ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 146614
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Yup, it's pretty hard to get past Knight's massive ego.

Much appreciated, Captain Obvious.

It would take a LONG time for me to reach you.

Of course. But to be honest, I don't really care about that rubbish now....

So you can shut the hell up Pazx.

This is stupid.It's not about how many AP you have,but what games you play and how much fun you have playing.Iv'e been playing games on this site for over 4 years,but I did'nt actually join until march.Does that mean older users are better than younger ones?I don't think so.

We're talking about our forums, bro.

AMV seems like the cool hangout, but I stopped going there. I liked people's works, but nowadays it's just "Look at meh rap" or "A picture by (insert genericnamehere). A lot of respectable users are in the video games section, they just don't venture anywhere else. I'm sure that's true with other forums I don't check.

That's true. But AMVs are anime music videos right?

90% of the people on my friends list are gone or banned.

lol

I've only been on AG for over a year, 2 years in 3 months, but I remember when I first joined, the community was a little bit better. But I still like it. It is quite a bit less active though.

If you were around in late 2008, you would know what we're all talking about.

---

Noticing the discrepancy between the vets' 420 nostalgia and the mods' apparent frustration.. I just have to laugh.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Yes. Yes it was.

Even when I joined, the forums seemed like it was slowly turning into a massive downhill snowball. I stayed around for a couple months just for some of the members of the community. I took a long hiatus, then I came back for a few months because I heard about AG3. Since then I just come here occasionally for a good laugh and post occasionally.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Haha I just remembered that when I signed up, those little buttons on our profiles still worked.

Honestly speaking in the forums I frequent, I don't see much spam, which either means the mods are doing an amazing job (kudos) or that regardless of the communities supposedly downhill trend, the rues are still being appropriately followed. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I'm leaning towards the latter.

*spluttercoughcoughchokecough*
I can't figure out if I should feel a little hurt here or just go on a vacation alongside Gantic and Frank (and probably Nemo too... He pops up every so often) since we are obviously unneeded here.

Though, on that account, I am somewhat unsure how much the previously active mods where doing back in the day. They were more fun-loving and lenient, after all, but whether it is better or worse than now, I don't quite know.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I miss Zophia. And Walker. Not so much Asherlee, but I still wonder why they all just disappeared.

This place was much more fun when multiple mods would actually participate in the same discussions.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Walker stopped by a month's time ago to tell why he hadn't been online for a long while, then he disappeared again. Asherlee is taking a long summer vacation from the internet because of her job, Voidy is having issues with his computer for the hundredth time, Strop is a doctor, but actually does pop in once in a while to gather all the praise, Zophia is busy with un-messing her life.
Technically I think the rest of us are busy too, we are just too stupid/stubborn to let it bother us.

And it was more fun. Mods can be fun. I think... I might have to check with the others on that one.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

*spluttercoughcoughchokecough*
I can't figure out if I should feel a little hurt here or just go on a vacation alongside Gantic and Frank (and probably Nemo too... He pops up every so often) since we are obviously unneeded here.

Haha, I'm so sorry, that was supposed to be former, you see why we need an edit function. Although considering the reaction I think it was worth it.

And Mods can totally be fun, when they have the time to participate atleast.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Zophia. And Walker

Aww, never met them.

This place was much more fun when multiple mods would actually participate in the same discussions.

Well, that's like politics. When the politics participate more in community issues, he gets the sympathy of the population because he's actually participating on the community. That also would happen here if Admins and Mods were more involved, discussing with both the users and themselves. That would also make users mature, and probably make someone cut the "THATIZLIEKAGUDBUK" crap.

The only ones from the Mod squad actually involved with the community at the moment is Cenere, Frank and Gantic (sorta).
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

{sorry for DP, again}

Fixing

[..] When the politicians participate more in community issues, they get the sympathy of the population because they're [...]

Also:

And Mods can totally be fun, when they have the time to participate atleast.

Truth.

Although considering the reaction I think it was worth it.

I... lol'd
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Well Mr.Walker used to participate in the WEPR. I saw him there, but hes not around as much as he used to be.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Well Mr.Walker used to participate in the WEPR. I saw him there, but hes not around as much as he used to be.

That's probably because, according to what these dudes say, the WEPR is repetitive and kinda rubbish these days...
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

That's probably because, according to what these dudes say, the WEPR is repetitive and kinda rubbish these days...

Yes. Yes it is. Mostly with religion topics. Or at least I think so.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Maybe the v3 forums should have a section specifically dedicated to religion, then we can all avoid that mess when need be.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Maybe the v3 forums should have a section specifically dedicated to religion, then we can all avoid that mess when need be.

YOU!

Are a genius.

I agree COMPLETELY with you.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

He is still active, however mainly in the Flash section.

I am?

There should be an "opinion" or "theory" section
Showing 76-90 of 1018