ForumsGamesMinecraft

79 23982
shadedclan
shadedclan
405 posts
Peasant

Well I am not sure where this goes. It is technically a flash game because it runs on flash but I consider this a video game nonetheless.

So what do you think of the game? Love it, hate it? Played it?
[url=http://www.minecraft.net/]

• 79 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

i made a 30 x 30 clean stone and lumber house with a wall of cactus round it and a moat

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I have to say though, being a veteran of this game (played this since the end of summer), multiplayer is much better than singleplayer, IMO.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I've never played the single-player. I like multiplayer better since you can build things with your friends and play with other people.

The game itself though. Has bad graphics. But makes up for that with hours of enjoyment. I personally can't play it that much since it lags on my laptop. I like playing it every once in a while. It can get your mind thinking and you'll build creative things.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

The game itself though. Has bad graphics

Try this texture pack, it's the one I use, there's a customizable option also

http://painterlypack.net/customizer.php
steve08
steve08
4 posts
Nomad

Ive already bought this game. Its the best especially online with other people. Ive made a massive pyramid out of gold and diamond blocks.LAGIT!!!!

killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

i just resently made a lava floor in my underground storehouse useing glass, it looks RELLY cool from high up

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

i just resently made a lava floor in my underground storehouse useing glass, it looks RELLY cool from high up

I tried that as well, but I found that I liked how geometric designs looked better than an open lava floor, plus it's less lava needed.

I've also recently been thinking of a hanging lava lamp, or a lava pillar. I've found that making lava in the walls isn't very practical, as you need a 3 thick section so as to put the lava in the middle and glass it off on both sides.
espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

this game is incredible. the graphvis sucks but you can explore, build, craft...
is really fun playing online with dozens of players too.
sure it worth the money spend

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

this game is incredible. the graphvis sucks but you can explore, build, craft...

Again, there are texture packs you can get that make the game look better, or edit the items/blocks yourself.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

Heh, once I was in a big mine I found, and I hadn't explored all of it, and I found craploads of coal. So, I started mining it, took quite a while, wasn't paying attention to what happened around me, and then I heard a zombie just behind me. Scared the crap out of me. Really love the beta survival mode, as you not only build, but also explore, gather materials, create objects (workbenches, furnaces, doors, fishing rods, tools, armor, etc.) and meanwhile, there are these hostile mobs to keep you on your guard. It's like a mix between Lego and an adventure game. Oh, and if you'd prefer to just do gathering/building, just go to the options and change the difficulty to Peaceful, and all the zombies are gone!

Definitely worth the money, and if you buy it now during the beta, when it's cheaper, you'll get the full version when it's released.

2x4
2x4
30 posts
Nomad

Minecraft has made me put my xbox 360 aside. MC is soo much better then any console game out right now.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

MC is soo much better then any console game out right now.

I wouldn't put it that far. Minecraft is a good game. But I'd rather play console games before Minecraft. If I have nothing to play on a console or just feel like building something I'll go on minecraft. Me on MC regularly.. I don't see that happening. I haven't bought it. I just play the multiplayer sometimes.
2x4
2x4
30 posts
Nomad

I bought it about a month ago, after... erhm.. playing it for "free". I felt that it was worth the 13 bucks, but then again, nothing on the console is very appealing atm.

GabeValentine
GabeValentine
33 posts
Nomad

I bought it about a month ago, after... erhm.. playing it for "free". I felt that it was worth the 13 bucks, but then again, nothing on the console is very appealing atm.

I bought it after (to use your euphemism) &quotlaying it for 'free.'" Its developed by a single guy, not a company or studio or anything, and it is important to support the little guys, or they will stop pumping out the stuff we like.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I bought it after (to use your euphemism) &quotlaying it for 'free.'"

There is a free version, it's not like you stole it or anything, it's just the very first version that was released.
Showing 46-60 of 79