ForumsThe TavernThe 'Rant' Thread

297 59497
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Basically just a thread to rant about anything and everything. I won't bore you with rules or anything, just remember to stick to the community guidelines and don't let this get out of hand

• 297 Replies
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

@Joe96: Yeah. this is annoying, indeed. The worst thing happens when they correct you on every single word you say.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The problem, as I see it, isn't that AG has gotten stricter. Its the influx of newer users that has forced AG to become stricter. When I joined in '09, there was a thread for 'What should AG do when we get 200,000 Users?'. It was loads smaller. Look at the forum games, for example. Last post on the page was 15 minutes ago. Used to be that it'd take two days of no activity to bump you off the first page. And the AMW. Every Mary Jane who rhymes a word feels the need to make a new thread every time they make a new poem. I feel you should only make a thread if you're going to update it regularly.

So, I blame the n00bs. :/

Who in the blue hell are you?

I'm the WCW Champion, sucka.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

What you said does sound more reasonable.

I'm the WCW Champion, sucka.

Just so The Matrix understands this, you're the WCW Champion sucker?
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Im pretty mad right about my job. Basically I mostly clean windows on the college campus. Except for the last 2 weeks of july and the first 2 of august when the Green Bay packers come to the college and my group gets to get everything ready. But there is a lockout right so we dont even know if they are coming till later this week. So what does our boss do? She makes us hustle and finish everything today in the 90 plus weather going up and down stairs with towels and linens and bed sheets. We ask her, "Why not hold off since the deal isnt finished till wednesday?" She says "Oh no we gotta get this finished right now so grab that stack of towels and run it to third floor." This went on for eight hours today.And you know what I see on Sports Center when I get home? Training camps dont start till Wednesday possibly Thursday. Stupid boss made us work twice as hard as needed and now we will just sit around because we got done too early. Thanks boss you rock.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

@CommanderDude7

Your boss looks like my mother:

"Store what to eat and not what to do."

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Just so The Matrix understands this, you're the WCW Champion sucker?

Winning.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

@CommanderDude7

Your boss looks like my mother:

I dont understand this statement.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

[quote]"Store what to eat and not what to do."

I dont understand this statement.[/quote]

I think it means you're supposed to make sure not to procrastinate and to keep your refrigerator full. Maybe. Not sure.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

@commanderdude7
I hate it when people tell you to do something, and then when you're done... "Oops, I goofed. Oh well."

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

I hate the way that the government is handling this country. The two parties feel they have to argue over every god**** thing, and now with a debt crisis, there sticking to this. No body ****ing cares what party your on, just get the crisis solved! Plus half the parties don't even do half of what they say. If the rent is too **** high party ran for the presidency, they'd have my vote.

All these lock-outs in sports also got me pissed. The athletes are already as over-paid as you can get, and there arguing with the owners over more money? You have enough god**** money as it is, it's not like you can't feed your family like some families. And it's not just the NFL, the NBA starting to have this issue. Just be happy with what you got, I say.

more ranting to come...

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

I hate the way that the government is handling this country. The two parties feel they have to argue over every god**** thing, and now with a debt crisis, there sticking to this. No body ****ing cares what party your on, just get the crisis solved! Plus half the parties don't even do half of what they say. If the rent is too **** high party ran for the presidency, they'd have my vote.

All these lock-outs in sports also got me pissed. The athletes are already as over-paid as you can get, and there arguing with the owners over more money? You have enough god**** money as it is, it's not like you can't feed your family like some families. And it's not just the NFL, the NBA starting to have this issue. Just be happy with what you got, I say.

I couldn't agree more with all of that.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

^^@Waluigi
Yeah, I'm hearing something about one week to fix our budget before we go under ._.
It's like, really though, how do these people get us over $14 trillion in debt?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

August 2 is supposedly the day we default.

It's like, really though, how do these people get us over $14 trillion in debt?

Excessive spending on both sides of the aisle, lack of a balanced budget amendment, and the mindset of 'I'll let the next guy take care of it'.

Meanwhile, me and my generation get taxed to hell when we grow up.

When Castro took over, Cubans fled to America. If America falls, where do we go? Canada? Being on top has its disadvantages sometimes.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I dont understand this statement.

I think it means you're supposed to make sure not to procrastinate and to keep your refrigerator full. Maybe. Not sure.

It means that is better stock food than work. If you work you win more food. If you eat, however, you don't get more food. And when you finish work you have food to eat. All I know that this statement look better in portuguese :P
runner928
runner928
56 posts
Nomad

What really pisses me off is people who say FTW.

Showing 46-60 of 297