ForumsThe TavernVeteran users?

165 25746
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

What amount of forum posts, rank and/or points make a veteran user? Or is it post quality? Can veteran users be called veteran just from time? I'd like to hear your opinion (obviously.

• 165 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

I'd say a veteran user would have maybe 3,500+ posts and they would have joined in November '09 and before.

Well, I'm just guessing obviously.

PrideRage
PrideRage
151 posts
Nomad

I guess the amount of forum posts doesn't necessarily make you a veteran, although 1,000+ may be an indication for a experienced user.
But there are also people, who go into a forum discussion and say "Yea, I agree" or something short like this. So I guess the quality and lenght of forum posts give you a higher reputation than alot short posts. A veteran should also be a member of Armor Games for about 1 year imo.

I would describe myself a half-veteran
My quality and lenght of forum posts is good, but I'm not having alot posts.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I personally don't have a veteran classification. I think it's down to individual perception. There are quite a few people on AG who I would call veterans who post so rarely nowadays that I doubt most of you know them..

cmb2kool
cmb2kool
378 posts
Nomad

I would say people who have been here from the beginning and was active

tylerjones57
tylerjones57
86 posts
Nomad

ya i agree with 1337player about 3500+ post

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Jezz called it, although I'm pretty sure she knows more of those users than I do.

There are some old users that I don't consider to be veterans simply because they don't have all that many posts, at the same time there are other who have very few posts but are known because of their post quality.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Something to add to my post.

It also comes down to post quality. I know a few people here who have 2,000+ posts but they don't have proper grammar or they don't contribute to threads that much.

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

I have to agree with both points you made 1337, except 3500 posts seems a little high to be considered a vet. I don't think that very many active people right now have reached 2000 posts, let alone 3500.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

I have to disagree with a post count indicating veteranship or not. Some people have barely under/over 1000 posts, yet have probably been contributing very handily in this forum since before you even found the site.

In my opinion, a vet is someone who stops acting like a noob and gains respect in their peers' eyes.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

*strolls in*

You guys call me?

O no, you didn't. D:

Well, a veteran user is someone who has been around a long time, and has a reputation on the site.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

the only number by which i would classify a vet user is by how long they have played... i have, by wat i can remember have been playing for 4 years... however i have been a member less than one.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ag has only been around sicne '08 so iassume your saying you used Games of Gondor.

I have been here a bit over two years, which is true for most member who have joined in '08.

Though I find it unfair for hem to say so if they have left the site for long periods of time. I have been here through the thick and thin!

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

and they would have joined in November '09 and before.

I disagree with this. I am a perfect example. I joined WAY back in february '09, was only a little bit active on the forums, then went ghost for about a year. 13 months later, i remembered about AG and got on+started being active again, to this day.

And for post count..... I think the number of posts doesn't quite matter for veteranship ( though it is an indicator of respect/contribution level), but moreof the quality+how friendly to the community you are in your posts.
If you're a complete **** to everybody, you would hardly be considered 'veteran'.

~SN~
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Experience, Passion, Respect, Leadership, and Activity does a veteran make! You don't need rank or post count to show people that you're a veteran--'tis just a result of your reputation. You gotta know AG, love being on it, give and receive respect, take action where action is needed, and be here frequently. Activity does not denote veteran-hood, rather it is a catalyst for being one, which is why it's important.

Your quality of posts--not the number--also matter. People will remember you for your quality of posts, whether they are strong and detailed, make good arguments and counter-arguments, or just leave a lasting impression on the users of AG. They don't always have to be constructive, just that it gets the peoples' eyes in your direction in the good way.

pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

or just leave a lasting impression on the users of AG.

I guess that's why I'm not respected as much as others are ;(

Personally, I believe that the only qualities or specifications of a veteran user would be how long ago they joined (for example, I joined in November 2008), maybe a year of being on AG would qualify as a long time, and their number of forum posts, let's say around 1,500.
Showing 1-15 of 165