ForumsWEPRAre We alone?

252 48458
Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

do you think we are alone in the universe?

• 252 Replies
WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

maybe they didn't eat from the tree of knowledge...and are quit content in their utopia...leaving them no time to bother with space travel

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Wally, together we have just solved another mystery of the universe. Sheesh...why aren't we on TV or something?

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

i'm down! we could have our own version of point counter-point or hardball or something. lol i'd prefer comedy though...politics with a punchline...stewart/colbert style!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I mean, we obviously have the skill to do it. And you can say anything on TV and deem it as truth!

Erako
Erako
121 posts
Nomad

I really don't think we are alone in the universe. Everyone has seen all the sightings of U.F.O.'s on the history and discovery channel, so that obviously either says we're crazy or not alone. With a vast infinite universe, there has to be someone or something somewhere else... it's just taking them a while to show it... heheh.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

You have to be stupid to say that we are alone. The universe is too big for that. I think that there is life more intellgent (not hard), less intelegent, and same intelligence as us. I am pretty sure those UFO sitings are fake and the chances of us finding an alien are slim, as are there chnces of finding us. I am sure that aliens are nothing like sci-fi movies.

The_B_Man
The_B_Man
75 posts
Nomad

i think we are not alone you see we are in a kind of ring called the green ring (the only part of the solar system which life can grow in and there is only earth in it)so if you put that towards other solar systems there will be alot of green rings where planets can grow life or will be able to and out of all the green areas in the universe there is bound to be one planet in the green area just like earth3)

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

The B Man thinks the same I do. Organic compounds did form from sun and gasses. I doubt that any other life form uses DNA, RNA, protien (of human type), but there are definetly others in the universe. You never know, though disproven, I think that some species may have even found a substitute for water. (not saying they don't need some water substitute.)

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

I agree with all of you. A universe with MILLIONS of other galaxies is bound to have more than one planet with life.

Dontegh
Dontegh
19 posts
Nomad

There is no way we are alone in this universe all of the different places and they are all changing and evolving, becoming older even if there is no life on any other planets yet there will eventually be.

dcfb312
dcfb312
203 posts
Nomad

No if you mean galaxies light years away.

knightkalp
knightkalp
51 posts
Nomad

i thiink we r not alone because they found traces of water somewere

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

quite frankly as many people have said, if our universe is infinite than surely there is another slimish chance that there is a planet just like ours, and also scientists say that we were normally single cells. It may go against religoun but if it WAS true than others on other planets most likely look like us or if, again, science WAS right, we could assume that with the process of evolution many OTHER organisms could be made. It may not be the "little green man" but i'm sure there are plenty of odd things in the universe. How do you explain the giant squid after all?

netrino
netrino
83 posts
Jester

well maths say that with all that unersises we cant be alone! the real question is is there any civilavisation biggest than ours???????

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

i agree with netrino....we would be completly screwed if we ticked off a cvilzation bigger nd more advanced than ours

Showing 46-60 of 252