ForumsWEPRSuicide

262 71577
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Is it ever acceptable?
Is it cowardice or a cry for help?
Some cultures accepted it as something of honor (namely the Japanese military in WWII). Others condemned it (namely the ancient Spartans).
Share your thoughts and opinions here.

• 262 Replies
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Personally, I do not like Suicide and I cannot understand the mentality. I have been through loneliness, heart break, and all these symptoms of arousal of Suicide, yet I never thought about it. I have never thought of ending my life because I have hardships.

Unfortunately, today's younger society struggles with this. I don't understand the mentality, so some informing would be ideal; but I do wish it would stop. Life has many troubles, and that is half the experience of life!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

that u would save the world You would not be the first one because it was extremely contagious and dangerous disease

I'm guessing you have never heard of a hypothetical situation before?

Publish a book about ur life and why u were going to commit suicide

What in the-....when did I claim I was going to commit suicide?!
TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

People think that suicide will relieve them of the pains of life. People look on their lives too harshly, people think they get it rough and they can't take it. But thats life, and someone out there always has it harder then you. And if that person didn't hang themself, then why should they?

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Use the quote button. Highlight what you want quoted and click the blue quote button once, like you did in that last post.

i do but what if they are side by side

IIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIII

He above me is right
Max000_Extreme
Max000_Extreme
113 posts
Peasant

This should be made legal

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

This should be made legal

What is it that you're talking about?

What do you guys think of the recent suicides that have been happening in the US? First that Amanda girl and now this girl.
I find them ridiculous. Teenage girls that have plenty to live for ending their own lifes due to their own stupid decisions.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,251 posts
Regent

Personally, I do not like Suicide and I cannot understand the mentality. I have been through loneliness, heart break, and all these symptoms of arousal of Suicide, yet I never thought about it. I have never thought of ending my life because I have hardships.

It's not a few hardships that will make you want to end your life.. depression is not a more intensive blues, it's different as it is a real mental trouble and one that has never been depressed cannot quite imagine how it feels exactly.

Unfortunately, today's younger society struggles with this. I don't understand the mentality, so some informing would be ideal; but I do wish it would stop. Life has many troubles, and that is half the experience of life!

Maybe there's a phenomenon I am not aware of, but I'd doubt that suicide has only risen lately... it's probably as old as civilization.

People think that suicide will relieve them of the pains of life.

Do they now? I'd say they rather simply want to end their misery. Notice the small nuance?

People look on their lives too harshly, people think they get it rough and they can't take it. But thats life, and someone out there always has it harder then you. And if that person didn't hang themself, then why should they?

As I said above... depression is a mental problem, it's not just feeling a bit more low than usual. Of course what you say is true, but it won't help those who want to end their lives. You gotta take care of them and show them attention, not make fun of them or tell them they're idiots.

I find them ridiculous. Teenage girls that have plenty to live for ending their own lifes due to their own stupid decisions.

Here again, as far as I know, they, or one of them, have been made fun of everywhere they got.. noone supported them.. in such a situation, calling them silly and talking logic won't help. A suicidal person doesn't think the same way a healthy person does. And personally I feel like everyone who has made fun of them is accessary to their death.
christopher122
christopher122
19 posts
Nomad

Suicide should not be shunned by society. It is a very serious problem within modern societies and awareness should raised.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

People think that suicide will relieve them of the pains of life.

they are right tho.
when your dead, you dont have the pains of life.
there will be nothing so no problems either. (or the religious version: in "heaven" everything is good)
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

(or the religious version: in "heaven" everything is good)

he is right but in hell everything is bad so do not kill your self to try and teach someone a lesson
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,251 posts
Regent

Suicide should not be shunned by society. It is a very serious problem within modern societies and awareness should raised.

Exactly. It is still seen as a weak and coward act by those who have no idea how it is to live in their situation, and this only makes things worse. And it is also true that there are many more suicides than one may think at first.

he is right but in hell everything is bad so do not kill your self to try and teach someone a lesson

I don't think they wanna teach someone a lesson. They just wanna end the hell they are living through, because they don't have the force to live it anymore. And the perspective of hell after death, in that situation, probably doesn't frighten them much anymore.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

It's not a few hardships that will make you want to end your life.. depression is not a more intensive blues, it's different as it is a real mental trouble and one that has never been depressed cannot quite imagine how it feels exactly.

Yea, I still don't buy it. I have been through hard stuff, feeling unloved, lonely, abused (not Physically), yet I never thought about Suicide. I have discussed my issue with people to and they said they would have killed themselves by now, yet I haven't. And I have been depressed from my issues before. I never thought of killing myself. Wishing I was never born, yes. Attempting to kill myself, never gonna happen.

Maybe there's a phenomenon I am not aware of, but I'd doubt that suicide has only risen lately... it's probably as old as civilization.

Im sure it has been in cultures for many years, hell, just look at Hara-Kari.... and to be honest, and I am speaking of my opinion and I am sorry if this is offensive to anyone, but I think that Suicide is an act of stupidity. Ending your life over depression? People go through it all the time, I know lots of people who get depression yet they never wanted to kill themselves. I think it is an act of immaturity.

There is not to much I can say about this...

Here again, as far as I know, they, or one of them, have been made fun of everywhere they got.. noone supported them.. in such a situation, calling them silly and talking logic won't help. A suicidal person doesn't think the same way a healthy person does. And personally I feel like everyone who has made fun of them is accessary to their death.

Your right, calling them silly is wrong. In times like that, making fun of someone who is Suicidal is like putting Gasoline in an open fire. It will just grow and grow till it consumes itself. At times like this, Suicide would be logical, but this all depends on how strong you are and how much your value your life. I value it almost more then anything, so me not being suicidal while being depressed makes sense.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

he is right but in hell everything is bad

if someone would believe that then he or she wont kill themself whitout asking god forgiveness for that sin 1st. meaning they end up in heaven anyway.
so do not kill your self to try and teach someone a lesson

that would be just stupid.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

thats wright and thats what happens but HE is the only one who can make life and take life

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,251 posts
Regent

thats wright and thats what happens but HE is the only one who can make life and take life

Obviously not, or we wouldn't be talking about suicide. But by saying that, you are completely denying any responsability, saying that it is all their fault. Open your eyes, those people need help, not a lecture on your opinions.
Showing 226-240 of 262