ForumsGameswarlords 2: Rise of the demons

209 81416
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I just beat warlords two
its pretty awesome
i played as the undead and i used the same strat as in the first one and i beat it without a problem

• 209 Replies
cptbignuts12
cptbignuts12
709 posts
Nomad

i like the fact theres castles in the game
its kinda ghallanging

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Just finished a run through with the Men of the West and their shieldmen own. It seemed like any time I made a column of them the computer just spammed archers, the worst thing to use against them.

allright88
allright88
154 posts
Nomad

hey who is the powerful race in this game
*I want their weakness too*

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

hey who is the powerful race in this game
*I want their weakness too*

Mentioned a few pages earlier.
djstatika said that the Trolls might've been due to their giant troll rush.
There isn't really a counter to that though. <-- That was me.

Just finished a run through with the Men of the West and their shieldmen own. It seemed like any time I made a column of them the computer just spammed archers, the worst thing to use against them.

Depends on the setup. If they have 3 swordsmen and 5 archers on one Shieldman, then the Shieldman will have to open up to attack the Swordsmen, which may give enough time altogether to kill him with archers and swordsmen.

- H
FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Now I hace get strategy which I can won siege levels.When ever I get charge, I charge obelisks, and when I have done that about 2 times, that autowin.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Depends on the setup. If they have 3 swordsmen and 5 archers on one Shieldman, then the Shieldman will have to open up to attack the Swordsmen, which may give enough time altogether to kill him with archers and swordsmen.

The AI was definitely not bright enough to think about using meat shields to open up opportunities. I guess I spammed enough shieldmen to make any attempt at breaking the wall of 'em futile.

As the Men of the West, all I came to rely on were shieldmen, scouts and battering rams. Everything else didn't have much of a use.

I note that the shieldmen have relatively low attack strength, but they make up for this with their ridiculous armor rating. Spamming them in numbers is the best way to go.
FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

(sorry for the double post)
And I have found out, that battle mages are some cases better hat archers, because they can attack range, when archers can
And I just won a game with high elves and with my charge seige units-tactic.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

The AI was definitely not bright enough to think about using meat shields to open up opportunities. I guess I spammed enough shieldmen to make any attempt at breaking the wall of 'em futile.

Indeed. AI isn't the best, even on Hardest.

As the Men of the West, all I came to rely on were shieldmen, scouts and battering rams. Everything else didn't have much of a use.

Just Shieldmen for me.

I note that the shieldmen have relatively low attack strength, but they make up for this with their ridiculous armor rating. Spamming them in numbers is the best way to go.

I found that they had average attack strength, a balance between a normal unit and a unique one.
This isn't the best for fighting up against unique units, however Archers can probably sort out that matter in conjunction with Shieldmen.

Or Javelin Throwers

- H
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Ah javelin throwers behind shieldmen is epic win.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

ah siege unit behind swordsmen countering giant troll is epic

anubis4567
anubis4567
6 posts
Scribe

Focus on one line 4 spears, 5 halberd, 3 archer, then save up for an elite unit or spam running spears/mounted units into other lines. Did this with humans and demons so far, works like a charm. Also, get about 5 halberds in followed by a ladder man and get a ladder on two lines, then alternate the lines 4 spear men at a time, supporting with archers and an occasional halberd for siege levels. Also, giant demon+charge+siege level=ownage.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Just Shieldmen for me.

I found victory with the shieldmen to be easily attainable, but I just added the scouts and rams to speed things up.

I found that they had average attack strength, a balance between a normal unit and a unique one.
This isn't the best for fighting up against unique units, however Archers can probably sort out that matter in conjunction with Shieldmen.

Well for me a bunch of shieldmen had to inflict quite a lot of hits to kill units in front of them. Though that didn't really matter as I'd usually have half a dozen or more shieldmen attack one enemy unit simultaneously. If one of my men fell due to arrow fire, there'd be more men fresh and ready at the back.

Ah javelin throwers behind shieldmen is epic win.

@Anubis

I prefer the simple strategy I've come to love the Men of the West for: shieldmen spam.
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

so who likes warlords better than warlords heroes?

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

so who likes warlords better than warlords heroes?

Warlords 2 >< Warlords Heroes > Warlords 1

My personal opinion.

There was more story with the Warlords Heroes, and I LOVED that!

- H
checker702
checker702
211 posts
Nomad

Warlords heroes. i dont know it. where i can find it?

Showing 91-105 of 209