ForumsGamesReich of Darkness

166 39225
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

On the surface, it's basically Necronator 2 but with Nazis and without all the problems Necronator 2 had at launch (thank God). However, there appears to be some intricate combat pentagram going on that I haven't quite figured out yet, so I'll get back to you guys on that.

So far I have everything from Germany and all but one medal in France. A few notes:

-The starting troops are so far the best solely because they have such a huge firing range and do pretty decent damage. Stacking them means pretty much instant death to any individual squad.
-Flamethrower guys are really weak...
-Sturm troopers are pretty fun; they have grenades and machine guns and do a lot of damage with both of them.
-My personal favorite so far is probably the giant fighting robots. Haven't really run into much of anything that can efficiently kill them besides a stack of the generic soldiers.

How are you guys building your armies? I'm doing basically the same thing I did with Necronator 2: Pump economy and troop stats while using the free guys to lay waste to everything, and by the time I need better soldiers I'll have the medals to unlock them.

One last thing, Hitler needs to be playable at some point.

• 166 Replies
firegod980
firegod980
3 posts
Nomad

@AlderonArmor Oh and you are the most insensitive jerk I've ever seen. The Nazi's had families too you know. They were people too. Who are you to say one culture is better than another? Who are you to lable an ENTIRE culture as "bad?" I bash jews ironically. You however are serious in your hate of Nazis. You know who else discriminated against a whole culture? The Nazis did! You are no better then them. People like you are the reason we still have ******** like me. The only way to end racism and discrimination is to never bring it up but here you are jewing up the place... **** off and let people celebrate their heritage.

P.S. I'm 'half' jewish(if there even is such a thing) through my mom. My dad raised me catholic. That's what I meant by ironically bashing kikes (LOL)

firegod980
firegod980
3 posts
Nomad

If you were offended by what I wrote refer to this link

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Well, now you guys have done it. You've gotten a perfectly good game removed from the site because you're still offended by something that happened nearly 70 years ago. Most of your parents weren't even born yet. If you're still living in a past that you never lived in in the first place, you really need a firmer grasp on reality.

This is 2012. Nazi Germany collapsed in 1945. The only people who actually have the right to be offended by this game are old enough to be your great-grandparents, and they would know that playing a harmless flash game wouldn't automatically turn you into a Nazi.

Yeah, the Nazis were mean. But they existed, and a flash game depicting them being removed from the site isn't going to change anything in the past. The Holocaust happened, and now it's over; the Nazis are gone (with the exception of Neo-Nazis, but those guys are dumb as posts).

So unless there is any further reason why this game should not be re-added to the site, I suggest it be brought back.

Victovitch
Victovitch
2 posts
Shepherd

**** ! I was sure of something like that was going on when I saw the game was removed... Those who took the time to go through it (I had luckily the time to finish it) should see there is no neo-nazi delirium, this is just a war game ! And nazis don't seem "good guys" at all in this, they make me think of Indiana Johnes' nazis somehow

(The nazi chick is pretty hot though, but whatever, actually I think an uniform and a manga-like aspect such as that could not be less credible )

Scarlettt
Scarlettt
40 posts
Nomad

I am disgusted with ArmorGames for this decision. If the minority are offended, take the main banners off, but for god's sake, don't remove the game from the website. The game absolutely contains links to the Nazis in WW2, but the point of the game is not to inflict a vicious, systematic genocide against Jews, it is about upgrading some units, stacking them strategically to crush the enemy, gain more abilities, and become more efficient at winning battles. It was a FUN GAME, and did not in any way legitimize the Holocaust.

There were no swastikas in the image, but for one thing, swastikas are a Hindu symbol to invoke shakti, an auspicious sign.

The Holocaust is an overglorified event that occurred nearly A CENTURY AGO. There have been numerous events of comparable scale, like the Rwandan Tutsi genocide, the genocide in Turkey, and similar events. The British Soldier that Alderon defends committed thousands of atrocities, possibly greater than those committed by the Nazis in their imperialist conquests around the world in China, India, Africa, and around the world. America itself has performed repeated genocides against countries in the Middle East, killing MILLIONS in a devious, cruel way and HIDING it from its citizens and the world.

US soldiers and British soldiers have committed atrocities far greater than those of the Nazi's. Why the double standards? Just because white people were targetted by the Nazi's and the imperialist west won the war, only the Holocaust is dubbed the greatest evil, and over petulant pricks like Alderon can whine and moan about a game that doesn't perpetuate Nazism? There are hundreds of games on this website that promote Imperialism, which is an even greater evil that ACTUALLY EXISTS TODAY.

The thing is, these are games. There is NO REASON to remove the game because some people got offended and whined about it. If they truly are offended, they should not play the game. Not get it removed in a fit of righteous indignation. They are HYPOCRITES for playing games as terrorists, british armies, or US armies on imperialistic conquests. If you remove this game, then you must remove all games featuring the US army or armies on imperialist agendas. Games that promote violence and unnecessary bloodshed should be removed, as we've got to protect the children and not trivialize violence. Games with bad words should also be removed, and with that, you might as well remove the shooting games category. Heck, just remove the site, because the complaints of a few people that are butthurt is grounds for a removal of a game.

Absolutely pathetic.

QuincuncxBrilliant. A small minority dislike something so that justifies its removal?

If it had been a book they'd have wanted it burned.

Good post
ARCHLORD PIE:Can we please stop bashing Alderon? This thread is for discussing THE GAME and aspects of THE GAME, not for insulting someone who both disagrees with you and speaks up about said disagreement.

Good Lord, no wonder nobody stands for anything any more. Too easy to get trampled by the haters...

Shut up and stop white knighting for attention. You add nothing of value to the thread. Get out.
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

Shut up and stop white knighting for attention. You add nothing of value to the thread. Get out.

I started this ****ing thread. I have every right to ask people to be civil right up until the point where they start being civil, at which point doing so would REALLY be contributing nothing to the thread.

I've discussed the gameplay and the controversy in this thread. Now that the game's been taken down, I'm waiting for it to come back up before I continue discussing the gameplay. I've already spoken my peace in terms of the controversy, so right now I'm just trying to remind people to not attack each other, lest this thread get locked.

over petulant pricks like Alderon

Oh look, you're bashing him too. Now I get to ask you to please refrain from the ad hominem attacks as well.

(The rest of your post was solid and I completely agree with it BTW. Just don't call people out for wanting attention when they're just trying to keep the peace.)
Umimugo
Umimugo
1 posts
Nomad

Sucks that the game went down, spent two hours on it, really it doesn't matter if it comes back or not because i'm just going to go to a different site to find it and play it, that simple.

Scarlettt
Scarlettt
40 posts
Nomad

. I've already spoken my peace in terms of the controversy, so right now I'm just trying to remind people to not attack each other

Your thread is no longer about strategies involving the game, and the thread belongs to everyone, not just the creator since it's a general thread.

Maybe I was wrong to insult Alderon by calling him a prick, but people that whine vehemently about anything tangential to the Holocaust are without a doubt over petulant hypocrites (considering their false indignation in light of events that are NOT the Holocaust).
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

It's quite simple, really. People are unable to separate the Wehrmacht from the Holocaust. Most "Nazi" soldiers joined the German army to fight the "Red Menace" (the Russians). In fact, many Wehrmacht military officials at the time were not completely aware of the holocaust. The German army raised to fight in the second world war was extremely efficient and very well-trained, but bad command decisions led to Germany's defeat. It wasn't until later that the atrocities being committed were revealed in public light, due to an extensive propaganda campaign by the Wehrmacht high command. Most people saw Hitler as the Volksfurher (leader of the people) due to his ability to stir such passion and pride in the German people, and didn't question what was happening behind closed doors because they trusted him so thoroughly. In fact, some historians believe that Hitler himself wasn't fully aware of the "Final Solution", but rather that it was perpetrated by others in command at the time (mostly Heinrich Himmler), but that's neither here nor there. There were multiple atrocities committed by both sides on the field of battle, sure, but that's what happens in war. No one should be blaming the German soldiers for what a few in command were largely responsible for.

I just find it funny that AG is ok with portrayals of suicide and terrorism, but takes down a pixel game because it has Wehrmacht elements involved. Because, apparently, portraying soldiers that America defeated in a positive light is downright evil. Better take down any games featuring a Japanese, Mexican, or British protagonist... we know all those people are evil because they fought against America, right?

miniphu
miniphu
72 posts
Nomad

So the reason that the game was removed is its "offensive" content? It seemed like a cool strategy game. I guess I'll never find out for myself what happens past the first three levels. I could google it to play elsewhere... but that's a lot of work for a FLASH GAME.

AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

Can we please stop bashing Alderon? This thread is for discussing THE GAME and aspects of THE GAME, not for insulting someone who both disagrees with you and speaks up about said disagreement.

Good Lord, no wonder nobody stands for anything any more. Too easy to get trampled by the haters...

Thank you. And for the record, I've stopped posting in this thread in response to people attempting to rile me up, so you can stop trying guys.

I'll post again my thoughts and opinions on the game when it's re-uploaded.
Scarlettt
Scarlettt
40 posts
Nomad

Thank you. And for the record, I've stopped posting in this thread in response to people attempting to rile me up, so you can stop trying guys.

All I see is no response to legitimate arguments made by myself and other posters. You do take an effort to whine and complain about every little post that insults you. All complaints, no substance.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Get out of your cave and explain yourselves, mods.

I won't accept excuses and scapegoating the maker of the game who was pressured to remove his game.

This was covertly just removed, no discussion thread, no input from users, and you need to come in and make an announcement. Sure, it's a free site, but there are basic rules of decency that need to be followed.

Get out of your cave and explain yourselves you cowards!

Mods have no control over the games, their volunteers who mediate between users and patrol the Forums. So, you want answers, contact the admins and staff directly, via the contact page.
Kulmegil_
Kulmegil_
35 posts
Herald

I feel so much like joining neo-nazi moment right now!
It must my brain being wash by this sexy anime gal with swastika-like symbol.

How could it be?? Why is it happening to me.. despite all my deep knowledge about WW2, holocaust and soviet hell that I acquired from all those other games/movies? You know those 99% that portraits allies in a shiny light as crystal clear as baby angel's ***.

OK serious mode ON

I cannot say I didn't expected that...Don't get fooled by zombie games. AG is really one of those "family sites" that follows &quotolitical correctness" line and stays out of trouble. It's best to fallback to a safe, morally indifferent content then poking those dangerous adult, religion, race ect problems.

But fear not as game will surly return.
There will be generic-evil-zombie side and the other generic-good-not_allies side. You have to admit that the game won't suffer much because of it. It's not really one of those mind-changing art people for longer reflection. Except a small bit were it was removed.

PS I clearly pick side of all those who protest here against cowardly censorship (let's call it by it's name). Even despite the fact my family suffered a lot in nazi-camps during the war and some more during soviet "friendly" occupation of Poland later. Greetings to a fellow member @Warszawiak who also shares my views on the matter I think.

PS2 On one hand it's sad that most hate comes from fact that game was taken away from players hands and not because of AGs has done.

Hyoukami
Hyoukami
1 posts
Peasant

Well just wondering why with the sudden dissapearance. I know nazi and what've they done and it's certainly not a good thing. But in my point of view it's just a game with german history as sprite database (or must I say sprite database). Well video game is about playing something that can't be happened in real world (at least for me, and yes I don't play sports video games) and that so called nazi as reference is interesting just to know a tiny bit about some weird technology like human experiment have really happened in world war (what's the difference with captain america?) and still it's cool for video game but not in real life (have you ever watch documentary film? make difference between real life and video game fiction). And things grotesque like human experiment is one of several aspect why I played this game, changing it to generic G.I. for fictional is just too old, why not make someting like native aborigins vs gun wielding cowboys?

Showing 91-105 of 166