ForumsThe TavernThe 'Rant' Thread

297 59491
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Basically just a thread to rant about anything and everything. I won't bore you with rules or anything, just remember to stick to the community guidelines and don't let this get out of hand

• 297 Replies
bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
290 posts
Scribe

oh yeah, I forgot about that. oops, well, I was wrong about that part. sorry.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I think that falls under Agnostic

Oh! Thanks, that was what I was thinking of...just couldn't remember it for some reason :P
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Commercials on Youtube are getting waaaay too long. I was going to watch a vid, but the commercial was over 1:30 (longer than the vid I wanted to watch) with no option to skip. I've seen others that were 4:00 long, but luckily had a skip option.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Commercials on Youtube are getting waaaay too long. I was going to watch a vid, but the commercial was over 1:30 (longer than the vid I wanted to watch) with no option to skip. I've seen others that were 4:00 long, but luckily had a skip option.

I couldn't agree more with that statement. The adds on Youtube=dreadfully time consuming and overall annoying.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Read teh comments while the painful ads are on, it's what most people do.

I know. Some of them are hilarious, though.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I really can't stand it when you have an idea or want something and then when you do/ get it, it doesn't work out all that great.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Also, thank you for this thread, Joe, it's good for letting things out.

No problem.
A lot of what you said was pretty spot on too.
Another thing that grinds my gears (going back to Family Guy here) is when noobs to the site come on and say stuff like...
'Please don't double post'
or
'That's spam, I will contact a mod'.
It's just really annoying, because people who haven't been around for long act like they're telling a real new person what to do.
Hopefully I said that right, it was a bit hard to word.
jstevensgt
jstevensgt
110 posts
Nomad

There is no silver bullet and frankly you probably donât need one. It is far more important to be able to find the right kind of gun, be able to load the gun ⦠and perhaps most importantly, be able to figure out where the werewolf is.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Hopefully I said that right, it was a bit hard to word.

You worded it just fine. I agree. It's kind of ironic when they type "Please don't spam" for their post without realizing that they themselves are also spamming.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I guess I'll talk about the transition to AG3 that will be happening anytime now. What I don't really understand is why people care so much about armor points, the little hat, nor the number next to the things you've done around the site. I mean, do those things mean so much to you? Well, I guess if you do nothing but strive to gain more and more armor points it does, but really, a little number and rank doesn't matter. Can you not live without having those things? Do you care so much about your e-peen? It's so trivial, it's not like you can do anything with those little numbers nor the rank in life, so why should it matter? What are you going to do when you need a job? "Oh hey! I'm rank number [insert numbers] on Armor Games and have over ten thousand armor points!" Employer: "What the blue hell are you talking about? That has nothing to do with this job and it's just a little rank and number, it won't help you whatsoever."

Yeah.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Now, what can I say about this community. Well, it's not as good as it was several months ago when I started posting here, it's degenerated.

I agree. Well, sort of. This is just me but I've been spending less time in the forums because threads aren't really interesting me.
It has gotten an influx of newcomers, they just usually spam and stuff that bothers the community.

Newcomers don't know much. They really should be reading the rules and guidelines. And checking for any other threads that are similar to theirs that they want to make before posting it. Too many duplicate threads these days. And it's like, "Wtf dude, reading the freakin' rules!"
I guess since this community is so **** strict it has driven away all the wonderful regulars that used to post often

There are different consequences with each offense.

Spam is, warn, day ban, 3 days, 7 days, and perma.
Plagiarism is automatic perma.

I think that is how it goes. Correct me if I'm wrong. And about trolling/flaming how the banning system goes with it. I don't remember.

And for all I know, I don't think any regulars have quit since it started to become more strict.
Why must it be so strict?

Why? Because they're doing their jobs. It's part of maintain this site. Also, the rules are the rules if you can't deal with it, there is an exit.
Another thing that grinds my gears (going back to Family Guy here) is when noobs to the site come on and say stuff like...
'Please don't double post'
or
'That's spam, I will contact a mod'.

True stuff, true stuff bro. Whenever they post, "I'll contact a mod," it means they're spamming and off-topic as well. Who gives if it's a dup or whatever just report to a mod/admin to lock it and ignore the thread.
What I don't really understand is why people care so much about armor points, the little hat, nor the number next to the things you've done around the site. I mean, do those things mean so much to you?

Yeah, some people aren't so excited but AG3 because their AP will vanish completely done to the new system. And that's freakin' BS to me. If you get a new rank or you're in the monthly or lifetime leaderboard, you will NOT get any prize but people still care...*sighs*
It's so trivial, it's not like you can do anything with those little numbers nor the rank in life, so why should it matter? What are you going to do when you need a job? "Oh hey! I'm rank number [insert numbers] on Armor Games and have over ten thousand armor points!"

They usually do it to get their bragging rights. Seriously though what is there to brag about? You have 10k points. Cool story bro. To add to it, people spam for it too! Yay!
Employer: "What the blue hell are you talking about? That has nothing to do with this job and it's just a little rank and number, it won't help you whatsoever."

Lol, "What the 'blue' hell?"
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

This is just me but I've been spending less time in the forums because threads aren't really interesting me.

Same here, and I've been busy, so I don't have much time for the Internet. Well, instead of us complaining about non-interesting threads, we should create them. However, that's difficult. I've tried creating threads in the past and I posted in them often, but they get pushed back because people don't like reading things that are of one paragraph or more, short attention span.
Newcomers don't know much. They really should be reading the rules and guidelines. And checking for any other threads that are similar to theirs that they want to make before posting it. Too many duplicate threads these days. And it's like, "Wtf dude, reading the freakin' rules!"

Yeah. It'd benefit them a lot if they actually read and lurked around the site for about an hour before getting involved in the community.
Spam is, warn, day ban, 3 days, 7 days, and perma.

On some occasions I've seen some people get banned for a day without warning, and they didn't spam that much.
And for all I know, I don't think any regulars have quit since it started to become more strict.

I don't know much about that time, but from what I've read and heard of what people say, they say it was much more enjoyable one-two years ago. Perhaps they left because they saw where Armor Games was going, or something else.
Why? Because they're doing their jobs. It's part of maintain this site. Also, the rules are the rules if you can't deal with it, there is an exit.

I'm not saying it's bad to have rules on the site, I'm saying people should lighten up with them. From what I've seen, most of the people on this site are young teenagers, so they don't really know right from wrong, and if you instantly ban them for doing something little, then that'll just drive people away rather than keeping people here. If someone does something like write out posts below seven words often, then a thing to do is to warn them first, then if they keep doing it, then you take action. From what I've seen on here, it's normally ban first warn later, rather than warn first ban later. I mean, if this place was like Kongregate then I'd hate it, since they are too lenient over there. However, Armor Games is too strict, it would be better if they lightened up on some things. I know it's their "job" to maintain the site, but certain things don't have to be taken so strictly. I like the rules of the site, but I think there should be some more leniency. I mean, it could be more like real life, something like the real laws or in school since most people here are teenagers. Such as, getting a warning (ticket) before any action is taken against the person who broke a rule or rules.
Yeah, some people aren't so excited but AG3 because their AP will vanish completely done to the new system. And that's freakin' BS to me. If you get a new rank or you're in the monthly or lifetime leaderboard, you will NOT get any prize but people still care...*sighs*

They usually do it to get their bragging rights. Seriously though what is there to brag about? You have 10k points. Cool story bro. To add to it, people spam for it too! Yay!

I know, at first I would laugh at the people who cared about it, but since people do it so much, or rather, used to, it got a bit irritating reading that stuff. I bet once AG3 is out people will be creating threads like "Where's my AP!?!?!" then I'll just laugh because they care so much about it.
"What the 'blue' hell?"

Who in the blue hell are you?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Pardon me, but do you mind if I change the subject to something more annoying?

Remember back in the day when 'tuning your voice' meant practicing for hours, instead of flipping a switch? And '2-D' movies were not considered to be 'flat', because your mind was developed enough to tell you that cars and people have depth? People don't have depth anymore. The problem is that nothing modern has depth anymore. Take 3-D movies, for example: it's truely just an illusion. Auto-tune is an illusion of talent. In the past, music was used to inspire people and send a message, tell a worthwhile story, or create emotions. Now it's all about partying and getting drunk in clubs. Ray Bradbury was right when he said that emotion, thought, and reasoning would be systematically drained from society. He was also correct when he claimed that technology would almost completely disconnect people from each other physically. Personally, I am ashamed that society has fallen so far. People can no longer think for themselves. They blindly follow the media. They don't make rational decisions. They are emotionally numb. They have no sense.

If AG is banned or blacklisted by the government in the near future solely because of what I have posted here, I am truely and deeply sorry.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Same here, and I've been busy, so I don't have much time for the Internet. Well, instead of us complaining about non-interesting threads, we should create them. However, that's difficult. I've tried creating threads in the past and I posted in them often, but they get pushed back because people don't like reading things that are of one paragraph or more, short attention span.

I've created some threads. But it was a long time ago. One was pretty successful. It was a Colony 2 ideas and stuff. I believe it got like 34 pages. Yeah...I've been complaining too much even though I can't even make a thread. Because I don't want too. On CT I got into an argument with pH on who should make a doodle thread in the AMW. Frank ended up making it.
Yeah. It'd benefit them a lot if they actually read and lurked around the site for about an hour before getting involved in the community.

Yes, yes it would. It's still a lot to read. But if they got a basic idea on not to spam/troll/flame, posts/comments should be 7 words long, what are merits, how to get merits, Armor points and how to get them, ranks, and how many points you need to get the rank. Then it'd be a-okay to me. Because most of them ask the common questions.
I don't know much about that time, but from what I've read and heard of what people say, they say it was much more enjoyable one-two years ago. Perhaps they left because they saw where Armor Games was going, or something else.

I've got to admit it was much better when Carlie was around. That's just me. I don't know if they quit when they saw the way AG was headed.
and if you instantly ban them for doing something little, then that'll just drive people away rather than keeping people here.

Yep, and back then they used to give warnings and a 'don't do this again'. And it seems that now it's like:

Newcomer: *spams*
Automatic ban...boom
I know, at first I would laugh at the people who cared about it, but since people do it so much, or rather, used to, it got a bit irritating reading that stuff. I bet once AG3 is out people will be creating threads like "Where's my AP!?!?!" then I'll just laugh because they care so much about it.

I know right? I'd probably say, "It's AG3 now, we've gotten a new system. The staff can't do anything to help you now. So stop whining about losing you're AP and move on. Deal with it. And if you get move on, there is an exit right there in front of you." That would totally let off some steam.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Well, I just had an idea for a new rant:

People who pretend/ think they know everything

Usually, if people think they know more than other people, they tend to think they are 'better' and treat the other person like they're dumb. It just ticks me off because those people are so ignorant and conceited.
Well, I'm going to call this an [/rant]

Showing 31-45 of 297