ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 805094
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

The Frostbite engine is able to house destructible environments, dynamic sound, lighting, and fully immerses the player into whatever battle they may be playing. As stated on the box, the game "Defines Online Warfare"
Just because it's destructible doesn't mean it's realistic... 100 frags wouldn't take down a house if it's built correctly, maybe C4, but not frags.
joejoero
joejoero
17 posts
Nomad

i play cod preistge 3 lvl 26

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Just because it's destructible doesn't mean it's realistic... 100 frags wouldn't take down a house if it's built correctly, maybe C4, but not frags.

And that's why Bad Co. 2 doesn't let frag grenades take out walls.

-Chillz
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

WHAT?? Im soo mad right now I made it to round 53 in ascension with my friend and it didnt count, like on the leaderboards my record isnt there, but the funny thing is that its shows the record for my friend but not for me. Can anyone tell me why this happened.

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
260 posts
Nomad

You can still rush with snipers on Bad Company 2.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

You can still rush with snipers on Bad Company 2.

Yes, but it isn't called "Sniper", it's called "Recon". You're doing a good job if you go behind enemy lines blowing up objectives / tight cover, tanks and etc. You also do a good job if you use your motion mines - you can't do any of these barely as effective if you have say... DISTANCE?

Rushing with them? Nowhere near as effectively and the VSS could easily be used as a close range weapon but... what is your point?

- H
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Battlefield is'nt as realistic as Flashpointragon Rising or Flashpoint:Red River.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Again - this is a CoD thread, let's just keep it that way. The first post concerning Battlefield was, if ya ask me kind of unnecessary since we've already been through 30 pages against CoD. Would I persist with such an argument? Yeah kind of, but there's not really much more to say about it - presented the argument and there's really about that.

I don't think I'll really be participating in this thread if there are no points made against CoD being as it really isn't my cup of tea to actually play it xD

See you guys, if you have questions for me, just head down to my profile. :>

- H

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Uh... now about CoD 3 for PS2? What do you guys think about it?

My favorite guns in it are the Sten, the Kar98k (best rifle ever!) and the MP44 (M1 Garand with full-auto fire!).

And the british character (Sgt. James Doyle) have a history: he was the protagonist of the 2 too!

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

For one, burn the CoD black ops disc and throw into the ocean...

for 2, make the makers of modern warfare the leaders of CoD...

For 3, Destroy Treyarchs patching of fun...

For 4, make out of the maps an option... not a prevention...

For 5, have mw2s multiplayer similar in all CoD games...

I'm annoyed with treyarch and would rather sit down with treyarch and shove mw2 into their faces so they can fix their developing skills...Hope mw3 can make me happy..

1. No, maybe MW2, but not Black Ops.
2. IW crumbled after MW2 failed so much, they're only a story consultant on MW3.
3. How did they patch fun? The balanced the Famas and 74u better, nurfed the knife lunge, and made the sniping perfect, making the game more fun.
4. Are you stupid? Getting out of the map is extremely retarded and just makes the game less fun.
5. Yeah, 'cause we want every COD game to have One Man Army noob tubes, Commando, and Nuke boosters. I'll stick with Black Ops superior multiplayer.
TysonD
TysonD
35 posts
Farmer

CoD needs to stop making games, Black Ops was a major success in my opinion and I would hate to see them end on a bad note like so many people make the mistake of doing

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I think CoD had gone downhill since 4

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

1. No, maybe MW2, but not Black Ops.

no, definitely black ops.

Infinity Ward is actually a very good developer in the shooter world. The first, second, and fourth Call of Duty were each titans in their own times. Call of Duty was the best WW2 shooter of the time, Call of Duty 2 proved that the new generation of consoles could perform well, and Call of Duty 4 pushed the FPS to the limit in 2007 (it sucks it was overshadowed by Halo 3 and Bioshock).

Treyarch made the console versions of the first two CoD's, (Finest Hour and Big Red One) and took over development of the next iteration of Call of Duty franchise, Call of Duty 3 (I kinda dug that one, it's the best Western Front WW2 game out there, well, The Saboteur takes place in Paris so...).

Regardless, Treyarch just couldn't cause as much a splash as their older cousin, Infinity Ward. It was kinda holding on while Infinity Ward did battle against the likes of Irrational Games, Bungie, Epic, and had an ultimate duel after MW2's release, a duel with Swedish devleoper, Digital Illusions CE, developer of Battlefield.

Sure, Black Ops sold more units than MW2, but the quality of games rises over time naturally, and when Black Ops released a year later, even though the multiplayer interface got a huge change that allowed for a more free-form customization of specialties in weapons (a trait taken from Battlefield: Bad Company 2), many industry analysts (myself included) got a very *bleh* taste. A look back at the games ever since Modern Warfare, we see a straight line in terms of quality, maybe a small spurt with MW2. This isn't necessarily Infinity Ward's fault, but Activision's, and we'll get to that next.

2. IW crumbled after MW2 failed so much, they're only a story consultant on MW3.

*BZZZ* WRONG!

Devleoper Infinity Ward and Publisher Activision got into a gigantic legal battle quickly after the release of MW2. This resulted in many of the lead designers and the chief of Infinity Ward have to leave the studio, quickly followed by other higher-ups in the company. Activision was left with a broken Infinity Ward, and with Treyarch hard at work on other projects, Activision had to call in some friends.

First, it took a page from Microsoft's book and cut of some of itself, called it Sledgehammer, and set it to work on the SinglePlayer aspect of the next Modern Warfare with Infinity Ward.

Activision had to search through it's black book of FPS developers to work on Modern Warfare's popular multiplayer aspect, Bungie was busy on other things, id had a love affair with Bethesda, Gearbox was taking too much time computing whether to or not to release Borderlands 2, but one developer wasn't taken, Raven Software.

In a flash, Raven was there to make the Multiplayer for the next iteration in the Modern Warfare series. Big mistake. Raven is a trainwreck developer, their only good game was Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, a beat 'em up that was surprisingly entertaining (the sequel sucked though). Quake 4, 2009's Wolfenstein reboot, even Turok had fallen to the glut of low-quality shooters that Raven had built. And Activision put them in charge of the multiplayer of the next game in the most popular franchise in video game history.

And what happened to the good half of Infinity Ward that was able to scurry away from Activision's wrath? They renamed themselves Respawn Entertainment, and now work under the cloak of Activision's biggest rival, Electronic Arts, publisher of Battlefield 3.

So, nay, the remainder of IW is actually too little to make the scope of the game Activision wants to compete with the elite Battlefield 3, so it has joined with Activision Incarnate (Sledgehammer) to make only A HALF of a game.

and made the sniping perfect

Ah, so teleporting bullets that have no delay between fire and hitting a target and a lack of acknowledgement of, well, GRAVITY, makes sniping perfect? Nay, good sir! Battlefield: Bad Company 2 sniping is the closest thing we have, if a person with a Sniper Rifle is far enough away from a Target, they must aim above the head, and a little forward, in order to factor in bullet fall and travel time.

Yeah, 'cause we want every COD game to have One Man Army noob tubes, Commando, and Nuke boosters

If it's in the game, it's a legitimate strategy. Grenade Launchers are an essential part of Bad Company's gameplay, destroying walls to allow multiple access points and enabling flanking maneuvers. Grenade launchers in Call of Duty are used for quick kills, and if someone has played the game and has put enough time in to rank up to acquire all the above stated perks and options, then they have a right to utilize them. If you don't like it? Then discover a counter! There's always a counter in Battlefield, why can't you find one in your "superior" shooter franchise?

Armorgames? This is Your Friendly Neighborhood Satanist.
We're done here.

-Chillz
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

If you don't like it? Then discover a counter! There's always a counter in Battlefield, why can't you find one in your "superior" shooter franchise?

I see a little bit of me in this part of the post. :*)

Also, yay at intelligent discussion (despite being the same one) coming from this "Which CoD is better" debate XD

Umm.
I've not much else to say. :P

We're done here.

- H
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

no, definitely black ops.
Black Ops is so much better than MW2, One Man Army noob tubes were horrible...
If it's in the game, it's a legitimate strategy.
So it's legit to win a game of SnD because you can shoot straight up in the air and rain grenades down on the opposing spawn? That's not legit, it takes no skill... any idiot can do that, maybe even you could.
Ah, so teleporting bullets that have no delay between fire and hitting a target and a lack of acknowledgement of, well, GRAVITY, makes sniping perfect? Nay, good sir! Battlefield: Bad Company 2 sniping is the closest thing we have, if a person with a Sniper Rifle is far enough away from a Target, they must aim above the head, and a little forward, in order to factor in bullet fall and travel time.
There's no map big enough for there to be a delay that's discernible to the human eye, although I was talking about the quick scoping fiasco... also a downside to Modern Crapfare 2...
Raven is a trainwreck developer, their only good game was Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Are you kidding me? Ever heard of Singularity? That game got a lot of good reviews, but unfortunately didn't sell well...
There's always a counter in Battlefield, why can't you find one in your "superior" shooter franchise?
Oh really? There's a counter to having every piece of cover destroyed? There's a counter to the incredibly slow and boring gameplay? There's a counter to it's horrible game design? Nope, not at all...
Nay, good sir! Battlefield: Bad Company 2 sniping is the closest thing we have, if a person with a Sniper Rifle is far enough away from a Target, they must aim above the head, and a little forward, in order to factor in bullet fall and travel time.

Does this make for realism? Yes. Does it make for fun gaming? No, not really... at least in the eyes of the general populous.
Devleoper Infinity Ward and Publisher Activision got into a gigantic legal battle quickly after the release of MW2. This resulted in many of the lead designers and the chief of Infinity Ward have to leave the studio, quickly followed by other higher-ups in the company.
You don't get how big business works, do you? MW2 released and people complained, they released a patch which led to new exploits. Once again people complained. So a year and a half passes and a few high ups in IW get fired... almost immediately after
a patch is released for MW2 fixing some hacks and glitches, improving the game to a state of almost being tolerable. Coincidence? I think not.
Showing 376-390 of 3990