Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is homosexuality right or wrong?

Posted Mar 18, '12 at 10:47pm

randumbness

randumbness

56 posts

Thanks for the elaboration people. We cant choose our own sexuality so we have no right to judge others based on their sexuality. I have not one but two christian friends who are gay so that kind of blows some things open here, or maybe not. The point is why do you think homosexuality is wrong is it you were brought up to be biased against it. I hold no grudge against anyone who thinks homosexuality is wrong but I think that is just ignorance talking.

Posted Mar 19, '12 at 8:46am

badboy97777

badboy97777

14 posts

Homo sexual isn't wrong in my opinion (I'm straight though).
Everyone has his/her own taste. Being judged for it by others makes the other people sad instead of you. Choose what you want with pride and keep your self-respect high.

However I think that homo-sexuals haven't met the "one" for them in the other gender, which means they are very picky. Since I'm not attracted to my own gender I can't really tell a lot about it. I think they find it exciting to play with their own gender for excitement. This doesn't make it wrong though. However everything has it's limitation.

For some, seeing a homo couple making out may be disguisting which makes it "wrong".

Just follow your own taste, you live to die and life's short so enjoy while it lasts wether it's wrong or not in the end it's your own choice.

Posted Mar 19, '12 at 9:12am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

However I think that homo-sexuals haven't met the "one" for them in the other gender,

There isn't a "one" for them in the other gender because they don't feel that way towards the other gender. This is like saying there is a "one for you in the same gender. You don't feel that way towards the gender you are so there isn't someone of the same gender you would feel is "the one".

Posted Mar 19, '12 at 9:51am

polarrage

polarrage

7 posts

I Find it to be fine, why say no to not allow people to show eachother their love for one another?

Posted Mar 19, '12 at 10:52am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

once again. the person who has a problem with it cant do anything but give arguments that are being countered. the the most simple question is still unanswered. why is it wrong? what makes something wrong?

Posted Mar 19, '12 at 10:33pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

WHY U IGNORE BONABOS!

Because they're irrelevant. Bonabos. No one cares. First of all, it's bonabos. There's no need to capitalize it. Secondly, this is why you shouldn't learn to argue from the Internet. Bonabos aren't the ultimate answer to homosexuality. You can't say "BUT BONABOS DO IT!" to everything. Bonabos are hardly ever relevant.

Whether or not non-human animals do it, first of all, does not answer the question of whether it's natural for humans. Some animals breath underwater, yet most definitions of natural vs. unnatural clearly view humans breathing underwater as unnatural.

Moreover, whether or not it's unnatural or natural has nothing to do with morality. That's the argument you should be making, not ranting about bonabos.

Posted Mar 19, '12 at 10:45pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

Zeno told me to correct his spelling for him.

Bonabos

*Bonobos (this is a very common error, so Imma point it out only once)

breath

*breathe

You did impressively well overall, Zeno.  I applaud you.

Posted Mar 19, '12 at 10:49pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

Though the bonabo error is mostly 314's fault because he's the one who started the error :P

Posted Mar 19, '12 at 10:59pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Secondly, this is why you shouldn't learn to argue from the Internet. Bonabos aren't the ultimate answer to homosexuality. You can't say "BUT BONABOS DO IT!" to everything. Bonabos are hardly ever relevant.

If it were just bonobos in of themselves, this would be true. However, when using the "homosexuality isn't unnatural" argument by showing it occurs in other animals, you can point out many similarities. It occurs in other mammals and obviously isn't itself unnatural. It's not a stand alone argument, but it's not a faulty one either.

Moreover, whether or not it's unnatural or natural has nothing to do with morality. That's the argument you should be making, not ranting about bonabos.

This argument was being made in tandem, except that the other side wasn't giving us any reason on why it's immoral, so there was nothing to respond to on that front.

Posted Mar 20, '12 at 12:58am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

people using the fact that its natural dont say "its natural so its moral". they use it against the argument "its unnatural so its immmoral". people slowly forgot that its not an argument but a statement to counter an argument. besides, ill say it again: if not compared to animals what IS natural? we arent comparing it to one species we are comparing it to MOST species. if we wouldnt do that we wouldnt know what is natural. i could easily say that having red hair is unnatural because people with red hair are a minority in this world

Reply to Is homosexuality right or wrong?

You must be logged in to post a reply!