ForumsNews and FeedbackHas anybody noticed...

57 14656
jerrymouse295
jerrymouse295
6 posts
Nomad

Armor Games v3 sounds like Kongregate. The search is like Kong and I heard something about ACHIEVEMENTS. I don't know, but another gaming website that I've been to has something very similar that...

• 57 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

AG and Kong are practically rivals, I'd doubt either would even try to copy the other.

Others have said that the sites aren't rivals, but their users are (reference to the "fanboy war" in this thread).
jerrymouse295
jerrymouse295
6 posts
Nomad

I love Kong and AG very much, I just want something beside their colour scheme to tell them apart. It's like having kids, they look and act more or less different from each other (unless they're twins- then you dress in different colours, like Kongregate and AG3) and that's why love them. I don't wanna to lose one of my favourite children for a Kongregate look-a-like.

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
202 posts
Farmer

Yeah, but how can you know that it was? AG and Kong are practically rivals, I'd doubt either would even try to copy the other.

You'd have to demonstrate that AG didn't know about Kongregate's layout in order to say it was just coincidence or something. It's clear that AG has always been very much aware of Kongregate. 'Nuff said.

I agree with jerrymouse295. We already have one Kongregate so why do we need another? The people who prefer AG to Kongregate come out empty handed.
jerrymouse295
jerrymouse295
6 posts
Nomad

@TharosTheDragon That's not exactly what I'm trying say... I just think people who have a Kong and AG account (like me)will be confused when it's 3am and they've been on the internet since previous 3am (speaking from personally experience) and accidently go to AG3 instead Kongregate or vice versa will be flipping their **** when their favourite aren't the favourites that they put on that website.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

TharosTheDragon That's not exactly what I'm trying say... I just think people who have a Kong and AG account (like me)will be confused when it's 3am and they've been on the internet since previous 3am (speaking from personally experience) and accidently go to AG3 instead Kongregate or vice versa will be flipping their **** when their favourite aren't the favourites that they put on that website.

Well one is blue with a dragon. And the other is red with ants. If you're still to sleepy to tell the differnce, well I'm sure you'll be okay after some rest.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

[randomly butts into conversation]

@TharosTheDragon That's not exactly what I'm trying say... I just think people who have a Kong and AG account (like me)will be confused when it's 3am and they've been on the internet since previous 3am (speaking from personally experience) and accidently go to AG3 instead Kongregate or vice versa will be flipping their **** when their favourite aren't the favourites that they put on that website.

No... The main thing that someone would use to distinguish different things would be color, not "the layout." And even someone who's eyes are completely burned out can probably still read the "A" in Armor and the "K" in Kongregate and tell the difference.

And even though the layouts are almost the same, and so what if AG stole it, who really cares?

Seriously, if you love Kongregate so much, then why don't you guys just stay over there? Because coming here and making a bunch of new accounts just to whine like five year olds doesn't speak much for the site you represent.

That^

The AG layout looks like a better, more colorful, awesomer design, not to mention the coding, which (even though thaboss would have no idea) is apparently better/sleeker. So, yeah.
letgodsortthem
letgodsortthem
84 posts
Scribe

I like the 'mean and lean' look of the current AG version.

New does not equate with better in this case.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Armor Games has been such a fun site for so long. I always loved showing up and seeing all the new games for me to play. I loved seeing when a game took a spot in the list of six popular games. I loved the random games button, but that's besides the point. I loved being able to see 12 games from each category without even having to scroll down the page.

I agree. Really to admit (by looking at Matrix's post on the comparison with AG and Kong's layout), it's like almost the same just with some different wording. Right? It's nice to see 12 new games instead of 3. Or maybe they can just create a games section for recent games.
And now. Armor Games has apparently taken a great deal of effort to make a new site even though there wasn't anything majorly wrong with their old site.

True. I like AG2's little simple website and it's so easy to navigate through the site without looking for this or that.
And what do people say? Some say they love it because of achievements or whatever.

Some people like to whine about losing their AP because it resets it to zero. AP isn't a good reason to dislike AG3. AP is not our life, it's not important. It's here to keep people and put some fun inside of the site.
So yeah. It may sound like I'm overreacting at changes made to a gaming site, but you have to understand how big a part of a person's life a site like this can be. I come here almost every day, and I know I'm not the only one. To remove this part of our lives, to sweep it out from under our feet, is just a little unfair.

Maybe you're raging a tad little bit my friend. I'd just appreciate what they are trying to do and improving the site. I'm not against you but you said that you loved the site. Bring those memories back and calm a bit down. My point is AG has given you good times.
Older users tend to not like AG3, but new users basically want it. In fact, Ernie15 already admitted the inevitability of AG3 and is willing to go with the flow. I happen to be a newer user, and I like AG3, especially with an achievements system.

I would have to admit that is correct. After looking through a few threads about AG3 beta, olders AGers like the way it is and newer users the opposite. But hey everyone has their opinions. I don't think this is a fanboy war. Just yeah...
It's not copying. It's just having a similar design to one that already exists. If the original design was bad, then similar designs would also be bad, but I think AG3 has a good design.

I'm with you on this. AG3 has a great design but it limits the stuff that gives you in AG2.
How is Ernie15 being willing to go with the flow a point in AG3's favor?

Remember this is just the internet and is just a website. He should or everybody should be able to move on. I know you don't like AG3 as much Tharos, but I'm sure if you still stay when it's released you'll get used to it.
Are you saying they weren't influenced by Kongregate? How could you possibly know that?

Pat's point is that it's not plagiarism. There's a difference between plagiarism and copying/have similar ideas. Plagiarism is copying the whole thing without change or implementing more stuff in. Having similar ideas and when you have look alike layouts but not exact.
While I'm confident that the AG Administration is open to suggestions, its improbable to expect them to scrap the project over a non-issue such as similarity in the web pages, or a few users not liking the scheme.

Of course they are open it is beta after all. Getsatisfaction is always your friend.
I don't care about the scheme or originality so much. It's the idea of scrapping an original design that was my favorite on the web and replacing it with an unoriginal design that ditches the old site's advantages. And you have no idea how "few" those users are. It seems like too many people don't speak out and would rather just "go with the flow."

It know it's hard to be the opposition, I respect your opinions. Going with the flow is what most people prefer.
AG and Kong are practically rivals, I'd doubt either would even try to copy the other.

Not exactly. It's just the users who your roughing it out. Both Kong and AG staff have nothing to do with it.
AircraftCarrier
AircraftCarrier
145 posts
Shepherd

This is actually an issue serious enough to be discussed again, especially when kongregate players are calling us names after they saw our "new" homepage.

tl;dr bump.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

especially when kongregate players are calling us names after they saw our "new" homepage.

Because whatever a few angry teenagers say about a homepage of a site is really important, right?
XxDaProxX
XxDaProxX
88 posts
Nomad

Lol they are making the games so we can have fun, hang out and etc...
not to compete against which site is better, just have fun dont worry about other sites. btw in kong Elephant Quest
By ArmorGames
in kong i keep seeing armorgame's games with bad comments like
''get out of our site you have your on site nooob''
''stop getting money from kong, go to your own site''
and btw YOU DONT EVEN GET MONEY lol

Showing 46-56 of 57