ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

704 155398
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Since this topic hasn't been popping up much, and since the old threads are all so cluttered up, I took the liberty of creating this new one.

So yes, someone asked me for sources about my claims that 1500 species of animals practice homosexual behaviour? Here.

Source 1

Source 2

Now on to one of the sub questions. Is it natural? Well, someone mentioned that it wasn't natural only for humans. Now, why this discrimination? If the Gods of various religions keep throwing and creating people who are homosexual, either a) They're bad factory operators or b) Something is fishy with whatever anti-gay talk religious conservatives swear is sacred.

• 704 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

As a Christian, I believe that God created one man and one woman for each other. Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve! While I do think that it is a sin to be a homosexual, I am not intolerant. You get to make that choice, not me. Everyone gets to make their own decisions whether they honor God or not. That's between them and God. And if someone claims to be born gay, I think that is a lie. And even if it can happen, the bible says you can be born-again through Jesus Christ. Therfore gay Christians are an impossibility. But like I said, I am totally against being gay, but I'm not intolerant. If you are gay, I have no say. It's your choice to make and I'll stay out of it.

i know 1 person who is gay and christian. not only, god didnt create a man with a disability. so you want to tell me that being born without being able to move your legs is a sin and a choice as well? god didnt originally create MANY MANY things that exist now. all of them are sins?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I think it's sad that there aren't many where you live.

Where I live it really isn't necessary. I've yet to meet more than 1-2 homophobic people where I live and everyone is pretty open minding about things. The worst I hear about it is, "I don't mind if people are gay so long as they don't come onto me."

Also with the gay pride parade thingy, I wouldn't have gone even if there was one (I'm highly anti-social) but there hasn't even been one that I've heard about to go to anyways.
Llamasushi
Llamasushi
102 posts
Peasant

I live in Australia where same sex marriage is considered illegal. In my biased opinion, I consider this to be STUPID. It's mainly due to political reasons and the masses of people living in Western Sydney lowering the general IQ. for our country.

Anyway, just some points of issues I wanted to raise:

1.If a same-sex couple is married, what will happen if they adopt the child? Should we let them adopt a child? Or not, because of the missing father/ mother? :P

2. Let's assume that people are born gay biologically. People born with a female brain (a small percentage of the male population is born with a female brain also)and are also males have a tendency to become homosexual. People born with a male brain and are female also apply. There are many differences between the female/male brain (which I'm not going to list because it will be off-topic) but this is a major contributing factor. Hormones are also another big contributing factor. Here's some evidence for homosexual birth.

So therefore, if we (as a society) are born without any choice in our circumstances of birth or genetics, why should homosexuals be a shunned part of our society? Even mentally/physically disabled people are allowed to marry legally, (many of them are not born with this disability) but still, homosexuality in the public view is considered unethical and disgusting?

It boggles my mind. In fact, the masses who consume this information and spew it out to all their friends, neighbours and family should also be restricted from gay marriage. By doing this, we could increase the survivability of the human race by increasing the average intelligence.

This is a heavily biased report from Llamasushi. Thankyou for reading, and have a nice day.

P.S I actually found some evidence to contradict my statement of sexual preference due to the environment playing no part in homosexuality. In fact, this could be the case, but at the moment, scientist are leaning more towards the biological (birth) side of the argument, due to it being largely a matter of genetics. Therefore, we can logically assume for now that homosexuals are born gay. Here's the evidence that contradicts me: (Someone please tell me how to link :P)

[url=http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/genetics_of_homosexuality.html]

Llamasushi
Llamasushi
102 posts
Peasant

In fact, the masses who consume this information and spew it out to all their friends, neighbours and family should also be restricted from gay marriage.

Wow, sorry for the double post. Ahrg, an edit button would be so useful right now.

Anyway, I meant that the masses should be restricted from straight marriage also, not gay marriage. Silly me.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

1.If a same-sex couple is married, what will happen if they adopt the child? Should we let them adopt a child? Or not, because of the missing father/ mother? :P

If the parents who gave up the child consent to it, who are we to tell them they can't?

Furthermore, many people these days already grow up with single parents given the divorce rate is so phenomenally high that I don't think it's just a problem contained to homosexuals.
Llamasushi
Llamasushi
102 posts
Peasant

But that's another issue. Because the divorce rate is so phenomanally high, these children won't feel out of place. Children under same-sex parents will inevitably be subject to bullying at least once in their life because of this. It's far less common.

Anyway, a both genders have different qualities that are better than the other. For eg: fathers don't have the same loving, caring qualites that a mum might have. And vice-versa. (Evolution-hunter/gatherers, etc.)

Since the child is adopted without their consent, they don't really get a choice for the stuff they'll have to cope with from being adopted by a same-sex couple. In fact, if they were adopted by a straight-sex couple, they would probably be better off :/

Homosexual rights shouldn't infringe negatively on the rights of others :/ But I still support homosexual marriage, anyway. Which is ironic, in this case.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Anyway, a both genders have different qualities that are better than the other. For eg: fathers don't have the same loving, caring qualites that a mum might have. And vice-versa. (Evolution-hunter/gatherers, etc.)

I recommend this good read. It speculates how growing up in a homosexual environment won't psychologically damage you, nor turn you gay, for those who want to fling that argument at me.

Since the child is adopted without their consent, they don't really get a choice for the stuff they'll have to cope with from being adopted by a same-sex couple. In fact, if they were adopted by a straight-sex couple, they would probably be better off :/

Above post. Plus, the birth parents actually have to sign the agreement form for the kids to be adopted.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Does this disgust alot of us?
yes.

scars disgust many people as well. but i doubt youd think it would be fair to bann scared people from the streets. oh but it might be fair to make the wear bags on their head to cover their faces?

But that's another issue. Because the divorce rate is so phenomanally high, these children won't feel out of place. Children under same-sex parents will inevitably be subject to bullying at least once in their life because of this. It's far less common.

so living in an orphanage (a real word?) is better? you dont think about it deeply enough. you think a child with no family would give up a chance to have one because he will have gay parents? besides, gay parents probably went through alot of troubles in their lives and i wouldnt be surprised if theyd be amazing parents.

not really. even in the animal kingdom. some animals share the same jobs like most birds. while others do the exactly opposite of what we do like lions. think about most pack living (real phrase?) creatures. there are always alpha males, beta males and omega males. there is room for every type of person.

Since the child is adopted without their consent, they don't really get a choice for the stuff they'll have to cope with from being adopted by a same-sex couple. In fact, if they were adopted by a straight-sex couple, they would probably be better off

once again, even though i believe that you should have the ability to choose even in the most stupid things this time its different. i think every child in this world would choose having a loving family then being an orphan. espacially since children are actually smarter then adults when it comes to judging people.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

you think a child with no family would give up a chance to have one because he will have gay parents?

First off, don't accuse people of not thinking deep enough. Keep it non-personal. Secondly, a child might not want to be brought into such a family if he has a deep religious background. It's a case by case basis.

besides, gay parents probably went through alot of troubles in their lives and i wouldnt be surprised if theyd be amazing parents.

I'm not going to doubt that, but a child does have his/her own input and views, so I'm not surprised if some refuse the love of such adoptive parents.

not really. even in the animal kingdom. some animals share the same jobs like most birds. while others do the exactly opposite of what we do like lions. think about most pack living (real phrase?) creatures. there are always alpha males, beta males and omega males. there is room for every type of person.

Well, in more traditional societies where nuclear families with almost fixed roles, it is the case where the father is the bread winner and the mother stays at home.

i think every child in this world would choose having a loving family then being an orphan.espacially since children are actually smarter then adults when it comes to judging people.

Yes, that is what you think. That's not what all children think. Furthermore, I'm just going to point out again that adults in general have more experience of the world, having spent more time in it, and are hence more mature and perceptive about people.
Llamasushi
Llamasushi
102 posts
Peasant

so living in an orphanage (a real word?) is better? you dont think about it deeply enough. you think a child with no family would give up a chance to have one because he will have gay parents? besides, gay parents probably went through alot of troubles in their lives and i wouldnt be surprised if theyd be amazing parents.

I'm not saying that they'd rather stay at an orphanage, or be left at an orphange. I'm saying that if they went to straight-sex parents they'd be better off :/ There's no shortage of straight sex couples who want to adopt, and overall, they have a better success rate at raising children.
Of course, same-sex couples would love their children. But this wouldn't affect what happens OUTSIDE of the family, such as bullying, harrasement, etc.
This is in Australia anyway. Maybe the circumstances can vary from country to country. Since most of your argument is based off, "if they're not adopted by same-sex couples then they'll live in an orphanage for the rest of their life.

Sorry I don't really get what you mean by this. This doesn't affect the things the children are missing out on that they COULD have from having a same sex couple.
If oyu do debate about this, I might not answer, sorry. I'm currently busy with something right now, and might not reply for a while or so. So sorry about that.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

First off, don't accuse people of not thinking deep enough. Keep it non-personal. Secondly, a child might not want to be brought into such a family if he has a deep religious background. It's a case by case basis.

i said my opinion. i didnt say anything about him. i was suggesting hed rethink in a more deep way about the situation. and im talking more about orphans that never had parents and have objective minds. no religion. i doubt they even knew what being gay really is

Yes, that is what you think. That's not what all children think. Furthermore, I'm just going to point out again that adults in general have more experience of the world, having spent more time in it, and are hence more mature and perceptive about people.

never said its a fact. that IS why i said the word "think" lol. i see it in a different way. i think the more you spend time in the world the more you get hit by racism and many other things like that. and you might be racist as well. a child that has not been in contact with such hatred has an objective mind about judging other people.

There's no shortage of straight sex couples who want to adopt, and overall, they have a better success rate at raising children.

maybe there is no shortage where you live. i do think it has alot to do with the place. but why would straight couples have better succes rate?

Of course, same-sex couples would love their children. But this wouldn't affect what happens OUTSIDE of the family, such as bullying, harrasement, etc.

well i think its better to first have a family before worrying about things that are outside of it.

This is in Australia anyway. Maybe the circumstances can vary from country to country. Since most of your argument is based off, "if they're not adopted by same-sex couples then they'll live in an orphanage for the rest of their life.

probably. im talking in a way that by saying no to a same sex couple you might not have another chance of being adopted. when i look at situations i look at the best and worst result from anothers point of view. the best result is that you might get adopted by same sex couple. the worst would be to never get adopted. and i think in this situation its not worth it to take the risk.

Sorry I don't really get what you mean by this. This doesn't affect the things the children are missing out on that they COULD have from having a same sex couple.
If oyu do debate about this, I might not answer, sorry. I'm currently busy with something right now, and might not reply for a while or so. So sorry about that.

im saying that every gender can pretty much give and do what the other gender can do. (grammar fail...)

also... have you noticed the shortage of the other side of this argument? XD nah jk
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

and im talking more about orphans that never had parents and have objective minds. no religion. i doubt they even knew what being gay really is

Then clarify it next time.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

yeah sorry about that. had the old times in my mind XP... and also sorry for double post... i have no idea how that happened :S

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Well, in more traditional societies where nuclear families with almost fixed roles, it is the case where the father is the bread winner and the mother stays at home.

What is a nuclear family...

I think that for the adoption thing, it should up to the child whether or not they want to be with that family.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

What is a nuclear family...

Here.
Showing 151-165 of 704