Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Battlefield 3

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 12:39pm

credop

credop

39 posts

There are problems with it. Horrendous problems, shotgun with frag rounds? Jesus...
But then, how long has it been since we've seen an FPS without bad balancing in one or two weapons?

This whole CoD or Battlefield arguement? Please. It depends on what you want. CoD is fine for switching off your brain and shooting annoying 10 year olds for a few moments.

Battlefield is an emmersive game. You have to think about it. Work well with your squad and plan things out. Your tactics are alot more important in battlefield than they are in CoD.

Anyone who plays both games will also understand the whole 'camping' arguement. But they should also understand that in CoD or Battlefield TDM, sitting in one spot doing nothing but shooting anyone who walks past IS camping. On conquest or Flag games? It's defending. Tactically.

That's one thing battlefield players get and CoD players don't.

In my personal opinion? Battlefield all the way. CoD is just getting slow and repetitive.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 7:44pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

shotgun with frag rounds?

Balanced months ago. I haven't seen anyone run frag rounds since.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 7:59pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

797 posts

Balanced months ago. I haven't seen anyone run frag rounds since.

I do, but it's more to get a server to begin to descend unto chaos, then I equip Flechette onto my DAO-12 and rain fire.

I have a 360.
I'm so alone . . . from AG users at least.

Wow, another Xbox 360 player.

But then, how long has it been since we've seen an FPS without bad balancing in one or two weapons?

True, but you can see the difference in gun power between updates. Here's the system for Dice:

V.1.
Usually Balanced, with a but of deviation or some very powerful or bad.

V.2.
Gun becomes either too Overpowered, or Nerfed to the extreme.

V.3.
Gun is made balanced and is decent to use again.

V.4.
This is very rare, and normally balanced guns skip from V.1. to V.4. Where they change a couple things, and keep it up to speed, with the gun being very balanced.

That's how I classify weapons basically, OCD with categorizing.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 9:02pm

Santi_

Santi_

2,420 posts

Wow, another Xbox 360 player.

Let me re-phrase that, 360 users on my friends list.

Posted Sep 27, '12 at 10:03pm

kolaman18

kolaman18

1 post

[b]BF3 > MW3

Posted Sep 29, '12 at 6:12pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Well, that sucked. Right when I pressed submit my internet crashed...

I've been using the F2000 a lot recently. When BF3 first came out it was the best gun to use, but after a few months they nerfed it. I started using it again because it's in my top five for most kills on Battlelog.
http://i.imgur.com/YJ0Ms.png

It has some bad vertical recoil, but using the foregrip reduces it. For the second attachment I usually use suppressor or laser sight. Suppressor so I stay off the mini-map when I want to flank, and laser sight for small maps. It already has great hipfire because it's a bullpup, but the laser sight makes it better.

A month or two ago using foregrip and suppressor would actually make the gun worse, but I guess they fixed it.

I've also only been using the A-91 for the engineer class. It's a bullpup as well so great hip fire, it has a fast fire rate, and is very accurate. I usually use it with foregrip and heavy barrel, sometimes I'll attach the laser sight on small vehicle maps likes Seine Crossing.

Posted Sep 29, '12 at 9:25pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

*spawns on teammate* Enemy in front of me, take 5 seconds to bring weapon up... What the hell, Battlefield?

Posted Sep 29, '12 at 10:17pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

797 posts

*spawns on teammate* Enemy in front of me, take 5 seconds to bring weapon up... What the hell, Battlefield?

That happens when you change a feature of your Primary weapon, if you change anything from an attachment to the whole weapon it will delay.

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 6:19am

Santi_

Santi_

2,420 posts

*spawns on teammate*

Gets trapped inside an enemy tank.

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 8:59pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Spent a good hour only using the choppers with a friend last night. They just don't feel the same. Why'd they have to take away the gunner flares on the attack choppers? It makes them really weak, especially since half the players are engineers and use the stinger and the jets are way stronger now, but we still lasted a while in the air and got a good amount of kills. That was only because we had to take cover almost every time we got locked on.

If you don't have a good pilot or gunner, you won't last. I'm usually the gunner since I don't have all the unlocks and I'm not as good at flying, but I kinda prefer it this way. I find it easier to take out enemies because you have a machine gun and guided/tv missiles, while the pilot has rockets.

Sometimes he'll fly me over to the enemy base so I can have their chopper. I realise it's a bit of a **** move, but choppers don't last long, so...

I think each team should have two attack choppers. The ones with the mounted machine guns are pretty useless.

Reply to Battlefield 3

You must be logged in to post a reply!