ForumsThe TavernThe 'Rant' Thread

297 59629
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Basically just a thread to rant about anything and everything. I won't bore you with rules or anything, just remember to stick to the community guidelines and don't let this get out of hand

• 297 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I hate it when you go through spider webs that you don't see and then you feel them all over and you can't get them off. That happened to me a few times when I went into my basement and my old shed.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I hate it when people do something bad to you and are offended when you do it back.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I hate it when people do something bad to you and are offended when you do it back.

I know, it's like they're saying "what the heck?" and then you're like "I just did what you did" and then they're like "You're such a jerk" and being a baby about it.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Now I'll talk about popular media, such as video games, consoles, movies, and television.

As for video games, most video games I've played recently on the new generation consoles seem to only focus on graphics. While on the previous generation consoles such as the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube they focused more on the gameplay rather than trying to give pretty art. On these new generation consoles it's simply graphics, rather than trying to give a good plot. Most video games I've played can be completed easily in about two-six hours, while on the older consoles video games took much longer to complete. I'm disappointed in what video games have turned into. This has to be the main reason as to why I play most video games on the PlayStation 2. Don't get me wrong, I know there are video games out there on the new consoles that do have a good plot, however, there's not many.

The new consoles bother me because they don't last very long, they only last for about two-five years while the older consoles last for a long time. I've had my PlayStation 2 for about eight-ten years and I've had no problems with it. I take it they're trying to hard to create a perfect console by putting all of those things into the consoles, they're like a computer. I'd rather have a console for gaming rather than what they are now. You have avatars, achievements, Internet access, and many more things that don't necessarily need to be there. I understand that the achievements and Internet access can be convenient, but I'd rather have a console solely for gaming rather than that stuff. From what I've seen of people, they care about getting achievements rather than playing video games for fun. As for the Internet access, I understand how that can be useful, but it's not really needed. All these companies had to do with the consoles were make them better with the specifications, software, hardware, and some other things. They didn't have to completely revamp the consoles. With all those things in the consoles, I think that's why they don't last long.

I went to a movie theater about two weeks ago, I don't remember the name of the movie I watched, but it wasn't as good as the older movies I watch. Most of the new movies I see these days seem to only focus on the graphics, and they have a terrible plot. The movies just have great cinematic effects, while the plot is lacking. I'd also like to point out that most movies these days are available in 3D. I don't really understand why. Why would you want to watch a movie where everything is coming out at you? It's possible that it may be exciting, but that's not what I, and many others watch movies for. We like to watch a movie for a great plot and entertainment. I understand that some movies do deserve to be in 3D, but not all of them. Why would you watch a crime film in 3D? It doesn't make much sense.

I went on a few cartoon stations a few days ago, such as Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Disney. I'm very disappointed in these cartoon stations. Nowadays cartoons seem to only focus on trying to make people laugh, but they try to hard, and these cartoons don't even have a plot. Also, there are reality shows on these cartoon stations. I don't really understand that. I understand that reality shows can be cartoons, but these are far from that. It seems like these cartoon stations are more focused on teenagers rather than children. What happened to all those wonderful cartoons on these cartoon stations? Did they decide that they're not good anymore and just stopped broadcasting them? Or did they have to make more room for all these terrible cartoons? I think Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Disney should've made stations solely for those old cartoon stations. I know there's already something like that, such as Boomerang, Disney XD, and Nick Toons, however, there's not many old cartoons on those stations. It's usually a few shows that broadcast for hours, rather than trying to get all the wonderful older cartoons on there. Some older cartoons I enjoyed watching when I was younger include; Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Aaaah! Real Monsters!, Two Stupid Dogs, Johnny Bravo, Scooby Doo, Recess, Catdog, House of Mouse, Xialon Showdown, The Flinstones, The Jetsons, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond, X-Men, Spiderman, Superman, Batman, Dexter's Laboratory, Thundercats, He-Man, Looney Tunes, Duck Dodgers, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and many more cartoons. I can't remember them all right now. I still watch some of these cartoons online, but I don't have much time for them due to me doing other things online. It'd be great if they put these back on television.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Why would you watch a crime film in 3D? It doesn't make much sense.

Of course it doesn't make sense, they do it for teh money.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Going along with the media rant, I agree.
Especially the news channels! ABC, NBC, and all those channels load their stations up with cheap shows that get cancelled before the first season even ends.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Thank god it's still available on-demand. I'm watching it right now. It's still awesome.
Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

I hate those new shows on CN called "Destroy Build Destroy" and "Dude What Would Happen?" Instead of actually teaching kids about how stuff works or how to build mechanical things, it just shows stuff blowing up...

gamesarmor1
gamesarmor1
61 posts
Nomad

Wow the rants are impressive in length. Wish I had that much to talk about. =(

gamesarmor1
gamesarmor1
61 posts
Nomad

The animated TV shows back then has original plots but the TV shows nowadays are kind of annoying like how Family Guy has a ton of fillers and a bunch of flashbacks. This goes for a lot of other animated shows.

A lot of shows now have ripped-off plots of other shows like Family Guy ripped on the Simpsons, South Park uses things from the world and makes it a joke.

What really ticks me off is that some shows use a movie and they add a bunch of stuff to it, First, it makes the movie look bad and unoriginal, also it takes the story of that movie and uses it for the show.

I'm Done.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

^ A lot of media today is pretty much the same. I can't think of one movie that I can't say "I haven't seen people do that before". It seems like most plots follow the same general order and to go for any change, things would have to be really out there.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

The old movies that were a kick in the jaw to other movies (like the Dollars Trillogy was almost an insult to the run-of-the-mill John Wayne classics) became well-known and famous for their originality. They don't make movies/shows like that

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

I can't think of one movie that I can't say "I haven't seen people do that before". It seems like most plots follow the same general order and to go for any change, things would have to be really out there.

Exactly. Not everything can be original. After all, copying is the best form of flattery.
-----

The opposite sex. An enigma. Why do they treat you like their 'best friend' one day, and the other they don't even notice you? And why do they love drama so much? If drama is what is making their life complicated then why feed it?
Also, another thing. They sum the a whole gender based off of one stereotypical, shallow boy. I don't want to hear it. Just because one guy is shallow, our whole gender is? "I hate men" they say. If you hate them so much, why are you constantly looking for a relationship?

kthnxbai.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

^ Not all girls are like that, just the ones that have the "I'm-a-cheerleader-so-that-makes-me-extra-special" mindset. I'm friends with a bunch of girls and they don't seem dramatic like that. Just get to know them a bit, small talk, and you should be fine.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

They sum the a whole gender based off of one stereotypical, shallow boy.

Just because one guy is shallow, our whole gender is? "I hate men" they say.

You just did the exact same thing.

1. I'm female.
2. I never ditch friends.
3. I hate drama.
Showing 91-105 of 297