ForumsWEPRAre We alone?

252 48459
Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

do you think we are alone in the universe?

• 252 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

excuse me? I do think you need to be a little nicer, some of us americans would not do that, plus, that's from your point of view, I take it you're christian, catholic, something like that, others are not.
I believe there are other life forms, as I believe Asherlee said, they may not be intelligent, but they are definatly there. It would be highly improbably(my fav word!) if they did not exsist, heck, they could've been here, and then they're hiding from us since we're such a violent race, I mean fighting amongst ourselves so often, they're probably afraid what would happen if they came and got in a fight with us, lol

Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

Well...
seems to be an animated discussion
latest discoveries have established that there is life in other places of the universe.
Indeed, we have found some bacteries on meteorits which probes that life exists and that we're not alone
Though, I firmly believe (and this is my personnal point of view) there is no "intelligent" life else than us in the universe.This is my personal point of you, and I understand those that have other points of view, though i can't agree with them

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Raptor, try not to provoke Serb's intolerance and ignorance. He wants to get people worked up, when in reality the path he is taking will get him banned.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

wait...did the aliens kill someone?! why are you protecting them serb? what are they innocent of? why are we trying to prove them guilty?!

kirby1243
kirby1243
141 posts
Nomad

o.k....we are talking about trillions and trillions of miles out in space so how the hell should we know, i think there is enough proof to say that we are not alone

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

It is just simply illogical to think we are alone. Again, we are 1 small solar system in our galaxy which has millions and millions of other solar systems with plenty of earth-like planets. Then there are MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of galaxies that support such solar systems. To think we are alone is arrogant.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

i take it serbs been banned? my comment makes no sense w/o his. lol

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

I'd say any other intelligent life would say the same thing about themselves, Serb (except they'd say the serbians on their planet would kill everyone, rather than the Americans).

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Ooo, what about mars? I don't know if it was ever proven true but it was supposed to be like earth, you guys think their could've been ETs there?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

hmm...they say there was life on mars. WAS.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I heard about that. I think it had something to do with mars being similar to Earth, in the respect that it had water and an atmosphere and everything. But what it didn't have was a magnetic field, so a stream of electrically charged particles, called a solar wind, stripped away the atmosphere. Earth's magnetic field is strong enough to protect us from solar winds.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Well they were looking for it, but did they ever find any evidence? I wouldn't be surprised if there was.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

actually, they did find a small organism, bacteria on mars and tried to study it...

-_- unfortunetly they killed it.......

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Just figures. Do you think that was an ancient strain, or was it new and might actually evolve to become life on mars (if you believe in evolution)?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

idk, it could've been either really, if it was new life, I hope it wasn't the only one, and if it was old life, I think we drove it extinct, and I do believe in evolution...

Showing 16-30 of 252