ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

704 155397
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Since this topic hasn't been popping up much, and since the old threads are all so cluttered up, I took the liberty of creating this new one.

So yes, someone asked me for sources about my claims that 1500 species of animals practice homosexual behaviour? Here.

Source 1

Source 2

Now on to one of the sub questions. Is it natural? Well, someone mentioned that it wasn't natural only for humans. Now, why this discrimination? If the Gods of various religions keep throwing and creating people who are homosexual, either a) They're bad factory operators or b) Something is fishy with whatever anti-gay talk religious conservatives swear is sacred.

• 704 Replies
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

holy crap, Kasic is right, this thread jumps ahead way too quickly.

to clarify what I said earlier (somebody else clarified me), I don't want homosexuals to flaunt the fact they are, just like how straight people shouldn't flaunt that they are straight.

gay families should be allowed all that straight ones are, it's as simple as that, and we have no right to try and stop them.

sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

-Blade

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

OKay, I'm going to solidify my position here.

I don't believe homosexuals should be treated as equals.
Others may believe differently, and i respect their opinions on the subject.

Anyone care to find a flaw in that?

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Can I know why you feel that way?. Is there a specific reason why?

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Yes. It's my belief that sexual intercourse should be limited to heterosexual.... For reasons obvious to me.
Including, I don't want the world to go gay. THem having less rights discourages it.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

The world didn't "go gay" back in Spartan times when this was encouraged. Why would that happen now?

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

As human beings they are no different than the rest of the population aside from their sexual preferences. Its not like they can choose to be gay or straight, and to take away their rights would be to make them inequal. Besides, unless its a personal affront to a person, why should they care what their homosexual aquaintances do behind closed doors? Some people just need to get their noses out of other peoples business.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It's my belief that sexual intercourse should be limited to heterosexual....

You won't be forced to have homosexual intercourse, but others aren't entitled to your opinion, others have other beliefs, you should just ignore it and leave them be.

Including, I don't want the world to go gay. THem having less rights discourages it.

The world will never 'go gay', even if you would encourage it. Don't worry, it's not something that spreads like a disease or whatnot. It's perfectly normal, has always been, and will always be. Therefore I don't see any reason to restrict their rights, because it will have no effect except discriminate people and create psychological troubles.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I don't believe homosexuals should be treated as equals.Yes. It's my belief that sexual intercourse should be limited to heterosexual.... For reasons obvious to me.

First of all, homosexuality is not a choice that the people make. They don't choose to be homosexual or heterosexual, it has to do with the amount of testosterone and estrogen received while they are still in their mother's womb. So people really can't be discouraged from being homosexual(although they can be persecuted to the point that they don't dare to admit it). Conversely, people can't just switch to homosexuality from heterosexuality because the former is acceptable.
Second, even if the whole world did "go gay"(not that it would ever happen), so what? I assume that reproduction, continuation of the human race, etc. is your primary concern. It is possible now for two homosexual people to have children, thanks to science. It is also not true that heterosexuals make better parents than homosexuals. Really, the only problem that the children of homosexuals face is teasing and bullying from their peers because of the intolerance and the taboo of homosexuality.
As my closing argument, I would like to move on to something a little less "ethics" and more "logic". Even if the government does decide to illegalize homosexual intercourse, how on Earth do you intend to stop people from having sex!? What are you going to do, install hidden cameras in every bedroom and hotel in the world and then send in SWAT every time you see two people of the same gender getting it on? What you're suggesting is absolutely impossible, and even if it were possible, it would be a massive invasion of privacy, and an equally massive waste of precious government resources.
DarkThirst
DarkThirst
6 posts
Blacksmith

While I disagree with the very idea of homosexuality, I don't use it as a reason to condemn people. Few are entirely sure of what causes it anyways.

I have friends who are bisexual, and I find that some of them are still worthy of respect, while some aren't. Just like straight people. That's enough for me to treat them just as they are - human.

They still have to earn their way through this world like the rest of us, so, they are much the same as us...

And that's just my thoughts on that

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

OKay, I'm going to solidify my position here.
Others may believe differently, and i respect their opinions on the subject.
Anyone care to find a flaw in that?

Well, I can find a few flaws.

Logically, being homosexual makes someone no less of a person than any other, and thus they are entitled to the same treatment.

Ethically, your point of view quite frankly disgusts me, as it should any person who has even the slightest value in equality, fairness, and respect.
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Ethically, your point of view quite frankly disgusts me, as it should any person who has even the slightest value in equality, fairness, and respect.

His profile says he's from Texas. Homophobia is probably the norm, you can't really blame him entirely.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

His profile says he's from Texas. Homophobia is probably the norm, you can't really blame him entirely.

That was below the belt...the Bible Belt that is XD

If homosexuals aren't afforded the same rights as "straight" people, than I am ashamed to be part of something which discriminates against a person just because of who they want to have sex with.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It can be far to easy to find one self on the receiving end of inequality when it's promoted. Really there is no reason to not grant equal rights here. Quite frankly every reason given thus far has been preschool level at best.
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

His profile says he's from Texas

I don't appreciate you stereotyping my state. In fact, I believe that is against the forum rules....

First of all, homosexuality is not a choice that the people make. They don't choose to be homosexual or heterosexual, it has to do with the amount of testosterone and estrogen received while they are still in their mother's womb. So people really can't be discouraged from being homosexual(although they can be persecuted to the point that they don't dare to admit it). Conversely, people can't just switch to homosexuality from heterosexuality because the former is acceptable.
Second, even if the whole world did "go gay"(not that it would ever happen), so what? I assume that reproduction, continuation of the human race, etc. is your primary concern. It is possible now for two homosexual people to have children, thanks to science. It is also not true that heterosexuals make better parents than homosexuals. Really, the only problem that the children of homosexuals face is teasing and bullying from their peers because of the intolerance and the taboo of homosexuality.
As my closing argument, I would like to move on to something a little less "ethics" and more "logic". Even if the government does decide to illegalize homosexual intercourse, how on Earth do you intend to stop people from having sex!? What are you going to do, install hidden cameras in every bedroom and hotel in the world and then send in SWAT every time you see two people of the same gender getting it on? What you're suggesting is absolutely impossible, and even if it were possible, it would be a massive invasion of privacy, and an equally massive waste of precious government resources.

That's your opinion, and I respect that. I never suggested anything be done, I suggested things NOT done.

the Bible Belt

What does the Bible have to do with me, may I inquire?
Pacmanpwner
Pacmanpwner
181 posts
Nomad

All biases aside, I truly think it is wrong to be gay. Not trying to offend anyone, but it seriously is unnatural, I don't care how many species of different animals do it, we are humans, we are civilized, we should know better than to try to mate with the same sex. Again, I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone, or trying to personally attack anyone, but my opinion stands.

Showing 166-180 of 704