ForumsThe Tavernfavorite web browser

93 11359
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I always stuck to internet explorer cause it was what came with the computer but alot of my freinds use other browsers and I was wondering if i should switch to another browser or not.So i was wondering if you have your browser for the same reason and if not why did you switch?
Plz don't just say "Firefox" give a reason why u like it the most.

• 93 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

in what way is it inferior to firefox and Chrome?

The reasons were provided in my previous post.

It is slower & more prone to getting viruses. With Chrome & Firefox, there's more security.
That's from my experience with IE.

Review.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

but how do the other's protect you? does it say "NO YOU CANNOT GO THERE IT IS FULL O' VIRUSES!" in a popup or something?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

does it say "NO YOU CANNOT GO THERE IT IS FULL O' VIRUSES!" in a popup or something?

Yes.
When there's a site with potential viruses it navigates you away from there.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

[/quote]When there's a site with potential viruses it navigates you away from there.[quote]
You say navigate it makes me think there a hand that comes out of the web browser and says "common now, let's go to some less dangerous sites"

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

oooooooooo dose it block that stupid spyware scanner popup that sometimes dose a "checup" and then says "you got viruses! click here to clean em up right away!" cause I get that rutinley just from entering AG for some reason.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

haha wow that's a kids dream web browser! No more having to go to each history log and right click then left click, then reopen the thing agian and agian. It sounds interesting, btw can you still go on a infected site ven though it leads you away?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

can you still go on a infected site ven though it leads you away?

It just tells you to go away from the site with the man with the stop sign. But, there is an option if you want to stay on that infected site with the potential virus.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

does it tell you where it is? cause that's one reason why I like nortan is it tells you exactly where the virus is so you can be on the website and still be safe.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

does it tell you where it is?

I've never tested it, when it tells me the site has viruses & for me to leave; I just leave the site.
WinteryTrance
WinteryTrance
58 posts
Nomad

Hi, let's please keep this on topic and not turn this into a two-person debate about which virus software is best which could be a potential topic in the future.

We can simply all agree that IE 9.0 is the browser that paves the road to the future in innovative web-surfing and web-security and web-simplicity.

If you don't believe, then please download for yourself and try it. You can also uninstall at any time if you don't think that it's good enough to waste your time on. It's just that simple.

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

I use Firefox, because of the speed, security, and add-ons. With the right collection of add-ons firefox look great and there this is this

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Hi, let's please keep this on topic and not turn this into a two-person debate about which virus software is best which could be a potential topic in the future.

WE were on topic.
We were discussing on the security that's on Firefox. It was discussing a web browser.
I use Firefox, because of the speed, security, and add-ons.

Me too, I really don't know much about the add-ons on Chrome or IE, but on Firefox I use Web Of Trust(WOT), fastest fox(highlight a word and it shows the definition, also when you scroll down it goes to the second page.)

I don't really use many add-ons, I just use what's necessary for me. But I have compared the speeds on Firefox, Chrome & IE, Firefox works best for me.
Katiee
Katiee
22 posts
Nomad

Google Chrome.
It's fast. I love the fact that you can download extensions
The bookmarks bar.. Amzing.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

I have only Internet Error and Safari. Currently I use IE, but normal I use safari.

Showing 31-45 of 93