ForumsGamesReich of Darkness

166 39201
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

On the surface, it's basically Necronator 2 but with Nazis and without all the problems Necronator 2 had at launch (thank God). However, there appears to be some intricate combat pentagram going on that I haven't quite figured out yet, so I'll get back to you guys on that.

So far I have everything from Germany and all but one medal in France. A few notes:

-The starting troops are so far the best solely because they have such a huge firing range and do pretty decent damage. Stacking them means pretty much instant death to any individual squad.
-Flamethrower guys are really weak...
-Sturm troopers are pretty fun; they have grenades and machine guns and do a lot of damage with both of them.
-My personal favorite so far is probably the giant fighting robots. Haven't really run into much of anything that can efficiently kill them besides a stack of the generic soldiers.

How are you guys building your armies? I'm doing basically the same thing I did with Necronator 2: Pump economy and troop stats while using the free guys to lay waste to everything, and by the time I need better soldiers I'll have the medals to unlock them.

One last thing, Hitler needs to be playable at some point.

• 166 Replies
maven_wolf
maven_wolf
2 posts
Nomad

oh and what about return castle wolfenstein?????????

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

@maven: How you have 2 posts in this thread but your post count is 1 is beyond me.

@all the people arguing: Stop hating on Alderon for actually giving a darn. Yes, it's people like him that got the game taken down, but I personally have more things I can do in my spare time than play a game about cute animated Nazis blowing crap up. Give Toge a few days to redo some things so people don't get so POed over this issue, and then see how it turns out before raging about how whiny people made you have to stop playing a fun game. Other people have feelings too, including people who disagree with you. I don't think there was anything going on that was serious enough to warrant the game being taken down, but one of the higher-ups at AG (or Toge) must've thought so. Do I disagree with whoever that was? Yes. But does that give me the right to bash them, their decision, and whoever prompted that decision? No.

People have differing opinions, and sometimes the person in charge doesn't have your opinion. It happens. Get used to it.

And please, if nothing else, at least cut the ad hominems out. The last thing I want to see is this thread locked for flaming.

Kryspix
Kryspix
12 posts
Constable

People, calm yourselves. If so stepping up to a normal game, I wonder how you handle yourself in real life. Mods, please close this topic.

anarchylord
anarchylord
3 posts
Nomad

censor,nationalism,&quotatriotism" etc.....that's all i found here!!!!

MartinX
MartinX
6 posts
Peasant

In World of Tanks you can play on the side of Germany and fight against USSR, USA and France. If that game hasn't been censored so far, I don't see why Reich of Darkness should be.

MartinX
MartinX
6 posts
Peasant

Almost forgot - and what about Warfare 1944?

Kryspix
Kryspix
12 posts
Constable

I feel sorry for people who could not keep the distance for life. I do not support acts of the nazist in WWII, I am quite outraged, but I do not understand people looking at this game forms of neo-nazis. This is just a game. JUST GAME.

Damnevil
Damnevil
75 posts
Shepherd

What happen to this game? I've played last night(and for the past few days) but when I came back this afternoon, it was gone. Don't tell me someone voted to take this game off because of the Nazi theme. People! THIS IS JUST A GAME!

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

Looks like the game got pulled from AG

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

More liberal BS from the AG crew, as usual. The game doesn't even go INTO any of the aspects of WWII that were offensive (holocaust, etc), but let's censor it because some people might find it offensive to talk about war, right?

henry94567
henry94567
14 posts
Peasant

Jeez, it looks like hes going to waste time completely remaking the storyline. Id rather that he spent that time on the new infectionator, but whatever.

havoc1310
havoc1310
1 posts
Peasant

Oversensitivity and nanny-state people have pulled a fun game.

Armorgames and Toge Productions, you should be ashamed at bending because someone's inferred butthurt.

Will not play again. Voting 1/10 when it comes back, shame too because I liked it.

Mario90
Mario90
2 posts
Nomad

[b]I thought this had been a splendid game. Since one had nearly completed Necronator 2 (Human, zombie and elf campaign), this brilliant strategy game was the next challenge to accomplish. But some ludicrous, rambling baboon had said "Hey wait a minute! This game is brainwashing kids into the Nazi's". Trust me around 95% of children would not get brainwashed because of the sheer negativity against the Nazi's and not all of them are as idiotic as some aloof idiots believe. You don not have to agree with the ideas of the game; surely it was not expressing any propaganda saying you must join the Nazi's. Of course there are some Neo-Nazi's in the world be I doubt Toge Productions is actually a Neo-Nazi's in disguise. They developed this game for FUN, not to brainwash people. So to all you people out there who believed the game was trying to express some Nazi views think before you comment and make some rash accusations.

AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

But we cannot hate USA because of your brainwash and because USA won the war. If you learned a bit more of history in school instead of religion you could have a more critic mind.

I'm atheist. Nice try though. Also, England won WWII, not America, they helped, but without England standing up to Hitler, we'd all be speaking German now.

As for that 'lawrence' guy, thanks for making my day man! Got a real good laugh from that.
7times7is49
7times7is49
1 posts
Nomad

Glad to have beaten the game. I understand that it was the first part in a series that focused on the bad guys. There are other games and mediums where the German and Nazi armies are playable--Warfare 1944 comes to mind on this site.

I hope this does not become a trend.

Showing 61-75 of 166