ForumsGamesMinecraft

79 23979
shadedclan
shadedclan
405 posts
Peasant

Well I am not sure where this goes. It is technically a flash game because it runs on flash but I consider this a video game nonetheless.

So what do you think of the game? Love it, hate it? Played it?
[url=http://www.minecraft.net/]

• 79 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Minecraft has sold over 800,000 copies only in alpha now.

That's very good.

I play it on occasion. The only thing I do on it though is just run around digging tunnels and stuff. It's not that good for me. I can play it for about 20 minutes then get tired of it.
Oggy
Oggy
10 posts
Nomad

game rocks!!!! =DDD

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

I play it on occasion. The only thing I do on it though is just run around digging tunnels and stuff. It's not that good for me. I can play it for about 20 minutes then get tired of it.
You sir have obviously not discovered mine carts...
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

You sir have obviously not discovered mine carts...

No I have not. I don't really play one player. I only played it a couple times. Because some other people were playing it on multiplayer.
sirfrank
sirfrank
420 posts
Nomad

minecraft is awesome right now my project is a super minecart track

hypoxia
hypoxia
589 posts
Nomad

Entertaining for a week I would say. After that, to be fair, it got boring.

Played a bit of the Nether Realms, but thats just a ****storm.

DarkBirdGames
DarkBirdGames
4 posts
Nomad

I love minecraft, I consider myself a redstone technician...
of course, locks to doors don't really work because other players can just break the door down...

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to buy the game sometime in January so I can play multiplayer. I do have the full game right now though.

I'm very satisfied with the world I'm playing on. I'm very pleased with the layout, something I can be very picky about). I have a nice 3 story home built in the side of a mountain, or a cliff rather. It overlooks my reed and wheat farm as well as a lake that flows off into a vast river (so really, it's just the end of the river, still awesome).

I have located a deep and VERY complicated mine not too far away that I can either walk or sail to. I have NEVER found such a complex cave system while playing minecraft before. I have made a bunch of signs to help me figure out where to go and where everything is, but it's still easy to get lost.

My cliff-side home had 3 floors. The first floor contains 4 chests and most of my paintings. The second floor contains 1 painting and a nice inside fountain with a jukebox and the record "cat". The third floor contains chests and a mysterious switch that seemingly does nothing. The chests are for cobblestone, dirt, sand, and so on. There's also a door leading to the top of the cliff on the 3rd floor.

That's my world and I'm always exploring that cave or tending the farm or just chilling to some cat.

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

I love all the new biomes and it is so fun to pick out skins for your character

zigdawg
zigdawg
73 posts
Nomad

looks cool but never tryed it

killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

(i apologize ahead of time for my bad grammar and spelling)

@nomamec68 wow! your world sounds awesome! i personally only have a 2 story house because i just bot the game, but i have waterfalls every where(and a few lava-falls), i also have a few ladders going to the top of my house hidden behind some waterfalls, i also got a rely HUGE! cave system that has 2 ground entrance's , but i found soooooo much stuff in those cave's, also, im assuming every one has noticed that red ore is all most ALWAYS right near lava right? so would u get nervice is you found a huge deposit of red ore but you cant find the lava? i did, and i still haven't found the lava yet, i haven't been down there again alot since i also found diamond and i was nervice about finding the lava and getting killed by it and loosing it =/

but any way i LOVE this game and i thought i would bring the thread back up to the top, so hopefully more people will post on it =)

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I'm currently undertaking a HUGE build project on the server that my brother/friend play on, a 10 deep, 35x50 pit cleared, making a castle. It's imbeded into a cliff, with the first floor nearing done, a lava moat outside, and a boathouse that has canal doors so that you can easily keep MOBs out. I am next going to work on installing "Lava light" :P, don't know if anyone has done that before, make a glass enclosure in the walls/floors and fill it with lava to light the room, probably but I haven't seen it, anyways, and am working on making a underground minecart loop system that will eventually be a continuous train linking my spawn point to the "Garden" area in my castle Also have been thinking about putting in a "Map room" where I scale down everything, maybe 1=10 or more, and create a map of my world. Also, if anyone knows how to control how much a tree grows (So far have seen 3 "classes," small, super, epic...I don't know if they have actual names, that'd be very helpful, I tried to plant a tree area and it went out of control, had to spend a lot of time cutting down all of the wood....)

killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

WOW! thats alot of stuff, that sounds like its going to be vary fun to do!

Also, if anyone knows how to control how much a tree grows (So far have seen 3 "classes," small, super, epic...I don't know if they have actual names, that'd be very helpful, I tried to plant a tree area and it went out of control, had to spend a lot of time cutting down all of the wood....)

i dont think you can, i think you just have to check it often and hope it dosent get out of control.
Wackyy
Wackyy
3 posts
Nomad

I used to love minecraft, but I've only played the old Classic. Still, good game

Wackyy
Wackyy
3 posts
Nomad

I made a 4 story house about 20X30 wideXlong and it was epic. I also made some tunnel systems that reached right across the whole map on Giant mode. I also treked along from one cornr to another on Giant mode. I still have all those memories..

Showing 31-45 of 79