ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 147219
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Of course, you can always redeem yourself.

How, master?

Yea, I'm really new here. -.-

You're being sarcastic, correct?

I guess we're almost going towards the Off topic downhill. This is my greatest unlocked thread so far {Random Facts R.I.P.[Spammers... *tsk, tsk*]}! I don't want it to die!
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Yes, he's being sarcastic.

I think unfortunately that we've exhausted the topic.

In summation, old community was awesome because it was small, new community is full of newbies, who make the older users feel like they're relics of the past, WE ALL MISS TTICA, and... too much spam.

I think that about covers it.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Abbreviations should be spelled out.

Mixed World Tournament. The first Original Character Tournament of AG, the base somewhere for the Way of Moderation, and it ended on time.

And, them people finding spam... Why don't you report it? However I try, I can't (and won't) be everywhere, but when I find short comments, I will delete them...

I do however not have anymore else to discuss either, so unless someone has some awesome point to discuss, or an opinion to share, I guess the time of this thread has run out.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Not necessarily has ran out. There are a few things yet to discuss, like... Carlie, previous mods and seasonal armatars!

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Personally I report the threads, and flag individual posts and comments, unfortunately it seems that flagging doesn't do anything.

johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

Well, here is an archived version of AG: (the way AG looked, later 2007.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Personally I report the threads, and flag individual posts and comments, unfortunately it seems that flagging doesn't do anything.

That's very truth. Back in the Golden AGe, flagging (when needed) helped?

Well, here is an archived version of AG: (the way AG looked, later 2007.

Finding this link is possible site references in AG'S Wikipedia page.

The sad thing about the threads is that, when a quality thread is made, it don't last. But there are other non-quality threads that last months and months until a Necroer bumps it into a zombie form. Also, I'm pretty sure that without this safe-zone, Vets will stop being active, and the new generation of AGers will not learn about the glory days of AG, making these memories to be buried under pages of OP Spam and other AG-Rule-UNfriendly threads.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Personally I've never found flagging to work, but maybe it's just not noticeable.

knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Knight, we are currently trying to figure out what happened to that thread. Apparently no one have any clue of what is going on, and the staff is rather - silent.

Alright.

-----

On a side note, flagging never works. It's rubbish. At least according to my own experience.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Knight, we are currently trying to figure out what happened to that thread. Apparently no one have any clue of what is going on, and the staff is rather - silent.

The staff don't want people to know! They want it to be a secret so the new generations don't find out and create others *ahem* Spam nests.

(just kidding)

Also...

On a side note, flagging never works. It's rubbish. At least according to my own experience.

Yeah. I don't even know why flagging! What happens then? What mods see in flags that we don't?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Personally I've never found flagging to work, but maybe it's just not noticeable.

Flagging a post or comment sends it to the administrators. However, there is only one admin (jroyster22) who actually checks flagged posts/comments. Therefore, flagging is not as effective as it's supposed to be. It does work, just not very well.

I also noticed a conversation about TTICA a few pages back, and I lost some Armor Points, apparently due to the deletion of TTICA. However, I did notice that knight_34 moved down several spots in the leaderboard (he is now #9 instead of #6) as a result of the deletion.

Now to answer the original question, I really can't say since I only joined in February of this year, and then I didn't start posting in the forums until late March (I reached Iron Squire by that time). I was around for the April Fools' joke, and I voted for Cenere while thinking the mod firing was for real.

TL;DR: Flagging works, TTICA was deleted, and I started posting in the forums right before the April Fools' joke began.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Flagging works, TTICA was deleted, and I started posting in the forums right before the April Fools' joke began.

Flagging is crap unless you abuse the function, we already know the TTICA was deleted, the question is why, and good for you.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

we already know the TTICA was deleted, the question is why

This question is very, VERY suspicious... Did thaboss's link had TTICA until it's last page?

Also, why a thread must be necroed to be locked? There are 3 year old+ threads lying around all category's last pages unscathed, clean and inactive.

Also, there was necroing back in THA days?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Also, why a thread must be necroed to be locked? There are 3 year old+ threads lying around all category's last pages unscathed, clean and inactive.

If a thread is too good to be locked in its time, then it will be locked if it's necro'd. However, that does not mean necro all the bad threads.
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

Also, there was necroing back in THA days?

Necroed threads were deleted back then too. There's also a difference between and revived thread and necro'd thread. (Just bringing that up.)
we already know the TTICA was deleted, the question is why

Doesn't matter to me, yeah Knight lost 1k+ posts, yeah I lost about 60, yeah Kyouzou lost whatever. It doesn't matter. Post count isn't important. AP isn't important I should say. TTICA wasn't all of the spark in the forums.
Flagging is crap unless you abuse the function,

Lol, I still report to you and Frank.
Showing 166-180 of 1018