ForumsGamesReich of Darkness

166 39226
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

On the surface, it's basically Necronator 2 but with Nazis and without all the problems Necronator 2 had at launch (thank God). However, there appears to be some intricate combat pentagram going on that I haven't quite figured out yet, so I'll get back to you guys on that.

So far I have everything from Germany and all but one medal in France. A few notes:

-The starting troops are so far the best solely because they have such a huge firing range and do pretty decent damage. Stacking them means pretty much instant death to any individual squad.
-Flamethrower guys are really weak...
-Sturm troopers are pretty fun; they have grenades and machine guns and do a lot of damage with both of them.
-My personal favorite so far is probably the giant fighting robots. Haven't really run into much of anything that can efficiently kill them besides a stack of the generic soldiers.

How are you guys building your armies? I'm doing basically the same thing I did with Necronator 2: Pump economy and troop stats while using the free guys to lay waste to everything, and by the time I need better soldiers I'll have the medals to unlock them.

One last thing, Hitler needs to be playable at some point.

• 166 Replies
stevenveryrich
stevenveryrich
1 posts
Nomad

@AlderanArmor Since you speak so much of history you should know that history is written by the victor. By your standards 90% of video games today should be banned. For example the Allies have committed many attrocious acts same as any other country. People like you ruin not only gaming but media in general. I am at a loss for words to explain how appalled I am at this censorship. Maybe you should actually listen to some of these commments instead of being so close minded.

Warszawiak
Warszawiak
1 posts
Shepherd

It was just a simple game... I played it to relax and didn't bother about any connection with the history. Just enjoyed the game engine and graphics. It's a pity I can't play it tonight, after hard day at work.

Alderon, you're writing about your hurt feelings - c'mon, me and my whole family was born in Warsaw - the city totally destroyed by Nazis (The Warsaw Uprising - does that ring a bell?). I hate Nazis, but still... it's just a game. It's not glorifying anyone.

Cheers

AlderonArmor
AlderonArmor
210 posts
Blacksmith

Alderon, you're writing about your hurt feelings

Wrong, I don't have 'hurt feelings.' What I do have is a sense of right and wrong and the ability and the courage to stand up for that.

@AlderanArmor Since you speak so much of history you should know that history is written by the victor. By your standards 90% of video games today should be banned. For example the Allies have committed many attrocious acts same as any other country. People like you ruin not only gaming but media in general. I am at a loss for words to explain how appalled I am at this censorship. Maybe you should actually listen to some of these commments instead of being so close minded.

By 'comments' you mean the people trying their hardest to insult me on here while I refrain from lowering myself to that level? All I've seen besides that is people defending a game that has you playing nazis. When Toge has finished the changes, I'll even replay the game myself.

And all this talk about how the Allies are pure evil, pack it in guys. They fought for you to be able to sit on your ***** and write on this forum. Without the sacrifices they made, none of you would have a life even remotely like that which you do have. Sure, there's cases of abuse in any war on both sides, it's frickin' war, that goes without saying. But it's just not a valid argument to validify what the disgusting acts carried out by Hitler's ambition.

Boggles the mind that you're all so laid back about a chapter in history that in relative terms is so recent.
Lancelot
Lancelot
3 posts
Scribe

WAS THIS TAKEN OUT????
COME ON PEOPLE, WHAT NEXT? BANNING METAL SLUG? THIS SUCKS. IT WAS A REALLY FUN GAME. NO POLITICS IN BETWEEN AND NO COMPARISON WITH REALITY.

Lancelot
Lancelot
3 posts
Scribe

I waited for a few days to double check if the game was gonna be playable again. I don't use CAPS LOCK, Im more of a SHIFT guy, shows my anger for some crap. Some comments like the Alderon´s crap are annoying. The guy doesn't like playing as fictional nazis, then don't, but please remember that no real nazi was made of corpses and no units were to follow for relics or stuff like that. If you don't wanna see something on the internet, don't use it. Internet is, and hopefully will continue to be free and open minded, no violation on none rights were made with this game. This is the first time that I go against Armor Games decisions. Nothing real in the game , and still got down. Armor Games needs to rethink this situation. Just cause some people don't like something they are going to take it out? How about the people that like it, or were playing it?

marine78108
marine78108
2 posts
Nomad

This was disappointing to say the least, I was halfway through the game and it vanishes, then I finally figure out why it was taken down. complete bull, that had no reference to actual Nazi's at all, it was just a game set in WWII. Interesting to see that Diesel Valkyrie vs The Undead Reich hasn't been taken down.

No_Stress
No_Stress
366 posts
Nomad

I already post this but looks like no one saw it.
You can still play the game if you didn't deleted your cache.
Just click this link and you will be able to play the game:
Reich of Darkness.

Quincunx
Quincunx
1 posts
Nomad

Brilliant. A small minority dislike something so that justifies its removal?

If it had been a book they'd have wanted it burned.

zombiekilla13
zombiekilla13
1 posts
Nomad

It is so dumb that they took it down. It doesn't have the swastika, Jews, Holocaust, or anything in it. It doesn't even say they are Nazis! AldernonArmor, you are an imbecile. Just shutup.

minel2001
minel2001
10 posts
Treasurer

Brilliant game dissapeared.... :-( This is sad!!

ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

Can we please stop bashing Alderon? This thread is for discussing THE GAME and aspects of THE GAME, not for insulting someone who both disagrees with you and speaks up about said disagreement.

Good Lord, no wonder nobody stands for anything any more. Too easy to get trampled by the haters...

DoomDrakon
DoomDrakon
41 posts
Farmer

Ugh, I really miss this game...

osoxyagami
osoxyagami
1 posts
Nomad

No_Stress got it right, I am playing it right now, at almost full screen in my cache data, btw, I think it sucks they took it off, it just took me a couple of days (in which I was watching teh walking day 1st & 2nd season) of no playing and then I come back to see this happening, to be honest, there is a lot to say about this theme, and I mean the game and the Nazis stuff... but w.e. I better play in my cache data!

Landurusan
Landurusan
1 posts
Nomad

This game was great. Yes Nazis were terrible. Yes it was sad. BUT if you actually think a flash game is promoting Nazi propaganda you are pathetic. It is a game. There is much worse stuff on the internet. If you don't like it don't play it. Let those of us who enjoy a simple game enjoy it and buzz off. Seriously pathetic that people are getting offended by this game.

Metro2001
Metro2001
3 posts
Nomad

I've been reading this discussion for the past hour and just thought to my self that both sides of the conversations are right on what they have to say but neither sides want to admit there wrong.

My oppinion is that the game was good so but I really can do anything else I want to do so i dont really care if the game comes back are not (which the game is coming back)
so all i have to say is i'll keep reading the thread

Showing 76-90 of 166