ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 387073
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

i sure have a reason this doesint relate to some people on here but when im at mcdonalds and some really scary buff dude is staring at my *** i get kinda creeped out (because im 13) i know not all homesexuals are like that but i still get creeped out by them

Thats not a good reason to be scared of all homosexuals in general though. And how do you know he was staring at your *** and he was gay? Couldn't it be he was just day dreaming or something? I do that all the time.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

And I suppose that black people have increased their involvement in every day life.

Because of such movements.
botinok
botinok
36 posts
Farmer

Sorry but it's not against human nature. Early in this the bonobo was used as an example of how homosexuality is natural. This is actually a pretty good comparison since if we were to strip away these self imposed social constraints on sexuality our sexual behavior would be very much like that of the bonobo. Homosexuality isn't a deviation but a variation. Heterosexuality isn't the norm, but part of a spectrum.

Dead end logic
Prejudice can be a hard thing for a person to shake. Attitudes like yours does nothing to help.

Why not?
There is no good reason they should control it. Just because some bigot finds it iky is not a reason to suppress ones self. Also it's not some sort of affliction.

K
Thus the point of having the parades, to get people to pay attention.

And people who don't want to pay attention to it

Since you realize it's a fallacy then stop using them.

Why should i ? IF it suits me?

Now you're compounding your red herring with a slippery slope fallacy. The willful use of a fallacy only makes you look like your full of it. Honestly you don't need the help.

Ok

Again you resort to your fallacious bull.

Sure it does

Actually there have been great strides in acceptance, particularly in the past few years. A great example of this is how the US president has come out in favor of gay marriage, something that when elected was a topic he skirted. All he is doing here is making an attempt to pander to the majority.

Sure he will other way he won't be able to live in white house again.

Doesn't make it exist.

In general

This makes me suspect you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. But this is an argument fro another topic.
Though I will clarify, a sin is that which goes against god. No god, no sin. And your person disgust of it does not make it wrong.

SO why should murderers be punished? If there is no sin? OR no community tell what is sin and what is not?

The only suffering the LGBT community is going through is at the hands of bigots.

Sure they will. Bigots gonne bite.

This makes you sound like you're full of ****. So basically gay people are iky? Sorry but that's not them doing harm to you, that's your own bigoted views doing that to your self.

Sure why should i be told by others?

Revenue can be generated by all sorts of activities. But it seems you have either failed to get the point or are avoiding it. The point being those parades have a positive impact on the community, not a negative one as you are trying to argue.

Some people will see a negative part in it.

Point being yet another fallacy?

Why fallacy? So if a city is holding the parades every month?Why should it not to prosper?

It clearly has helped generate acceptance of the LGBT community making it more difficult for those who don't to continue with their bigotry. Though I'm getting the impressing the continuation of that bigotry is what you want.

So that why i said that this problem won't be solved.

Seeing as these more flamboyant parades take place in the more accepting cities it would seem that it's celebration of accomplishment.

Some will see it as a gay occupation

Again you make the false statement that it's a choice.

AS seen by me

Some how you seem to have either failed to realize the point of the parade or are ignoring that point in this statement.

So Gay pride parade and gay rights parade?
Sounds different to me.

yep guilty of being themselves. How horrible... >_>

Sure some one does

It will help make it harder for that hate to propagate.

Hate begets hate and prohibition of hate begets even more hate.

The stress is usually the result of having to be forced to hide who they are from bigots. It's not them being gay but the bigots who torment them for it that results in suicide. All the more reason to make it harder for the bigots to be bigots.

But they know that they will suffer it.

Wrong it's quite natural, we have over 1500 species and our closest analogous demonstrating this. It occurs in nature, thus it's natural. However something being natural or not is not an argument for it being right or wrong.

Nature forces reproduction and survival.
And not the dead end stuffing.

That's the time to educate the community.

Never can be accomplished.

Darwin is involved in social Darwinism in name only. He had nothing to do with that crap.

He craps by eating rare animals for the dinner.

Shouldn't matter, also there are plenty of religions who do accept homosexuality.

False gods

If you're not even paying attention then how are their parades having an affect on you? You're not being forced to go to or watch them in any way.

Not forced sure.

It was the start.

My face palms.

Sure captain

You've demonstrated otherwise on here. If you didn't have something against them there would be no need for your issue of just tolerating them.

I tolerate them but not their pride parades.Thats the point

Verdict: You are homophobic for absolutely no reason.

yes and not
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Dead end logic

No I actually did go some where with that.

Why not?

Because it gives those negative views something to latch onto. It help create strength in numbers. A strength that should be taken away.

Why should i ? IF it suits me?

It does nothing of the sort. It's nothing more then a deceptive tactic and can actually hurt your points, making your argument look weak. If your point have to rely on fallacies then you might as well concede as all it tells others who recognize them as your point being dead.

Sure he will other way he won't be able to live in white house again.

I'm not sure if you're ignoring the point I was making or not here. The point is that pandering to the majoring meant saying gay marriage should be acceptable shows the efforts made for acceptance has made progress.

SO why should murderers be punished? If there is no sin? OR no community tell what is sin and what is not?

Sin is a religious concept based on going against god's will. What a community considers right or wrong isn't necessarily based on this, they can be mutually exclusive concepts. Also we aren't discussing murder, we are discussing homosexuality. The two are not comparable no matter how many times you fallaciously try.

Sure they will. Bigots gonne bite.

Then doesn't it make sense to take away their teeth? ...So to speak.

So Gay pride parade and gay rights parade?
Sounds different to me.

The pride parades are for their rights.

Hate begets hate and prohibition of hate begets even more hate.

Not even close. For an analogous example. Some bully at school knocks some kid over and everyone around laughs this will only help bolster the bully. But if everyone around turns on the bully and defends the kid who was knocked over the bully isn't going to have as much ground to stand on and might even think twice about knocking over the next kid.

Sure why should i be told by others?

I'm just going to stop here fro a moment. If you're agreeing that all you really have is "gay people are iky" their really isn't much else to say. You're arguments to it being them and not your own bigotry would seem to be nothing but a falsehood.

In other words you're just lying to cover your own hate. If I'm wrong about that please do correct me. But if I'm right there really is nothing more to say.
botinok
botinok
36 posts
Farmer

No I actually did go some where with that.

Sure it's your opinion won't judge it.
Because it gives those negative views something to latch onto. It help create strength in numbers. A strength that should be taken away.

Still sometimes prejudice gives you the clear view of the problem.
It does nothing of the sort. It's nothing more then a deceptive tactic and can actually hurt your points, making your argument look weak. If your point have to rely on fallacies then you might as well concede as all it tells others who recognize them as your point being dead.

It's not my point of make my arguments to look weak or strong it's the point of expressing my own opinion.
I'm not sure if you're ignoring the point I was making or not here. The point is that pandering to the majoring meant saying gay marriage should be acceptable shows the efforts made for acceptance has made progress.

Sure they must have their rights
Sin is a religious concept based on going against god's will. What a community considers right or wrong isn't necessarily based on this, they can be mutually exclusive concepts. Also we aren't discussing murder, we are discussing homosexuality. The two are not comparable no matter how many times you fallaciously try.

K sry for off.But still why community itself set's it?So they sat like that gay rights hatred.
Then doesn't it make sense to take away their teeth? ...So to speak.

Violence wont't help solve this though.
The pride parades are for their rights.

Omg, my ignorance
Not even close. For an analogous example. Some bully at school knocks some kid over and everyone around laughs this will only help bolster the bully. But if everyone around turns on the bully and defends the kid who was knocked over the bully isn't going to have as much ground to stand on and might even think twice about knocking over the next kid.

Survival of the fittest. The Hunter and the hunted, and the bystanders which are much more cruel with their indifference than the bully
I'm just going to stop here fro a moment. If you're agreeing that all you really have is "gay people are iky" their really isn't much else to say. You're arguments to it being them and not your own bigotry would seem to be nothing but a falsehood.

In other words you're just lying to cover your own hate. If I'm wrong about that please do correct me. But if I'm right there really is nothing more to say

I don't hate them.I hate the problems which are born by this.
Why should i cover my hate for homosexuals and then to post the hidiousness of it here?To proof something?It's like sort of i like lesbians but hate gays. I hate this way of thinking. They have their rights let them live with it but i hate the community who make too much fuss of being homosexual, it's like people must face their relationships every day.I don't feel hate for their public expression of emotions but still sometimes it does annoys me. If person hate something i suppose there is no reasons to cover it or to post in topics like that in a mild manner.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

By the very nature of the word prejudice, meaning judging something or someone based on a preconceived opinion with no actual experience, what you just said is completely wrong.

Perhaps the analogy here was a bit warped - replace 'taking away their teeth' with 'muzzling a dog so that it won't bite'. You're not actually inflicting harm on the group in question but you're restricting their ability to cause harm on others.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

By the very nature of the word prejudice, meaning judging something or someone based on a preconceived opinion with no actual experience, what you just said is completely wrong.

Perhaps the analogy here was a bit warped - replace 'taking away their teeth' with 'muzzling a dog so that it won't bite'. You're not actually inflicting harm on the group in question but you're restricting their ability to cause harm on others.
Gevock
Gevock
49 posts
Nomad

Here's to hoping to not be ignored again.

That's absolutely wrong. Prejudices are unfounded, baseless discrimination against people. You are wrong to think that any insight can be gained from judging a person before you know anything about them. You're right there with racists on that idea. Your idea here is wrong. You have absolutely no ground to stand on with this.

It's not my point of make my arguments to look weak or strong it's the point of expressing my own opinion.

Then you're in the wrong place. Voicing your opinion on a forum like this requires an effort to make a strong argument for your opinion. This thread wasn't meant for people to come in and say they dis/like homosexuals. It was meant to have people explain *why* they think homosexuality is right or wrong. Your opinion and argument need some merit or else you are doing nothing to further the discussion at hand. We don't care if you think something, but why you think it and with what reason you can back it up with.
Survival of the fittest. The Hunter and the hunted, and the bystanders which are much more cruel with their indifference than the bully

First of all, social Darwinism is flawed in modern society.
Second, using social Darwinism to say a child being bully deserves to be picked on is flawed. Oh, suddenly we should let adolescents ignore the standards of society because we want to weed out the physically smaller ones and keep the overly aggressive, brainless ones. That's really going to advance mankind.
Third, bystanders that do not act are only half the problem. If there weren't people being bigots and homophobic, those indifferent masses would have no problem with gay rights. You're trying to make those that do nothing the enemy when it is the 'bully' (A.K.A. the people fighting against gay rights) that is causing all the issues. You don't want gay right's protests, don't have people trying to stamp all over the rights in the first place. You won't see too many protests after that.

Then dislike the people that made the problems, problems! You're blaming gays when it's not their fault their rights are being ignored and even fought against. You're wrong if you think gay people wanted to start problems. They just want a happy life like your or me, with the person they want to spend it with. The community doesn't want to rock the boat for giggles, they rock it because they're being practically thrown overboard.
Why should i cover my hate for homosexuals and then to post the hidiousness of it here?

You can hate someone as much as you like all day every day, but if they've done nothing illegal, they deserve all the rights we feel entitled to have. They're human. You're human.

You're equals.

Seriously, I'd appreciate it if you'd respond to my earlier post and this one. I may enjoy writing, but I like to think you've read what I've been trying to say to you. I've read and have considered everything you've said to everyone here.
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

No. Prejudice is an opinion. truth is an opinion. Also an opinion:
'Homosexuality is GAY'

Prejudice can be justified. Notice I said CAN. Not in all cases.

Now, personally, my view of homosexuality is prejudiced. Gays, I find 'yugh', while lesbians I find quite the opposite. But that's just MY sexual orientation speaking. Call it prejudice if you'd like. I call it human instincts.

In general, males are attracted to females, VIA chemical impulses. Emotions are a buttload of bio-electric signals. If a homo and his homie get a different set of signals, apparently that's their right.

Also.

Aâ B.

^applies to 'Some dolphins exhibit homosexual acts, therefore humans should by allowed to as well.'

Cheers.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I call it human instincts.

No. The instinct for homosexuals is to go for those of the same sex. That for them, is human instinct.

^applies to 'Some dolphins exhibit homosexual acts, therefore humans should by allowed to as well.'

Then the fact that some religions ban homosexual acts shouldn't imply that homosexual acts should be stamped out.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Well, first, dolphins are pervy animals so it may not be the best example. Second, it's not just some dolphins, it occurs in almost all species that have distinct gender. Third, this argument doesn't say we should also do it, it's just to counter the stupid argument saying 'it's not natural!'. We can still debate whether natural behaviours are ok or not, but natural it is.
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

No. Prejudice is an opinion. truth is an opinion. Also an opinion:

Prejudice is the forming of an opinion without any actual experience of the thing you're forming an opinion on. The truth is only an opinion when it comes to subjective matters - on objective matters we call the truth 'fact'.

Gays, I find 'yugh', while lesbians I find quite the opposite. But that's just MY sexual orientation speaking.

No it's not, that's just you being a total *******, not every straight guy finds lesbians hot and nor do all straight guys find homosexuality disgusting.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Sure it's your opinion won't judge it.

No that wasn't opinion.

First off what human nature is.

"Human nature refers to the distinguishing characteristics, including ways of thinking, feeling and acting, that humans tend to have naturally, i.e. independently of the influence of culture." -wiki

Your claim is that homosexuality goes against human nature. I said this was not correct and cited how the bonobo is a close analogous to human sexual behavior if we were to exclude social constraints i.e. the influence of our culture. Thus meaning homosexuality is part of human nature.

"Indeed, humans appear to possess at least some bonobo-like characteristics, particularly the extracurricular use of sex beyond that needed for reproduction, and perhaps a more robust capacity for cooperation than some die-hard social Darwinists might care to admit."

This is also important to note, as homosexuality has strong link to genetics. (thought I will admit more testing is needed)

"This finding commands attention because the bonobo shares more than 98 percent of our genetic profile, making it as close to a human as, say, a fox is to a dog."

If this is the case it would mean humans possess homosexual tendencies even before we were human. This would mean homosexuality superseded culture.

"If this evolutionary scenario of ecological continuity is true, the bonobo may have undergone less transformation than either humans or chimpanzees. It could most closely resemble the common ancestor of all three modern species."

All quotes from here.
http://www.unl.edu/rhames/bonobo/bonobo.htm

The second point I made was that it's not a deviations as you stated but a variation in a spectrum.

'"Homosexuality is a deviation"
Homosexuality is not a deviation, it is an alternate sexual lifestyle. Just like heterosexuality is a way of life, so is homosexuality.' - http://doctor.ndtv.com/topicdetails/ndtv/tid/00219/Aphrodisiacs.html

These points do not lead to dead ends but a better understanding of human sexuality and of homosexuality in particular. They are also refutations of your erroneous claims.

No it doesn't, I see others have already gone into more detail on this so I will leave ti at that.

Then your opinion is based on falsehoods. Making it something you might want to rethink.

K sry for off.But still why community itself set's it?So they sat like that gay rights hatred.

Not sure what you're saying there.

I wasn't suggesting an act of violence. It means to remove the ability for them to do harm to others.

Problems aren't born from them being homosexual, they are born out of the prejudice and bigotry of others.
BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

In my mind, homosexuality has been around for thousands of years but when the Bible was written (as homosexuality is mentioned we can assume people thought that it was a big enough problem to stop) and Christianity spread, people grew fearful that they will be punished if they carry out any act of homosexuality they will burn for eternity in Hell.

But with the rise of liberalism in religion homosexuals began to express their feelings more enough to make the World realise that there is nothing wrong with it. Is there really something wrong with people following their feelings?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

False gods

maybe i misunderstood this or maybe i misunderstood something else you once said but... are you sure you are an atheist?

i sure have a reason this doesint relate to some people on here but when im at mcdonalds and some really scary buff dude is staring at my *** i get kinda creeped out (because im 13) i know not all homesexuals are like that but i still get creeped out by them

you mean now GUYS have to suffer what ALL GIRLS have to suffer? i also find it pretty funny when someone says he doesnt care about them as long as they leave him alone but that guy himself wouldnt leave a lesbian he likes alone until she punches him in the face no?

"wow... the holocaust was wrong... its all the jews fault."
"wow... slavery is wrong... its all the blacks fault."

sounds kind of stupid doesnt it? its not a problem until someone gets hurt. and the one who is to blame is the person who hurts.
Showing 466-480 of 1146