Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is homosexuality right or wrong?

Posted Mar 17, '12 at 8:53pm

toemas

toemas

347 posts

Iâm saying that they donât have the brains or a conscience to know its wrong

Posted Mar 17, '12 at 8:55pm

314d1

314d1

3,947 posts

I�m saying that they don�t have the brains or a conscience to know its wrong

What is wrong about it, if it is not unnatural?

Posted Mar 17, '12 at 9:06pm

djme

djme

125 posts

What percentage of the monkey population is actually performs these acts? And where are you getting your info?

Posted Mar 17, '12 at 9:09pm

314d1

314d1

3,947 posts

What percentage of the monkey population is actually performs these acts? And where are you getting your info?

The Bonobo are famous for all sorts of sex things, they live in a Maternal society where women rule and sex is used for about everything, from greeting to wars.

Wikipedia would probably be the easiest source, but it is really common knowledge about the animal.

Posted Mar 17, '12 at 9:16pm

toemas

toemas

347 posts

You can observe all types of behaviors in any animal or human but that does not make it normal behavior. We see deviant behavior in humans all the time. This does not make it natural. And Wikipedia is not a scientific journal and should not be used as a source to find âfactsâ

Posted Mar 17, '12 at 9:19pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

You can observe all types of behaviors in any animal or human but that does not make it normal behavior.

If it occurs without outside prompting on a statistically significant basis, it's normal.

*facepalm*

We see deviant behavior in humans all the time. This does not make it natural.

Yes it does.

And Wikipedia is not a scientific journal and should not be used as a source to find �facts�

Yes, but you can always check their sources.

And, we don't feel like wasting our time dredging up extremely good sources for something which I doubt you spent 2 minutes looking at.

Posted Mar 17, '12 at 9:25pm

toemas

toemas

347 posts

But is it statistically significant? This is the question youâre not answering. And if you are not going to going to âwaste your timeâ finding proper sources, why point me to an improper one?
But my larger point earlier was that we as humans do have consciences and are not slaves to our instincts. This is what separates up from animals. Including the Bonobo!

Posted Mar 17, '12 at 9:29pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

But is it statistically significant?

I'd consider 3-10% statistically significant.

And if you are not going to going to �waste your time� finding proper sources, why point me to an improper one?

It's not improper. Probably 99% of all the stuff on there is accurate. It's just not accepted because people -can- change things.

Again, you can always check their sources if you're unsure about a claim.

But my larger point earlier was that we as humans do have consciences and are not slaves to our instincts.

And?

What about homosexuality is wrong so that we must avoid it?

Posted Mar 17, '12 at 9:30pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,589 posts

But is it statistically significant?

Being a common practice in said species is statistically significant.

And if you are not going to going to �waste your time� finding proper sources, why point me to an improper one?

Wikipedia is not an improper source. It contains a synopsis on information given from MULTIPLE sources. Check *those* at the bottom for the relevant facts you seek.

But my larger point earlier was that we as humans do have consciences and are not slaves to our instincts

Yes we are. We kill animals for feed. We breed to continue survival. We run away from spittle-drenched lions to save our lives.

This is what separates up from animals

We are animals. Our cells contain cytoskeleton and centrioles, which are evident on the Animal side of the Life Library.

Posted Mar 17, '12 at 9:31pm

314d1

314d1

3,947 posts

You can observe all types of behaviors in any animal or human but that does not make it normal behavior. We see deviant behavior in humans all the time. This does not make it natural. And Wikipedia is not a scientific journal and should not be used as a source to find �facts�

Actually, this kind of stuff happens all the time with Bonobos. They pretty much have sex for absolutely everything they do, it isn't deviant behavior but something that they do all the time.

Bonobo Sex and Society, from Scientific America, I think. Skip to the part "Make love, not war" and do some reading. You did ask for a scientific reading, and logically it would have a ton of reading to do.

Females also mate with females, males with males, really, they make with anything that moves.

Reply to Is homosexuality right or wrong?

You must be logged in to post a reply!