliterate Giant units or even convert them, it allows consistent leaking after that.
I also like the 'Pit', I figured it'd be a one-shot one-kill ability but was laughing really hard once I saw my own men trip over in it!
Nice touch there mate!

They are not even really anti halberd, i just gave them that because not many melee units had a bonus against halberds

Ah, I thought the same considering they could defeat Spearmen easily, as well as put up a significant fight against Swordsmen. Which again, is kinda the problem - they're too powerful :/
I don't think Spearmen should counter it, because it already counters Halberdiers (right? ) and Archers at close, or at far with spear charge (doesn't quite work out for Javelin / Rock / Axe throwers, mind).

Anyway, just a thought
By the way, did I ask what is the counter to an Axeman? I don't think I did :P

- H
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

yeah i have never converted a giant unit before a real life saver if i ever did

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

yeah i have never converted a giant unit before a real life saver if i ever did

Hell yea it is!

It's incredibly satisfying to see your enemy unleash his toughest unit only to be turned against him with little chance of fending it off

You could do other things, like Instant Death it... But where's the fun in that?! :O

- H
FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

By the way, did I ask what is the counter to an Axeman? I don't think I did :P

I use 2 swordmen to counter one axeman.Works fine.
And about halberdiers I think that they need to have higher bonus agains mounted units, (or they mounted units need to be weaken), because to kill a one (1) mounted unit, you need at leats 3 halberdierrs!And they need to be close themselves, or then mounted unit just knocks over then, suffering 0 damage.If you have a line without no units, and enemy uses mounted unit in that line, you can really stop that.
Showing 106-120 of 209