ForumsGamesReich of Darkness

166 39190
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

On the surface, it's basically Necronator 2 but with Nazis and without all the problems Necronator 2 had at launch (thank God). However, there appears to be some intricate combat pentagram going on that I haven't quite figured out yet, so I'll get back to you guys on that.

So far I have everything from Germany and all but one medal in France. A few notes:

-The starting troops are so far the best solely because they have such a huge firing range and do pretty decent damage. Stacking them means pretty much instant death to any individual squad.
-Flamethrower guys are really weak...
-Sturm troopers are pretty fun; they have grenades and machine guns and do a lot of damage with both of them.
-My personal favorite so far is probably the giant fighting robots. Haven't really run into much of anything that can efficiently kill them besides a stack of the generic soldiers.

How are you guys building your armies? I'm doing basically the same thing I did with Necronator 2: Pump economy and troop stats while using the free guys to lay waste to everything, and by the time I need better soldiers I'll have the medals to unlock them.

One last thing, Hitler needs to be playable at some point.

• 166 Replies
Dutchy666
Dutchy666
9 posts
Nomad

One last thing, Hitler needs to be playable at some point.

Yea thats right!
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

Five medals left to get from the last level before I have all the level-based medals. Anyone know why the max medals is 20-something higher than the amount you can actually get? Do trophies give you medals now?

In other news, stacking a huge pile of snipers behind two or three giant fighting robots is officially the best way to utterly destroy this game. Even Helga isn't as good as the robots (another reason to make Hitler playable!)

Rushblast
Rushblast
6 posts
Shepherd

Helga is not bad,but she can't solo.I'm at the last mission and it is almost impossible to complete.Still thinking of a strategy.Snipers are not bad,just make sure they don't die.

Time2GetTactical
Time2GetTactical
5 posts
Nomad

(another reason to make Hitler playable!)

No. I don't mind the fact the game is based on German affairs during WWII but adding Hitler is just an awful idea.
Fareley
Fareley
4 posts
Peasant

snipers just get bugged in the last level (at leat mine), since they want to shoot the guys south really badly and just bug while they get smashed from the east. So my best guess is a combination of robots + some AoE guys so far

freedom1fighter
freedom1fighter
1 posts
Nomad

I think it would a be good idea after the Allies Strike Back Campaign is released that they make a Japanese Campaign.

Rushblast
Rushblast
6 posts
Shepherd

Yea,Japanese campaign would be good.

Muramura
Muramura
5 posts
Shepherd

Has anyone already beaten the last level in hard?

GaldirEonai
GaldirEonai
20 posts
Peasant

Yes. Took me a few tries, but the 4:1 sniper/walking tank mix worked eventually.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

This is annoying. Every time i try to click something, this game pops up o.o

gorebello
gorebello
3 posts
Nomad

cant beat the last level on hard. i order my units to dont move and they keep moving or bugging. i need them in line to fight back. any idead how to beat besides the 4:1 sniper:armor the guy sayd?

TubaTrey
TubaTrey
1 posts
Peasant

Do the apartments or other building mean anything when they say they can be used as a forward post?

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

Guess who beat the last level on hard without any support!

I didn't even use 4:1 sniper:armor; I started off with 5 robots then once the first wave of Rambos was dead I made 5 snipers then just spammed robots until I eventually broke through and won. As long as you keep your snipers alive you'll have relatively few problems pushing the enemy back towards their spawns and eventually destroying them. The thing is that the additional firepower the snipers give you is absolutely required if you don't want the enemy units to stack up and own you. If that happens and your snipers fall then the only way you can win is by setting all your oncoming reinforcements to retreat, buying 5 more snipers, setting up your own stack of the snipers plus however many robots your population cap allows, and waiting for the enemy to come to you.

I currently have 140/154 medals, but I have every medal from every map and all the achievements. While playing one of the Italy missions for fun and summoning guys for the 2000 Summons achievement, I got a random award for surviving for 240s even though that one wasn't listed on the difficulty select window... Did Toge put hidden medals in this game?

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

Yeah I got a hidden medal on that level with no achievements for the hard mode

AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

I really dislike this game. First of all, the company themselves just copied themselves and re-released Necronator, except they made it worse by having you play nazis. The nazis were evil and it's wrong on so many levels how modern society seems to think they're somehow 'cool.'

It's incredibly poor taste and you're pissing on the graves of millions by glorifying it.

If you're going to make a game, first of all, have an original idea, instead of copying the game you just released. And secondly, don't make nazis the heroes, how stupid do you have to be? And well done AG, plastering an advert for the game and thus having swastikas all over your front-page. Real nice advertising there.

Showing 1-15 of 166