ForumsGamesReich of Darkness

166 39228
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

On the surface, it's basically Necronator 2 but with Nazis and without all the problems Necronator 2 had at launch (thank God). However, there appears to be some intricate combat pentagram going on that I haven't quite figured out yet, so I'll get back to you guys on that.

So far I have everything from Germany and all but one medal in France. A few notes:

-The starting troops are so far the best solely because they have such a huge firing range and do pretty decent damage. Stacking them means pretty much instant death to any individual squad.
-Flamethrower guys are really weak...
-Sturm troopers are pretty fun; they have grenades and machine guns and do a lot of damage with both of them.
-My personal favorite so far is probably the giant fighting robots. Haven't really run into much of anything that can efficiently kill them besides a stack of the generic soldiers.

How are you guys building your armies? I'm doing basically the same thing I did with Necronator 2: Pump economy and troop stats while using the free guys to lay waste to everything, and by the time I need better soldiers I'll have the medals to unlock them.

One last thing, Hitler needs to be playable at some point.

• 166 Replies
Sollet
Sollet
5 posts
Nomad

So, we can play as cowboys and massacrate aborigins but we cannot play as Axis in this game, yet no complains in games such as Warfare 1944 because they aren't called "Nazis".

Kulmegil_
Kulmegil_
35 posts
Herald

Warfare 1944 comes with both campaigns at once, RoD does not.

Warfere shows war more "serious" while RoD nazis-a-like are fun & and has sexy gal.

Read: RoD got some complains and stuff got scared.

Sollet
Sollet
5 posts
Nomad

Kulmegil_ if you knew TogeProductions you would know that he releases campaings for other armies within time. Allies campaing would be released the next week. So, the problem is that the game started with an Axis campaing and you couldn't play as USA, so you couldn't kill the bad guys and save the day?

Kulmegil_
Kulmegil_
35 posts
Herald

Yeah I know.
But the point is that there is no deeper point in this ban.

It's all about following political correct line that is safe so You don't have to be scared that some outrage r-tard will try some legal action or other bad smelling things to You. Even if he has a slim chance of success.

But this just makes life easier.
I hate what AG and Toge has done but they certainly aren't the only ones. It's a game site where also young people should have fun away from heavy burden of life.

Anyway RoD won't loss value if &quotseudonazis" would become some yetAnotherGenericEvilZombieFraction. Unless they remove the gal

So maybe they should just get away with it?

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

I think 99% of us have decided to track down the game somewhere else,
meaning when it's re-released, we probably won't play it on AG because our files will be elsewhere.

My only question is, why promote the game's arrival (blog post, side banners), only to take it down shortly after release? Change of heart, I suppose...

shizzel65
shizzel65
1 posts
Nomad

WTF? so what if there NAZI? if they want to make the game where you use Jews for fuel then let them, you don't have to play and I'm pretty sure this falls under freedom of speech.

AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

My only question is, why promote the game's arrival (blog post, side banners), only to take it down shortly after release? Change of heart, I suppose...

Advertisers on the site weren't happy and threatened to pull their adverts off the page. If that happens, AG loses most of it's funding and can't stay online. One game or the entire website, yeah... not a difficult decision.

WTF? so what if there NAZI? if they want to make the game where you use Jews for fuel then let them, you don't have to play and I'm pretty sure this falls under freedom of speech.

You sir, are an idiot.
Scarlettt
Scarlettt
40 posts
Nomad

[quote]I feel honoured that you took the time out of your busy life to create a new account just for me Lawrence! Thank you.[quote]

Again, not responding to substantiated arguments but complaining about posters that type insults. Nonresponsive because there is no response. Hmm... I'm sorely tempted to whine and complain and get 50+ games removed from the site now.

flipfo4
flipfo4
2 posts
Nomad

[b]AldrenArmor you oviously can't see that this game make nazis look like the bad guys! ITS CALLED REICH OF DARKNESS it say that hittler and all nazis are assosiated with the devil! this ****ing game isn't saying nazis are good its saying that all nazis are devil worshiping maniacs! common are you that stupid! they even put up a add on the game saying they were going to make a part were the allies strike back and win the people who made this game are known to make a game from the bad guy perspective necronator 2 was a great game and you were the bad guy! why did i not see you get all pissy at that game when it had you playing as the undead wanting to end humanity!

henry94567
henry94567
14 posts
Peasant

Just let the troll starve of attention.

flipfo4
flipfo4
2 posts
Nomad

REICH OF DARKNESS it say that hittler and all nazis are assosiated with the devil! this ****ing game isn't saying nazis are good its saying that all nazis are devil worshiping maniacs! common are you that stupid! they even put up a add on the game saying they were going to make a part were the allies strike back and win the people who made this game are known to make a game from the bad guy perspective necronator 2 was a great game and you were the bad guy!

the game says they are BAD not GOOD

szombathelyi
szombathelyi
3 posts
Nomad

all you guys are a bunch of idiots. you entertained a troll for 14 pages. you all must be new to the internet. good job.

sirjames1
sirjames1
1 posts
Peasant

i only got to the third campand contery noooo

vp1998
vp1998
1 posts
Nomad

Why did they have to take the game off? The game was fine the way it was. I hope they don't end up ruining this game. For all you people who have a problem with this game, DON"T PLAY IT!!! I mean seriously Neo-Nazis aren't doing anything illegal as long as they are expressing their opinion and not hurting anyone. I mean this game has nothing to do with the holocaust and isn't really meant to portray the Nazis as the good guys. And i know there are war survivors and their families who are touchy about this subject, but what about the games about Nam or the Middle-East you can play as the bad guys in that. Plus, know that i think about i'm pretty sure war survivors aren't a fan of war games anyway, them not really being able to show everybody what they have been through. Next, time can you people who are touchy about whatever leave it alone and NOT get it removed from the site.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Advertisers on the site weren't happy and threatened to pull their adverts off the page. If that happens, AG loses most of it's funding and can't stay online. One game or the entire website, yeah... not a difficult decision.

Which just goes to prove that people have been brainwashed by a hypersensitive upbringing. We can't refute a game based on a period in history because some people are offended by it.

For your entertainment, I present this amusing tidbit from the philosopher Weiner:
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110223.gif
(credit to Zach Weiner, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal)
Showing 106-120 of 166