ForumsThe Tavernfavorite web browser

93 11360
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

I always stuck to internet explorer cause it was what came with the computer but alot of my freinds use other browsers and I was wondering if i should switch to another browser or not.So i was wondering if you have your browser for the same reason and if not why did you switch?
Plz don't just say "Firefox" give a reason why u like it the most.

• 93 Replies
ArchKnight
ArchKnight
120 posts
Shepherd

At the moment I am using Mozilla Firefox with most of the reasons already posted in this thread and seen on their website.

I think that Firefox has a better settings interface, it allows users to easily see what each option does and change it quickly.

Also, in my opinion, there are better help pages provided by Mozilla than Microsoft. Most problems that arise in Firefox, which rarely happens, and questions I may have are already answered.

Firefox's ability to be able to detect which plugins or add-ons are out of date is an excellent feature as it ensures they aren't vulnerable to the latest threats.

The automatic updates when I start it up is great for me as I don't have to download a whole new version every time there is a new release.

I can't really comment on other browsers such as Safari, Opera or Chrome as I haven't used them before.

Sorry for the long post but thanks for reading it =]

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

I use IE since most of flash things (games,videos) work best on that.With Firefox you need to install some stuff so flash work, and I am not intrested on that.

ArchKnight
ArchKnight
120 posts
Shepherd

Yes, I have heard that before. IE does work better with some flash applications than other browsers.

With Firefox you need to install some stuff so flash work, and I am not intrested on that.

That might be true as Firefox is not preinstalled with computers so requires a different type of plugin to that of Internet Explorer. But, I only had to install it once and it took me less than a minute (on a broadband connection).

With this download for flash out of the way, I have noticed applications such as videos and games are loading faster and look smoother compared to that of IE. I'm not sure if this is the same for others but it is the case for me.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Well, Firefox 4 beats them all; I must say.

I just recently downloaded it and the speed is just awesome!

Although, I don't like how the whole toolbar is rearranged, but I suppose I can get used to it.

Also, I kind of like how the screen is larger than on Firefox 3.6, but it's a bit odd since it reminds me a lot of Google Chrome.
But, I just tested the speed of Firefox 4 & Google Chrome and Firefox is a tad faster. So, Firefox 4 is my favorite browser of them all.

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

Hm. Most people seem to say Chrome or Firefox. I'll have to download Firefox to see what it's like.

CigarStoreIndian
CigarStoreIndian
40 posts
Nomad

Internet Explorer came with the computer. If I can get to the page required to download a different browser, I can browse the internet fine with the one I have.

sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

i always use chrome or firefox because internet explorer takes like 10 seconds to get to my hompage, and chrome is instant. so is firefox. plus IE fails when i use it.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Chrome is faster, but I like to use Firefox more.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Chrome is faster

Have you downloaded and used Firefox 4 yet?

I compared their speeds a few hours ago and Firefox 4 is faster. Not much, but you can tell.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Firefox 4 will be released soon. You can find it on the Mozilla homepage.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

I compared their speeds a few hours ago and Firefox 4 is faster. Not much, but you can tell.

No, I have not.

*downloads*

WOW. THAT'S a low price!
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

@Ghgt99:
What was the point in saying that to me?

I already know it's out and downloaded it earlier.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

But just in Beta. It will be fully released soon.

That was directed to people in general.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

****. It is nicer, but it is only slightly faster. Chrome still feels faster.

Also, the themes look weird.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

But just in Beta. It will be fully released soon.

I downloaded it earlier today and it overrun Firefox 3.6.
Was it supposed to do that?
Showing 46-60 of 93