ForumsWEPRAre We alone?

252 48433
Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

do you think we are alone in the universe?

• 252 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

This is how I see it. We are merely one solar system in our galaxy which has millions upon millions of other solar systems in it. Then our galaxy alone is one of billions upon billions in our universe. It just doesn't seem likely that we are the only planet with life on it.

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

Depends. Are we talking about Extraterrestrials, or something spritual?

As far as 'aliens' go, yeah, there might be some other life forms out there. After all, our galaxy is extremely large. But, we most likely will never know, at least not in our lifetime.

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
376 posts
Nomad

My vote for wether there is other life is negative.

honsolo26
honsolo26
1 posts
Nomad

yes we ara aolne so stop asking

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

There is now way with how vast our universe is that we are the only forms of life. Sure, it might not be intelligent 'aliens', but there is definitely life.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I agree with Carlie, though the other life forms out there are probaly most likely single celled or extremly simple organisms. If there is intelligent life out there then they are probaly like earth before humans came into the picture.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

we probably are
but maybe not you never know

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

It's egotistically to think that we are alone.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it's not only arrogant, it's statistically improbable, if not impossible that we're alone.

There is WAY too much universe for us to logically be alone.

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

I don't think that we can be alone, and there are probably intelligiant life forms like us or smarter out there. I don't think that we could possibly be the smartest life forms out there with people like Bush. jk Bush is cool, even though he says some stupid stuff sometimes, lol.

gwoodruler
gwoodruler
105 posts
Nomad

serb you can say your own opinion but please be respectable about it. I personally think there is at least some form of life out there.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Serb, explain to me why only hippies would believe in other life forms on other planets. I'm sure a mathematician would agree with me on the odds of the situation.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

I would Asherlee, there are simply too many variables out there such as individual galaxies and solar systems to definitively say that not a single one of them contains life. Look at it this way. If life is so blindingly improbable due to it's picky requirements for accommodations (water, an atmosphere, etc.), how likely is it that we would be here? Not very. If you looked at, say, 10 different planets to see if any of them supported life, there wouldn't be a very good chance of finding any. The chances are miniscule. But multiplying that number of planets to the number of planets existent in the universe, darn near infinity really, multiplies that chance of finding life to, well, darn near infinity. This still doesn't mean there IS life out there, but I'd be willing to put money on the fact that there was (but we mathematicians don't make a lot of money, and that would take too long to prove, so I won't).

gotribalwars
gotribalwars
1 posts
Nomad

If we are alone in the galaxy, the it's an awful waste of space. I got that from the movie Contact.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

aliens killed JFK

Showing 1-15 of 252