ForumsThe TavernThe 'Rant' Thread

297 59493
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Basically just a thread to rant about anything and everything. I won't bore you with rules or anything, just remember to stick to the community guidelines and don't let this get out of hand

• 297 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

You find yourself in a place covered by snow. To the south of you is what looks like a forest, while the north leads to an ocean. Off in the distance beyond the forest is what looks like a small town. What do you do?

The NFL lockout ended today.

What really pisses me off is people who say FTW.

What's so bad about FTW (meaning for the win)?
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

The NFL lockout ended today.

Thats good stuff indeed. Indeed it could be called FTW.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I just realized a fail in my last post. This is the first thing I quoted:

You find yourself in a place covered by snow. To the south of you is what looks like a forest, while the north leads to an ocean. Off in the distance beyond the forest is what looks like a small town. What do you do?

That came from my RPG in Forum Games, and the end of the NFL lockout has nothing to do with my RPG. This is what I meant to quote:

All these lock-outs in sports also got me pissed. The athletes are already as over-paid as you can get, and there arguing with the owners over more money? You have enough god**** money as it is, it's not like you can't feed your family like some families. And it's not just the NFL, the NBA starting to have this issue. Just be happy with what you got, I say.
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

People who don't associate themselves with religion aren't necessarily atheists as long as they are open to the possibility of a God(s). I forget what they call that, but there's a word

THANK YOU Joe96! My friends aren't veto at all to the possibility of a god/s. They don't not believe in god, they just haven't picked a religion yet.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

If I was an owner, I'd pull a Reagen and say 'Get back to your training, or your fired.'

Its hard, but its fair. I fail to see how making millions of dollars is akin to 'modernday slavery'.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

All these lock-outs in sports also got me pissed. The athletes are already as over-paid as you can get, and there arguing with the owners over more money? You have enough god**** money as it is, it's not like you can't feed your family like some families. And it's not just the NFL, the NBA starting to have this issue. Just be happy with what you got, I say.

Actually if you get injured and say blow out your Achilles and have to leave the team you are stuck with no benefits and you have to deal with finding another career. Not to mention not everyone in the NFL is making the 45 million a year contracts others do.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

It means that is better stock food than work. If you work you win more food. If you eat, however, you don't get more food. And when you finish work you have food to eat. All I know that this statement look better in portuguese :P

I mean: It means that is better stock food than stock work.
razinskie
razinskie
120 posts
Nomad

Legalize it baby, legalize. Lets grow our own and use tht drug money!

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

People who pretend/ think they know everything

Same here I dislike does people. The know it all's. Every single human being makes mistakes even the smartest person in the world. They might not make mistakes a lot but they still do. It's part of life. You can't stop it...
The problem, as I see it, isn't that AG has gotten stricter. Its the influx of newer users that has forced AG to become stricter.

Hm...that might be part of the problem. They want AP so they do everything they can think of.

Well, good thing the NFL lockout has ended. What a relief...And then the NBA lockout comes, some players decide to play in Turkey. Most of the people don't even have 1,000,000 dollars. They should be happy.
I hate the way that the government is handling this country. The two parties feel they have to argue over every god**** thing, and now with a debt crisis, there sticking to this. No body ****ing cares what party your on, just get the crisis solved! Plus half the parties don't even do half of what they say. If the rent is too **** high party ran for the presidency, they'd have my vote.

Yeah, we're all human beings. Why not work together? Rather than arguing about doing this or that every single day. Combine both party ideas. It's like they think they're right and everybody else is wrong. It should not work that way.

For example, working as a team helps win a game. But if one player tries to make the spotlight and not following the concept of the play it just messes the whole thing up and the team ends up losing. After that, here comes all the blaming.
What really pisses me off is people who say FTW.

So if I say Armor games FTW then you will get pissed off? Dude...
Actually if you get injured and say blow out your Achilles and have to leave the team you are stuck with no benefits and you have to deal with finding another career. Not to mention not everyone in the NFL is making the 45 million a year contracts others do.

Isn't a million dollars enough?
Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,079 posts
Nomad

Here's another rant I would like to add.

Alright so we've all heard about the bombing and the shooting in Norway right? How almost 80 people are dead? And we've also heard about Amy Winehouse dying. Now I've seen a thread honoring this drug addicted pop singer, but not A SINGLE ONE highlighting the terrorist attacks in Norway. How is it that one life outweighs 76? How does fame and money cause this Amy Winehouse to receive more public attention than the innocents who died? Now I realize that death happens, that it's inevitable and you should not dwell upon it, but I am not dwelling upon death itself. I'm dwelling upon outright ignorance of things greater than self interest. Surely those people in Norway were not famous, but they had families that mourn them. 76 mourning families seem more important to me than one rich and famous mourning family.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

[quote]
Actually, I found one hereurl.
In the WEPR section of the forum, but I do agree that it's more of a tragedy that all those people died and yet people are making an equal deal about one drugged up celebrity.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Oops, forgot I wanted to make a quote...anyway I don't think I even ever heard of Amy Winehouse before a few days ago.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

@Sarthra21:

There is a thread for the attack in Norway. Just look in the WEPR section.

@Joe96:

Apparently she was very talented? I don't know about that but last time she performed, she was booed off the stage in Israel. And she was made fun of in Disaster movie at the beginning.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

I had a boy I had dated for a long time, and we were going 'steady' i guess. But for no reason he stopped calling me and then when I call to break up with him, he beats me to the punch line. He finally picks up the phone and the fist thing he says after hello is , 'Oh yeah I want to break up"
I found out on Sunday that while we were going out he was having sex with his ex girlfriend. It makes me want to punch something. AHH! >:'(

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I had a boy I had dated for a long time, and we were going 'steady' i guess. But for no reason he stopped calling me and then when I call to break up with him, he beats me to the punch line. He finally picks up the phone and the fist thing he says after hello is , 'Oh yeah I want to break up"
I found out on Sunday that while we were going out he was having sex with his ex girlfriend. It makes me want to punch something. AHH!
>:'(

Relax... you're better than he is. And you was on your way to break up with him anyway: the fact that he was sleeping with his ex just accelerated the process. You don't need him. You can find a better one.

Good luck.
Showing 61-75 of 297